Author Topic: Herding Arenas !!!  (Read 6274 times)

Offline SpinMan

• Zinc Member
Herding Arenas !!!
« on: July 03, 2010, 02:50:52 PM »
Please for the love of god do something about this.  I have no understanding why this is the way it is.  For my monthly subscription I EXPECT to have a choice where I can fly.  With the amount of time available to me to actually get on-line and enjoy some air time, I find it extremely frustrating to see this.  180/100 Orange 46/250 Blue.  If something does not get done about this I am canceling my subscription and wont bother your forums with my whining again.  At the very least some kind of explanation for why this is, cant we just have a cap of 500 per arena and allow those to choose where they fly?  Done!  Guess I'll go wash the car instead of getting some of my monies worth on-line!
Otto-Ghecko-Salamander-SpinMan

<<<Anyone Can Defend Themselves!  Only The Best Can Defend The Bombers>>>

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Herding Arenas !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 02:55:32 PM »
Please for the love of god do something about this.  I have no understanding why this is the way it is.  For my monthly subscription I EXPECT to have a choice where I can fly.  With the amount of time available to me to actually get on-line and enjoy some air time, I find it extremely frustrating to see this.  180/100 Orange 46/250 Blue.  If something does not get done about this I am canceling my subscription and wont bother your forums with my whining again.  At the very least some kind of explanation for why this is, cant we just have a cap of 500 per arena and allow those to choose where they fly?  Done!  Guess I'll go wash the car instead of getting some of my monies worth on-line!

Search: Arena Caps

How's the radar treating you?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »
     Funny, I feel I get plenty for my 50 cents a day.  Plus you get to rant for free, what a bargain!  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 03:21:07 PM »
I know how the OP feels, but one isn't allowed to complain about it so don't, mmmkay?

The fanbois roll out a long list of apparently reasonable arguments and suggestions supporting the Arena Caps, which in reality simply aren't plausible.

What it comes down to though is that HT consider large numbers of customers sharing an arena a bad thing for business because everyone behaves badly.

You can't win this argument SpinMan, so it's best to apologise to everyone for being deluded or make good on the threat to leave.
Retired

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 03:38:25 PM »
Who are you exactly?
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 03:41:49 PM »
Who are you exactly?

Always the worst response "who are you" like it matters if you are known or not.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 03:55:21 PM »
Always the worst response "who are you" like it matters if you are known or not.

But.....

My first thought is it is a "two week'r" so the money thing is a moot point.

My second thought is, this is the first time this has happened after spending untold hundreds on this game?

Third thought, other arena.  Go sneak a v-base.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 04:06:09 PM »
Two weeker turns into no coming back same as a monthly payer who gets tired of caps.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »
Exactly Semp.
Retired

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 04:11:13 PM »
Or  you  could  just  go  to   the  oth  er  a re na.

The game is what you make of it.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 04:15:38 PM »
How about just putting a simple note on the startup screen next to the arena numbers?  "What are arena caps?" You click it, and a simple in game note appears and informs.

Any 2 weeker or ignorant vet can get their information right there before huffing and puffing over to the bbs or the 'delete account' section.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 04:23:05 PM »
Herding arenas? I thought this was going to be about sheep or dipstick horde behavior.  :headscratch:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SpinMan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 04:23:42 PM »
Who are you exactly?

Just because I'm not known to you please dint be so ignorant as to assume I'm a 2 weeker:)  Ive been flying since before many of you have even owned computers:)  Texas I'm sure you don't even remember 3 1/2 floppy or tape drives:)  Anyways a Lil tongue in cheek there.  Ive been flying since the beginning of AW1, anyone remember the Genie server on DOS?  In any respect whats the point your making,? Being dictated to as a customer doesn't sit well with me and it shouldn't with you.  Clearly those of you who are not old enough to understand how you should be treated as a customer just keep getting mom and dads debit each month and carry on your opinion here carries no weight.  Those of you who pay your own bills and have an issue with not being able to fly with friends because your chosen arena is closed to you and the other hardly has any action speak up here and let HTC decide if they are going to make a better compromise or not.  I will be walking with my account pending the action or lack there of taken here.

PS and thank the rest of you for constructive input.  We the customer are responsible to request improvements in the products we pay for!

Spin (Widow Makers)
AW Spin (Aw Trainer)
Dmd Spin (The Damned)
As Spin (Airstrike)
Spin (Genie)
Otto-Ghecko-Salamander-SpinMan

<<<Anyone Can Defend Themselves!  Only The Best Can Defend The Bombers>>>

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »
Post is a knee jerk reaction.

I am sure a great many of you have been annoyed with the caps. I know I have.

Fanboys come out of the woodwork to defend it.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 04:27:02 PM »
I will be walking with my account pending the action or lack there of taken here.

That's pretty dumb.  There are actually very good reasons why those pesky caps are in effect.   They get in the way but they do more good than harm.