Author Topic: zeke fighter pilots  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: zeke fighter pilots
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
k guys, dont tell me that in all of AHII-land there are only FOUR loons who will ride the zero and fight blenders, jugs, fm-2's and f-15's?
come join the elite, the few, the proud, the IJN samurai pilots!!!

F-15s?

Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 07:13:16 PM »
That's your contribution to this topic? Back under the bridge troll, the goats are coming.

So it's not just about the sheep? 

Seriously, what's wrong with you?  These guys go out of their way to volunteer their time to make your experience better and panty bunched whine is all you can manage?  How about manning up and stop peeing in their cornflakes? 

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »
Can't register for the event. Let them know in the thread that was started asking folks to register for the event. That's peeing in cornflakes?

The other point. I build both databases and database driven web applications for a living and this scenario we have here; having one account for the game, one for the boards, another for registering for events organized for the game on these boards is the most inefficient waste of server power I've ever come across in years and years. I'm not detracting for volunteer work at all. It's the paid staff that humped the pooch on that one.

There's nothing wrong with me. Go dry hump a different ankle.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline whipster22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
just dewbing up the bbs
baby seal

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 12:06:48 AM »
The other point. I build both databases and database driven web applications for a living and this scenario we have here; having one account for the game, one for the boards, another for registering for events organized for the game on these boards is the most inefficient waste of server power I've ever come across in years and years. I'm not detracting for volunteer work at all. It's the paid staff that humped the pooch on that one.

As I mentioned, ahevents.org is a volunteer site.  There is no paid staff, and the site doesn't belong to HTC.  HTC is not going to give a volunteer site controlled by people whom they don't employ or have control over access to their user DB.  That would not only be unwise in general business terms, but it would probably violate privacy policies.

If you are willing to volunteer your time to help with the ahevents.org site, please contact forHIM and 68Lurch.  They might welcome the additional manpower.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 12:09:07 AM »
k guys, dont tell me that in all of AHII-land there are only FOUR loons who will ride the zero and fight blenders, jugs, fm-2's and f-15's?
come join the elite, the few, the proud, the IJN samurai pilots!!!

I would join you, Skribetm!  I am flying Ki-67's, though, for the Emperor.  I was -->||<-- this close to registering for Zeros, though.

The a6m5b can be an awesome plane in circumstances like we will probably find in Philippine Phandango, I think.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 12:29:56 AM »
NVM, forget it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:32:48 AM by TinmanX »
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 01:40:27 AM »
NVM, forget it.

How about contacting forHIM and 68Lurch?  If you have admin skills and can manage a Joomla site along with custom code that does things like parse event logs, manage registration, etc., that could be very useful to the guys.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 02:45:26 AM »
Because it wouldn't be appropriate to volunteer for something I no longer intend to participate in.
Aces High Films

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 03:10:27 AM »
Because it wouldn't be appropriate to volunteer for something I no longer intend to participate in.

ahevents.org isn't used just for this single scenario.  It's for all scenarios and all special events (FSO's, SEC's, Air Racing, Snapshots, King of the Hill, Heavy Metal Sundays, This Day in WWII).

It's OK, though.  Volunteering shouldn't happen because of convincing or external factors.  If it's not for you, then it's not for you, and that's OK.

I think it's unfortunate that you won't play in a scenario because of troubles with registration, though.  I hope you fly with us the next one.

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 06:27:49 AM »
F-15s?

:rofl i meant to say f-4u's but theyre just about as fast once theyre in my zero's gunsights!
ki-67s! good luck and sink em all brooke! give the yank navy another defeat as painful as the battle of savo!

tinmanx, wish you would join us.
white knuckle fights, 2 hour patrols with about 3 minutes of sheer TERROR!

MA got nothing on scenarios!

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 11:39:11 AM »
ahevents.org isn't used just for this single scenario.  It's for all scenarios and all special events (FSO's, SEC's, Air Racing, Snapshots, King of the Hill, Heavy Metal Sundays, This Day in WWII).

It's OK, though.  Volunteering shouldn't happen because of convincing or external factors.  If it's not for you, then it's not for you, and that's OK.

I think it's unfortunate that you won't play in a scenario because of troubles with registration, though.  I hope you fly with us the next one.
Perhaps I should have been more specific. I do not intend to participate in any future scenario or special event and that decision is not based upon the failure of an automated email system or the activation links it provides.
Aces High Films

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 12:46:04 PM »
Perhaps I should have been more specific. I do not intend to participate in any future scenario or special event and that decision is not based upon the failure of an automated email system or the activation links it provides.

awwwwwww c'mon!!!
we can slaughter these putrid smelling corsairs, jugs & blenders ourselves.
but we'd like to share the fun with other zero dweebs out there!
zeke dweebs FTW!

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »
     Sounds like someone got into Dad's good sake  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »
six slots still open!
for all four frames-
this squad will be right in the thick of battle!

patrolling the hotly contested visayan sea!