Author Topic: Herding Arenas !!!  (Read 6278 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Herding Arenas !!!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 04:30:47 PM »
Those of you who pay your own bills and have an issue with not being able to fly with friends because your chosen arena is closed to you and the other hardly has any action speak up here and let HTC decide if they are going to make a better compromise or not.  I will be walking with my account pending the action or lack there of taken here.

PS and thank the rest of you for constructive input.  We the customer are responsible to request improvements in the products we pay for!

Spin (Widow Makers)
AW Spin (Aw Trainer)
Dmd Spin (The Damned)
As Spin (Airstrike)
Spin (Genie)
Arena caps have been around for a while and yet there are still just as many people playing. All your talk about taking your money elsewhere, just do it because your chest thumping isn't going to get you any further than the 20 other people who have complained about it over the years. Either crap or get off the pot.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »
More than 20 have complained.  I bet only 20 like arena caps.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SpinMan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 05:02:59 PM »
well then explain grizz.  I dont fly as often as you so Id like you to look at this from any other perspective than your own.  Looking fowd to some flight time then meeting with trying to find a fight in an arena with 46 sticks....perhaps I dont have the time to do that, perhaps Id like to just jump into a populated arena and find a fight.  Is that too much to ask for the subscription I pay?  Im not here to start or provoke a flame fest but ive been around long enough and invested enough time and money into whats finally become AHII that I feel I have the right to ask more of our service provider, this is important to me, im asking all those who care about this to voice along with me.  If there is enough demand then change will happen if not then I will wait for the next evolution of the game to return.  I quit this game for 10 yrs I'll do it again:))
Otto-Ghecko-Salamander-SpinMan

<<<Anyone Can Defend Themselves!  Only The Best Can Defend The Bombers>>>

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 05:11:40 PM »
Arg, my searching is not working well so I'll 'splain for ya.

Firstly, two arenas are needed now because of the growth of the game, that is a given.  Secondly, players are magnetized to the arena with the most players, which is a constant domino effect problem so offering two arenas with free choice is not enough.  It will always end up as 600 players and 0 players.  So HTC had to be creative in coming up with a way to force players to balance the arenas since we cannot do it on our own.  You can still get in the arena of your choice if you try hard enough but around noon every day, it is difficult.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 05:16:40 PM by grizz441 »

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 05:14:55 PM »
 They change the radar setting so give it time. i bet Hitech will do something new arena numbers.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 05:35:50 PM »
Post is a knee jerk reaction.

I am sure a great many of you have been annoyed with the caps. I know I have.

Fanboys come out of the woodwork to defend it.

And the Anti-Fanboys come out to namecall and other wonderfully useful things.  Like it's a crime
to like the games you play.  :rolleyes:
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
I know how the OP feels, but one isn't allowed to complain about it so don't, mmmkay?

The fanbois roll out a long list of apparently reasonable arguments and suggestions supporting the Arena Caps, which in reality simply aren't plausible.

What it comes down to though is that HT consider large numbers of customers sharing an arena a bad thing for business because everyone behaves badly.

You can't win this argument SpinMan, so it's best to apologise to everyone for being deluded or make good on the threat to leave.

Your allowed to complain all you want, but it isn't going to do any good. While "caps" suck nobody has come up with any better way that is fair to populate 2 arenas. Many have tried and all have failed due to one thing or another.

As the OP posted, it's your $15, but remember your $15 is being paid for what HTC is supplying, and they are supplying a game WITH caps.

Not that it matters, but I never played Genie, I started when AW hit AOL. I do remember 5 1/4 inch drives, as well as those lovely tape drives that you would load up your game BEFORE supper so you could play AFTER supper   :rolleyes:

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2010, 05:48:59 PM »
Three things.

1) Spin has the right to complain.  I am sure anybody that has encountered 180/100 Orange 46/250 Blue would be miffed about it.  Especially if you have limited time to fly.

