Author Topic: So I guess we're getting AT guns.....  (Read 3594 times)

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
Re: So I guess we're getting AT guns.....
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
 A Tank destroyer of some type would be nice someday.There were several different kinds,from several countries.Mobility was the weakness of all towed  antitank guns.They put the scoot into shoot and scoot!With the Germans 88,perhaps scooting wasn't as important,as they could reach out and touch you from a long way out.Touching probably isn't they precise word to use.They could open up anything they could reach!
Dobey

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »
     Just for grins and giggles, for the tank destroyer folks, what difference will a TD make in AH that
a tank doesn't already perform?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2010, 03:19:45 PM »
     Just for grins and giggles, for the tank destroyer folks, what difference will a TD make in AH that
a tank doesn't already perform?

Speed.  For Allied TDs anyway.

THey should blow up easier too.

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »
That might be because this isn't a war game, just a guess.

Guess your right, you don't have a link to the book of incantations for tonights instance do you?

Infidelz.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2010, 07:07:18 PM »
Speed.  For Allied TDs anyway.

wrongway

For the Germans, they were smaller, well armed and armored. Hetzer, Jagdpanzer, Jagdpanther, etc.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2010, 08:57:41 PM »
     Was asking for the in game difference.  Frankly, size and speed don't bother me at all, of course
your mileage may vary.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2010, 09:04:41 PM »
For the Germans, they were smaller, well armed and armored. Hetzer, Jagdpanzer, Jagdpanther, etc.

Yep, tiny little things  :rofl

Ok, ok..you're half right, I'll give you the Marder and the Hetzer  :D

80th FS Headhunters
PHAN

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2010, 09:09:40 PM »
Size make you a smaller target (especially at long range), easier to hide, and will help with ambushes and finding cover (some of lower burms will cover almost all of a Hetzer).

Speed speaks for itself. Getting the M18 would be like giving the M8 the M4(76)'s gun. Now tell me that wouldn't be usefull.

And Rino, let me put it this way:

The German's tank destroyers are small for the ammount of armor and the size of gun they carry.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2010, 09:41:10 PM »
And Rino, let me put it this way:
The German's tank destroyers are small for the ammount of armor and the size of gun they carry.

Somehow the word "small" just doesn't do it for me.
Have you ever read your sig line?
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2010, 11:06:06 PM »
I will give you that most are rather large compared to their allied and soviet counter-parts. But you must remember that the elephant has 200mm frontal armor, a KwK 43 , and 50 rounds.

And I can't be sure, but the second one looks like a Nashorn.  I will admit that the Nashorn isn't really small, regardless of armor thickness or cannon caliber.

Another example: The Jagdpanther; would you say its smaller than the koinstiger? It has the same gun, and 57 rounds of ammunition for the Kwk 43. The Jagdpanther was also faster than the koinstiger.

I was mostly thinking of vehicles we may actually get. I doubt we will get the elephant. I would be escatic if we DID, but we won't.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2010, 11:45:27 PM »
I will give you that most are rather large compared to their allied and soviet counter-parts. But you must remember that the elephant has 200mm frontal armor, a KwK 43 , and 50 rounds.

That's exactly the opposite of your quote "The German's tank destroyers are small for the ammount of armor and the size of gun they carry."

Now I'll quote your sig line.

"When we replace facts with opinions, it becomes hard to tell what is real in this world."
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2010, 12:00:18 AM »
How much armor did the KV-85 have? How powerful was its gun? Compare that to the Jagdpanzer L70, and the Jagdpanther.

Jagdpanzer and Jagdpanther are about the same size or ever so slightly smaller.

The Is-2, how thick was its armor? How powerful was its gun? Compare that to the Jagdpanther, and the Jagdtiger. Jagdtiger was large and bulky, but it was far superior to the Is-2, excluding manuverability.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2010, 02:39:28 AM »
 :D Thanks Pyro, manned gun emplacement addition is good enough for me.   :aok

I have enjoyed the chatter in this thread about wishlist objects (tank destroyers and such) but that has not diminished my anticipation for the new field and town objects.  :rock

I searched for a thread here before posting to see if anyone else was commenting on how awesome the new objects looked.  The minute I saw them, I was wishing that I could be in a vehicle driving around those twisty lanes.  Nice touches with the rooftops, multi story buildings, hangars, etc. 

Okay, I give......   couldn't help but add one more wishlist item   :pray AT gun emplacement guarding town.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2010, 02:54:26 AM »
:D Thanks Pyro, manned gun emplacement addition is good enough for me.   :aok

I have enjoyed the chatter in this thread about wishlist objects (tank destroyers and such) but that has not diminished my anticipation for the new field and town objects.  :rock

I searched for a thread here before posting to see if anyone else was commenting on how awesome the new objects looked.  The minute I saw them, I was wishing that I could be in a vehicle driving around those twisty lanes.  Nice touches with the rooftops, multi story buildings, hangars, etc. 

Okay, I give......   couldn't help but add one more wishlist item   :pray AT gun emplacement guarding town.

I already commented about the new object looks in another thread. lol  This one is about the AT gun emplacements and, seems to have come the it's inevitable, current state.  Tank Destroyers.  :lol

If there are going to be AT gun emplacements in town, it would be auto.  Either way, it will definitely make it a bit more interesting.  Now the town thing has me wondering; Will we be able to shoot through destroyed buildings like we can now?  Or will you actually have to go into town to get them all? (This is assuming that the entire area that the town is in is flat, IE no big hills to lob shells into town from)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2010, 08:38:39 AM »
How much armor did the KV-85 have? How powerful was its gun? Compare that to the Jagdpanzer L70, and the Jagdpanther.

Jagdpanzer and Jagdpanther are about the same size or ever so slightly smaller.

The Is-2, how thick was its armor? How powerful was its gun? Compare that to the Jagdpanther, and the Jagdtiger. Jagdtiger was large and bulky, but it was far superior to the Is-2, excluding manuverability.

LMAO

Spin baby spin.
See Rule #4