Author Topic: Korea War - Plane set - New Arena?  (Read 7428 times)

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
Re: Korea War - Plane set - New Arena?
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »
Not if you model the early Sabres, then you'll have a sky full of MiGs.

ack-ack

I agree Ack-Ack If they do do a Korean War arena they should at least start with the first 3 versions of the Sabre. Correct me if im wrong but i Believe that the F-86 C i think was the best as it had the rear stabiliser wing's movable as well as elevator's on them i think. And it could and i stress could almost match the mig 15 in a climb as they uprated the engine to give more power.
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2010, 10:10:04 PM »
I agree Ack-Ack If they do do a Korean War arena they should at least start with the first 3 versions of the Sabre. Correct me if im wrong but i Believe that the F-86 C i think was the best as it had the rear stabiliser wing's movable as well as elevator's on them i think. And it could and i stress could almost match the mig 15 in a climb as they uprated the engine to give more power.

That was the E model with the "all flying tail" that gave it better performance and somewhat level the playing field but they were still hampered by their lower ceiling, it wasn't until the F-30 model with the 6-3 wing that the Sabre was finally able to reach the MiG 15 at high altitudes and out maneuver it.

If there ever was a Korean War arena, the F-86F-30 model would hopefully have a hefty perk tag to keep it from over running the arenas like the C-Hog did many years ago.  The E model would of course have a lighter perk but high enough to also keep it from over running the arenas.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2010, 12:46:53 AM »
I'd love to see it, but I'd hate to see HTC put alot of time and effort into something that is used by 20 people.

agreed  :aok

love to see it to but if it's all jet fighters it will probably go the way of ww1

i think

best of luck,

froger
frogs are people too

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #213 on: July 07, 2010, 11:09:45 AM »

it will probably go the way of ww1

i think
You mean where we have an arena  with only four planes dogfighting?  with one plane clearly superior to the other three its basically a one plane dogfighting arena.  If that's all it stays then your comment might have merit.  time will tell, but I hope HTC grows the heck out of it.  Great idea great, nuclease of a concept, but arguably not the best choice of rides for introducing a new era arena.  

Lastly, yes.  A Korea Arena is a foregone deal.  Its just a matter of time before they run out of believable things to add to WW1 and WW2 eras.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2010, 11:20:31 AM »
That was the E model with the "all flying tail" that gave it better performance and somewhat level the playing field but they were still hampered by their lower ceiling, it wasn't until the F-30 model with the 6-3 wing that the Sabre was finally able to reach the MiG 15 at high altitudes and out maneuver it.

If there ever was a Korean War arena, the F-86F-30 model would hopefully have a hefty perk tag to keep it from over running the arenas like the C-Hog did many years ago.  The E model would of course have a lighter perk but high enough to also keep it from over running the arenas.

ack-ack

Ah thanks Ack-Ack i couldnt remember American jet's im ify with but better with UK jet's  :salute  :salute :rock  :rock
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)