2) I don't think a better way has been put forth.  There have been some recently that HiTech seemed to think had merit (think he complimented the OP on his COAD writing) but until a change is made we have to make do with what we got.

3)  For gawd sakes Spin learn to add our Squad Avatar and make a Signature.  I've known ya' for 15+ yrs now, am you CO, and STILL didn't know this was you until your 2nd post.  (yes i'll write up a quick "how to" in the Squad forum down @ the bottom of the page) 

Do like all the other WidowMakers Spin and just blame NwBie.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2010, 06:01:11 PM »
Who are you exactly?

Just because I'm not known to you please dint be so ignorant as to assume I'm a 2 weeker:)  Ive been flying since before many of you have even owned computers:)  Texas I'm sure you don't even remember 3 1/2 floppy or tape drives:)  Anyways a Lil tongue in cheek there.  Ive been flying since the beginning of AW1, anyone remember the Genie server on DOS?  In any respect whats the point your making,? Being dictated to as a customer doesn't sit well with me and it shouldn't with you.  Clearly those of you who are not old enough to understand how you should be treated as a customer just keep getting mom and dads debit each month and carry on your opinion here carries no weight.  Those of you who pay your own bills and have an issue with not being able to fly with friends because your chosen arena is closed to you and the other hardly has any action speak up here and let HTC decide if they are going to make a better compromise or not.  I will be walking with my account pending the action or lack there of taken here.

PS and thank the rest of you for constructive input.  We the customer are responsible to request improvements in the products we pay for!

Spin (Widow Makers)
AW Spin (Aw Trainer)
Dmd Spin (The Damned)
As Spin (Airstrike)
Spin (Genie)

Bye

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 06:01:48 PM »
Who are you exactly?

Textast316 are you the grand wizard of these forums ? Who cares who he is. Is he not allowed to make a comment unless he has more than one star beside his name? You forum junkies are funny to watch. Your probably thinking: "How dare that one star dweeb make a comment on my forums!"

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2010, 06:05:15 PM »
Textast316 are you the grand wizard of these forums ? Who cares who he is. Is he not allowed to make a comment unless he has more than one star beside his name? You forum junkies are funny to watch. Your probably thinking: "How dare that one star dweeb make a comment on my forums!"

Do you really think the number of stars matters to anyone?  :lol

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 06:06:23 PM »
Three things.

1) Spin has the right to complain.  I am sure anybody that has encountered 180/100 Orange 46/250 Blue would be miffed about it.  Especially if you have limited time to fly.

2) I don't think a better way has been put forth.  There have been some recently that HiTech seemed to think had merit (think he complimented the OP on his COAD writing) but until a change is made we have to make do with what we got.

3)  For gawd sakes Spin learn to add our Squad Avatar and make a Signature.  I've known ya' for 15+ yrs now, am you CO, and STILL didn't know this was you until your 2nd post.  (yes i'll write up a quick "how to" in the Squad forum down @ the bottom of the page) 

Do like all the other WidowMakers Spin and just blame NwBie.

I wanna know who this guy is??

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 06:07:06 PM »
Do you really think the number of stars matters to anyone?  :lol

Apparently it matters to Textast316.........

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 06:13:15 PM »
Apparently it matters to Textast316.........
Actually it doesn't. I have as many stars as TexasTC does and I irritate the pee out of him on a regular basis.

He asked that question because of how the OP presented his displeasure. It's a legitimate question in that regard.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 07:01:32 PM »

Didn't seem to stop you from commenting did it? :)

With Spin being a long time player, I'm sure he remembers the dial up days, and all the waiting too.  You either follow the herd or start a new one which is why some of us try and keep Blue busy when we get to fly. 

There will be no magic answer.  HTC has explained it many times. 

All that being said, I seem to be able to get into any arena I want to get into and the wait has never been long.  I'd guess that my flying time is about as limited as Spin's too.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters