Author Topic: Wow... Just Wow....  (Read 12662 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Wow... Just Wow....
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
If anything, it's a sign of how invested the community is in the game.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2010, 01:53:57 PM »
I don't know if I like the idea of a smaller inside game

Yeager, I just couldn't come up with a better term then flame. I sit here thinking and still can't.   Your just stating your opinion is all, and there is nothing bad about your statement.  I guess "dislike of idea" may have been better term.

Also this isn't a new idea, I have been contemplating it for a few years. And have spoken of it at cons before.

HiTech
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:55:42 PM by hitech »

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »
I think part of Yeager's concern is the lack of information on how it's all going to work.

IE: My main worry is that if aircraft aren't able to strafe troops it will make defending a base much more difficult. As it is, base defense sometimes comes down to just that: Killing the troops before they can get to the map room. If aircraft can no longer impact the "ground war" it's going to tip base assaults in favor of the attackers. OTOH, I'm sure this may have already been considered and there's some other mechanics involved you didn't want to reveal until on or closer to the actual release.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2010, 03:58:33 PM »
I think part of Yeager's concern is the lack of information on how it's all going to work.

IE: My main worry is that if aircraft aren't able to strafe troops it will make defending a base much more difficult. As it is, base defense sometimes comes down to just that: Killing the troops before they can get to the map room. If aircraft can no longer impact the "ground war" it's going to tip base assaults in favor of the attackers. OTOH, I'm sure this may have already been considered and there's some other mechanics involved you didn't want to reveal until on or closer to the actual release.

Maybe he's leaning toward this....

As you bail out of your plane that you have used to so valiantly defend the base with you now get a choice.... run to the hanging and up in a brand new shiny plane (like we do now) or knowing that there will most likely be a battle near the maproom you grab your garand and run toward the maproom to make a stand there in the FPS battle.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »

But the defenders just recently got the edge with the longer radar and lower NOE altitude.  Well, maybe they didn't get the edge but it makes it definitely easier to defend a base then before.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »
HT,

why not just create a basic infantryman that walks and runs, has three positions prone, kneeling and standing and operates within the basic framework of the game? spawning from inside the bunker perhaps.  You could really have fun with this one.  You should create a player advisory board and put me on it.  
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
Oh YEAH
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2010, 08:46:52 PM »
"WOW!" is right. This is a fantastic concept which could bring a depth of sim never before attempted. I hope it can be worked out. I would volunteer to sit in the woods at the edge of the base with a sniper rifle raining death upon everything that moved.  :x 

You thought the snapshots were fun before: how bout D-Day landings? Iwo Jima? Sabotaging the strats with commando raids, planting bombs on the ords in the bases, on and on and on. Good luck HT.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:50:00 PM by Bubbajj »

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »
And you wonder why there are rarely any "previews" of things to come....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2010, 01:02:01 AM »
Excuse me, this is a discussion forum.  Right?

From everything I have read in this thread people are discussing the topic with interest and excitement.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2010, 12:03:11 PM »
HT I must state my concerns on your concept.....

Will the troops be able to carry supplies such as blenders, tequila, triple-sec, and ice? As the Consortium of 12's Esteemed Lecturing Knight of the Blender I would like some insight on this please.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »
HT I must state my concerns on your concept.....

Will the troops be able to carry supplies such as blenders, tequila, triple-sec, and ice? As the Consortium of 12's Esteemed Lecturing Knight of the Blender I would like some insight on this please.

Well... unless you are planning on rolling out an extension cord from the M3...  those blenders are going to need to be battery powered... or hand cranked.  :D

***G3-MF***

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: July 21, 2010, 02:25:34 PM »
here Shuf

78 bucks
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #207 on: July 21, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »
Yeah... but what if the batteries die?  Nothing is worse that being in the middle of a firefight, and the ol'blender wont spin...

THIS... is what ya need!

***G3-MF***

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2010, 02:48:56 PM »
2 1/4HP 24cc 2 stroke engine solves so many problems.

Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
Re: Oh YEAH
« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
"WOW!" is right. This is a fantastic concept which could bring a depth of sim never before attempted. I hope it can be worked out. I would volunteer to sit in the woods at the edge of the base with a sniper rifle raining death upon everything that moved.  :x 

The new form of vulching:

:devil