Author Topic: Again...  (Read 266 times)

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
Again...
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »
Since my neighbor's house was hit by lightning (her house is 30-40 ft away), my internet connection has been wonky. I used to be connected to two wireless signals from the same router (signals had the same name and were the same network). My comp will only connect to one of the signals. And I can only seem to run AH with the two signals, not just the one. The reason I'm bringing this up again is because Internet will give out now, and it is giving out about once every half hour, whereas right after the lightning it was only twice a day or so. It has been getting continually worse.

I tried AH again just now and it said I couldn't check for game updates, check firewall settings. AH is allowed through my firewall, and it even says this with no firewall on.

Should I buy a new router? I don't get it.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
Re: Again...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 12:27:24 PM »
It might be this

Quote from Skuzzy

"Some firewalls databases will get corrupt after adding an application back into it many times.  The only cure is to remove the firewall software and re-install it.  This is particularly true for Norton."

I was getting this error "unable to connect for version checking. please check all firewall settings".

so I got rid of my Mcafee firewall, installed ESET and the program ran flawlessly

I hope this helps

gus

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
Re: Again...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
I would think this too, as I have norton. But today just now it found 3 Java-related viruses (Don't look at me, my parents update it for me, they tink they are being helpful). I tried to get on Aces High again, and it would allow me on, worked several other times as well, haven't gotten an error message since. I was allowed to play for about 2 minutes before I lost UDP and switched to TCP. But once I switched to TCP, it allowed me to play until 10 minutes later when it booted me off.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>