Author Topic: Flipping tanks on bushes and trees  (Read 928 times)

Offline Panzerace

• Zinc Member
Flipping tanks on bushes and trees
« on: July 04, 2010, 03:00:11 AM »
Please fix this. A tank can drive over trees in real life, but in AH u can flip a Tiger on a rose bush.
“No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.” GSP

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
Re: Flipping tanks on bushes and trees
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 03:06:05 AM »
They were such delicate vehicles while crossing the Rhine.   :D

Agree.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:04:03 AM »
What if it's NOT broken? What if it's a FEATURE in the game to make GVin a bit more of a challenge?

If it's the same for everyone (which it is) everyone is on a "level playing ground" so to speak. Learn to drive.

Offline Odyssey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »
What if it's NOT broken? What if it's a FEATURE in the game to make GV'in a bit more of a challenge?

I have to sound off on this one
  if you simple touch some bushes at less than 2 mph it flips the tank.
  20-40 ton vehicles should not be so easily flipped.. PERIOD ! This game claims to be realistic, I don't
  see it with foliage. I'm in total agreement with having hills to steep to climb, mud bogs, etc. It would
  great to have REAL obstacles for gvs to have to maneuver around. But seriously a single bush in the
  middle of open ground being clipped flips a tank is wrong. Tanks were used to clear paths through heavy
  brush and ford various obstacles.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:13:48 AM by Odyssey »

"ADMIT NOTHING, DENY EVERYTHING, MAKE COUNTER ACCUSATIONS"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 12:36:03 PM »
OK so instead of them having infantry carrying bazookas and throwing "sock bombs" and laying mine fields they have brushes that "simulate" those things. Easier to coad than all that other stuff. What do you think?

Like I said, I think ya'll should just learn to drive, or is just too much of a challenge to use the rudder to turn while your sitting in a gun?  :noid

Offline Panzerace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 07:53:07 PM »
Oh thanks God the Fugitive put his 2 cents in.  I was trying to turn my tank with the rudder and not the tracks.  Thanks for your help. Now go ask your mommy for some cookies before bed time.
“No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.” GSP

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 08:24:49 PM »
Oh thanks God the Fugitive put his 2 cents in.  I was trying to turn my tank with the rudder and not the tracks.  Thanks for your help. Now go ask your mommy for some cookies before bed time.
1:
you reply is in poor taste and already reduces the low asteem your peers have in you.

2:
your GSP quote is wrong!
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline Panzerace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 08:56:07 PM »
1: Your a complete idiot

2: Your still a complete idiot

3: I am going on a tech board to express my findings in a game I pay $14.95 a month for.  I do not need some love muffin to tell me to learn to drive.  As for you and your findings in my statements.  You came here to voice an opinion that has absolutely nothing to do with my complaint.  You my Friend are the one that has "poor taste and already reduces the low asteem (the word is spelled esteem, which you spelled wrong since you want to be so correct in your findings, please learn to spell) your peers have in you.  My quote was copied and pasted from a quote site.  You will find several different versions of this quote if you do a search.  Your presence here is not wanted and you really need to find something better to do then pollute boards with your worthless opinion.  I know you will write back with more worthless trash so have fun you loser, but please don't waste time and space with your meager existence on these boards.
Thank You

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »

OK, listen closely I'm going to teach you something.

If while riding in your pretend tank in any postion other than the drivers seat you use what ever control you use as your "rudder" control be it "A","D", or "S", the twist of the stick, or for us big boys (that our mommy's love) rudder pedals you can turn your tank just like you were in the drivers seat.

I know, as I'm sure Hitech most likely knows, that the only reason people "need" this bush problem fixed is because it is way too much trouble to gun/search, and pay attention to where you are driving, so you cry about loosing another tank to an obstacle a 5 year old can avoid.

Ok lesson over, I'm going to go have my cookies now.

