Author Topic: Thanks again Agent360  (Read 5438 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Thanks again Agent360
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »
Me in the 109k with an alt advantage, you in a 109f.  What was that, 10 minute engagement probably?  I kept my E and after only the first pass I knew I had someone who certainly knew what he was doing.  Each pass seemed to get me a little closer to a decent deflection shot, and I took a few, conserving my guns where I could.  Then after about 8 passes you pullled a wonderful little lag turn and were on me D400, nose down I go, lower than the trees pulling right just enough to stay out of any kind of lead shot and I gain a bit and get out of range.  Back I come again, you're still on the deck, over and over and over.  I'm busy, I'm thinking my way through this, and I'm patient, I know better than to get in a turn fight on the deck.  I figured I probably pinged you a couple of times and had a pretty good chance on that last pass when suddenly your plane goes straight and level.  I though, pilot wound, he's gone level just before he passes out so he doesn't crash, so I take the shot at D400 and boom, I'm flying through a cloud of debris.

It was only then that I took the time or had the time to look at the buffer to see who I had been fighting.  Yup there it is, Agent360, but whats this?
It looks like as I was setting up each pass, (climbing out a bit, no more than D3), you had been typing a bit and had expressed your boredom, and then said you went level because it was such a lame fight, just to get it over with.

<S> sir.  I was giving it my best.  I was using my aircraft as I thought it had been modeled as I thought you were using yours to its' strengths.  I learned a bit from that fight as I do any engagement.  That was a great fight for me and I thought , the best engagement I have had since I started here 7 months ago.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Re: Thanks again Agent360
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
IN

Edit: figured this thread was goin to go south but I guess I was wrong. Do your best to Fight on your terms, not on the other guys terms. There will be times when the tables will turn possibly several times until a winner comes out. Don't worry about hurting any feelings here, if someone can't get over getting killed then that's his problem. Learn to apply different tactics to the right situation and know the capabilities of both your and your opponent's aircraft
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:58:02 PM by shotgunneeley »
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 11:33:50 AM »
10 minutes?

Both still flying?

Down to the deck?

Lame fight?? :huh
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 11:34:51 AM »
a film would make this lots more fun

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 11:35:11 AM »
Zoney, as far as Agent360 is concerned if you're not willing to fight on his terms, it's a boring fight. There are a number of others with similar mentality, don't sweat it fight your fight.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
Zoney, as far as Agent360 is concerned if you're not willing to fight on his terms, it's a boring fight. There are a number of others with similar mentality, don't sweat it fight your fight.

I don't often find myself a such a position, but I entirely agree with Gyrene here.   :lol It sounds like you used your beefy engine and flew conservatively, which if you are in a turny 109F trying to counter that is infuriating.  Everyone has been on both sides of this one at some point.  You didn't get into his turn fight, so he got bored.  Glad you enjoyed the engagement, but don't sweat the response too much.   :aok

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 12:11:08 PM »
Me in the 109k with an alt advantage, you in a 109f.  What was that, 10 minute engagement probably?  I kept my E and after only the first pass I knew I had someone who certainly knew what he was doing.  Each pass seemed to get me a little closer to a decent deflection shot, and I took a few, conserving my guns where I could.  Then after about 8 passes you pullled a wonderful little lag turn and were on me D400, nose down I go, lower than the trees pulling right just enough to stay out of any kind of lead shot and I gain a bit and get out of range.  Back I come again, you're still on the deck, over and over and over.  I'm busy, I'm thinking my way through this, and I'm patient, I know better than to get in a turn fight on the deck.  I figured I probably pinged you a couple of times and had a pretty good chance on that last pass when suddenly your plane goes straight and level.  I though, pilot wound, he's gone level just before he passes out so he doesn't crash, so I take the shot at D400 and boom, I'm flying through a cloud of debris.

It was only then that I took the time or had the time to look at the buffer to see who I had been fighting.  Yup there it is, Agent360, but whats this?
It looks like as I was setting up each pass, (climbing out a bit, no more than D3), you had been typing a bit and had expressed your boredom, and then said you went level because it was such a lame fight, just to get it over with.

<S> sir.  I was giving it my best.  I was using my aircraft as I thought it had been modeled as I thought you were using yours to its' strengths.  I learned a bit from that fight as I do any engagement.  That was a great fight for me and I thought , the best engagement I have had since I started here 7 months ago.

