Author Topic: Scenario Only Subscription?  (Read 869 times)

Offline Eksel

• Zinc Member
Scenario Only Subscription?
« on: October 21, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
Ok, well I hate to be a little b*tch but even this membership fee is somewhat is too much for me. I usually don't have time to maximize my playing time, and I think the no-teamwork attitude seems like a waste (from what I've seen, dont have many friends   :( ) I remember back in the day when I had my  trial period   :eek: I played a scenario or two, and I was amazed by the amount of teamwork involved, and also the concrete objectives. I'm just saying, it would be cool to have a scenario only account. I know that would screw up the HT database with these arena restrictions, but it would be cool, for like 6-7 bucks a month.

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »
The ultimate in teamwork flying is found in the Tour Of Duty (TOD) missions held each Friday.  Look into the rules on the Aces High website and then see if you can become a guest of a squadron.  8 PM every Friday your time.  I'm not sure about making separate accounts and fees just to only play the Special Events.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2001, 11:53:00 AM »
Eksel what handle do you use in the game?  Any reason you aren't using it here?

If you want teamwork you should join a squadron.  My squadron is recruiting guys who love scenarios and teamwork.  Click the links below if you are interested.
 http://www.hitechcreations.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000342

Also, consider flying for rooks.  There are organized missions every night, at least when I'm flying.   :)

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2001, 12:09:00 PM »
The Main Arena can be a disaster if you are looking for a cooperative effort.  Last night, us Knights had the advantage in players but we were getting our respective butts kicked badly.  

A few suggestions, if I may:

1)  Ask where the action is.  Ask what is needed, bombs, JABO, goons, etc.  I wasn't PLANNING in fixing our HQ, but since it had been turned into a smoking crater, I was asked if I could re-suplpy it, so I did.  (And in true Knight unity, I had to do it 3 more times since the morons wouldn't defend it! LOL)

2)  Join a Squad.  Course, some squads seem to always be on or have a lot of members.  My Squad, the 416th RCAF, is a small one.  Most of the time, I'm on later than a few of them are, etc etc.  But, if you can find a squad that's hiring, not only is it great to work with them in a team-work fashion, but each player can help you out.  Can't fly a P-51 worth a damn?  Maybe one of the guys can teach you a few tricks, etc.

3)  Don't be a General.  We're all guilty of yelling on the buffer when things aren't going our way, Check Six's aren't being sent around, etc.  If the war isn't going well, take a break, refill the coffee cup, pet the dog, etc.  Sometimes this game can frustrate the begeezus out of you.  But, othertimes, you and your side become an unstoppable steamroller-like force.  Remember that its a game, and sometimes things aren't destined to go right.

The TOD's are based around Squad play, from what I can gather.  I enjoy it, even though hblair gives us RCAF guys awful aircraft assignments   :)  But I don't think the TOD's should be free.  You want to play and have all the perks?  Then pay up.  Its that easy.

Another thing, get yourself a voice program, like BattleCom, Roger Wilco, etc.  Ask what channel the guys are chatting on, its vastly easier to coordinate strikes talking to one another rather than that little bitty 60 character chat buffer   :)

Hope this helps you some.