1: Your a complete idiot

2: Your still a complete idiot

3: I am going on a tech board to express my findings in a game I pay $14.95 a month for.  I do not need some love muffin to tell me to learn to drive.  As for you and your findings in my statements.  You came here to voice an opinion that has absolutely nothing to do with my complaint.  You my Friend are the one that has "poor taste and already reduces the low asteem (the word is spelled esteem, which you spelled wrong since you want to be so correct in your findings, please learn to spell) your peers have in you.  My quote was copied and pasted from a quote site.  You will find several different versions of this quote if you do a search.  Your presence here is not wanted and you really need to find something better to do then pollute boards with your worthless opinion.  I know you will write back with more worthless trash so have fun you loser, but please don't waste time and space with your meager existence on these boards.
Thank You

oh and great post, right on topic  :aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 09:30:33 PM »
OK, listen closely I'm going to teach you something.

If while riding in your pretend tank in any postion other than the drivers seat you use what ever control you use as your "rudder" control be it "A","D", or "S", the twist of the stick, or for us big boys (that our mommy's love) rudder pedals you can turn your tank just like you were in the drivers seat.

I know, as I'm sure Hitech most likely knows, that the only reason people "need" this bush problem fixed is because it is way too much trouble to gun/search, and pay attention to where you are driving, so you cry about loosing another tank to an obstacle a 5 year old can avoid.

Ok lesson over, I'm going to go have my cookies now.

oh and great post, right on topic  :aok

Still it should be fixed.  btw  dont talk about what HT knows or doesnt know, or should know.  Only he can say that.  Seen people try to fix fighters due weight being out of sinc when dropping extra tanks.  but talk about fixing gv's and that's so complicated and unfixable (made the word up?).  It is frustrated when you are not even close to the damn bushes and your tank flips.  has nothing to do with learning to drive a gv.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 11:56:34 PM »
Your presence here is not wanted
Who says yours is!  Hehe couldn't resist! :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Odyssey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 01:52:21 AM »
Guncrasher.... I agree.... it should be fixed
I doubt it will get fixed soon, but eventually.
Hitech is reasonable, unlike .. well no need to mention names...............

This is so typical to have someone always butting in with a closed mind
forcing there opinions on others as if we are listening, totally missing the
entire point to having a forum and posting.
It is very much like ch 200, blah blah blah........

It was a good post, now it is ruin.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:56:25 AM by Odyssey »

"ADMIT NOTHING, DENY EVERYTHING, MAKE COUNTER ACCUSATIONS"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 08:52:15 AM »
Guncrasher.... I agree.... it should be fixed
I doubt it will get fixed soon, but eventually.
Hitech is reasonable, unlike .. well no need to mention names...............

This is so typical to have someone always butting in with a closed mind
forcing there opinions on others as if we are listening, totally missing the
entire point to having a forum and posting.
It is very much like ch 200, blah blah blah........

It was a good post, now it is ruin.

:rofl Talk about closed minds !!!

I'm not saying what I said is true, what I'm suggesting is that it MIGHT be true. While I don't GV much each month, I've played in GVs 100's of hours over the years and I can tell you I've only been flipped a couple of times.

To me the trees are just something to make the game more fun/challenging, like running my plane to the rearm pad. I land and then I use all means to see where I'm going be it zig zag or F3, avoiding buildings and ack bunkers and finally that tank which loves to chew wings off planes to stop on the pad to rearm. I suppose I could post once a month that HTC should fix the problem with taxiing around all these objects so that I could get rearmed better, maybe just move the rearm pad to the middle of the runway, or maybe just give me a button to hit so the plane will taxi it self to the rearm pad, ya that would be cool!!  :x

See what I'm saying? Maybe the trees are there just to make it more fun/challenging.

Offline Panzerace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 09:15:07 AM »
Tanks are suppose to run over trees, planes stop when they hot a building.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 09:40:05 AM »
This is a game, different rules apply. Look at collisions. Should a tank be able to drive THROUGH another tank?  :O