WOW.  Focus on the enjoyment and education you received, not the BS story you were fed.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 12:16:19 PM »
Agent only has one finger on each hand, so if he had enough time to type something on 200 between your passes, it must have been boring.  Just saying. 

:noid 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 12:37:44 PM »
If you're B&Zing a skilled pilot, you have to eventually take a chance if you expect to get a kill.  Taking a chance means cutting throttle and going for a shot.  Spraying at him on his low yoyo defensive counter measures and then perching back up over and over again will not get you a kill.  I can see this being irritating and frustrating for Agent, for these reasons:

1.  You were not going to kill him with the tactics you were using.
2.  He was not going to kill you with the E you refused to give up.
3.  He did not want to fight you any more, yet you insisted on continueing the tactics that were already proven not to work.

The reason I can make these assumptions without seeing a film is because, as you say, it lasted 10 minutes.  If any 1v1 B&Z takes longer than a couple minutes for something eventful to happen, then you aren't doing it correctly.  No disrespect intended.

That being said, everyone should fly the way they want.  I'm certain Agent was back in his K4 hunting ya after that.   :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:39:23 PM by grizz441 »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
The difference here is Agent would have gotten in there and fought you instead of BnZing his opponent to sleep like you did.
Lighten up Francis

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 01:06:34 PM »
The guys been flying 7 months like he said, he was flying the way he felt comfortable, flying his way, i see nothing wrong with that, like Grizz said "everyone should fly the way they want"  couldnt agree more, in time and with the right people teaching Zoney, he just might give you what you want, dive in and dance then your towered, we all learn no matter how many years we have been in this game
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »
Zoney did the right thing. They want you to "take a chance". You have the advantage keep it at all costs.

The only thing I can say zoney did wrong was linger at the one target too long. If you don't get him in a couple passes move on, unless you are sure he is the only con around.

You want the other pilot to be frustrated he will make a mistake or move on. If i am in BnZing mode I am going to keep alt advantage and work for the high con to the lower cons without lingering on one for too long.

Now agent could have done several things, getting him to miss a whole bunch doesn't improve his postion. So he is to blame for him being bored. Don't look to the other pilot when you get shot down look to yourself.

BnZing will work eventually the only thing you have to worry about is other cons coming to jump you.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »
The guys been flying 7 months like he said, he was flying the way he felt comfortable, flying his way, i see nothing wrong with that, like Grizz said "everyone should fly the way they want"  couldnt agree more, in time and with the right people teaching Zoney, he just might give you what you want, dive in and dance then your towered, we all learn no matter how many years we have been in this game

1.  And Agent should be able to fly like he wants.  He didn't want to sit around and stay in a fight that wasn't going anywhere.
2.  There is some governing law that we all respect and agree with that says that Zoney and Agent both have the right to fly however they want.  Let's call that law The Pwnstitution.
3.  The Pwnstitution gives Zoney the right to come on these boards and whine about Agent not being happy with how he flys.
4.  The Pwnstitution gives others the right to take up for Zoney and make him feel better about the way he flys and paint Agent as a big meanie.  
5.  This exact same Pwnstitution gives Agent the right to say that he doesn't like the way Zoney was flying on 200.  

It seems to me that everyone was within their rights according to the laws set forth in The Pwnstitution so I guess this thread is moot and can be locked now.  Thanks.  

Gavel.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 02:07:54 PM »
Bottom line:
Zoney is eating steak tonight
Agent is steak tonight

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 02:14:30 PM »
1.  And Agent should be able to fly like he wants.  He didn't want to sit around and stay in a fight that wasn't going anywhere.
2.  There is some governing law that we all respect and agree with that says that Zoney and Agent both have the right to fly however they want.  Let's call that law The Pwnstitution.
3.  The Pwnstitution gives Zoney the right to come on these boards and whine about Agent not being happy with how he flys.
4.  The Pwnstitution gives others the right to take up for Zoney and make him feel better about the way he flys and paint Agent as a big meanie.  
5.  This exact same Pwnstitution gives Agent the right to say that he doesn't like the way Zoney was flying on 200.  

It seems to me that everyone was within their rights according to the laws set forth in The Pwnstitution so I guess this thread is moot and can be locked now.  Thanks.  

Gavel.

I guess you should just auger immediately after you get bored when someone won't fly the way you have the advantage.

Zoney flew to his advantage.  Just because he can't shoot like Grizz and get a kill in 2 minutes is no reason to ragg on him for taking so long to get the kill.

Usually the "bored" pilot in a faster plane would run away....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay