Author Topic: US Armed Forces Principles of War  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
Re: US Armed Forces Principles of War
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 12:21:29 PM »
I follow 2 rules of war...
1. To see my enemies driven before me
2. to hear the lamentations of the women

also decreed by Conan
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Fatboy26

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
11H got folded to 19Ds, my last top used to be a 11H
To win a war you have to kill more of their boys and break more of their toys than they yours in the most massive and horrifying manner possible.

Swahili anyone?????? :old:

Or make them think you will kill more of thier boys and break more of thier toys...ie coldwar
Proudly campaigning (screaming, whining, begging, pleading) for the addition of the Me410 to AH2

Fatboy

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 12:43:35 PM »
I follow 2 rules of war...
1. To see my enemies driven before me
2. to hear the lamentations of the women

also decreed by Conan

You forgot to crush them first.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 02:29:34 PM »
Doctrines, Principles,etc. This is a game, why complicate it?

Bustr, don't forget the Russians declaring war on Japan at the same time. It was probably a bigger concern for the Japanese leadership.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 03:16:17 PM »
Simple – Self explanatory.  I do get a kick out of this: “Everything in war is very simple, but the simple thing is difficult.”  I thought smoking weed in the military was discouraged.

Human nature is to complicate the simple. Simple is complicated because human nature is like herding cats. Very complex systems are erotic to the ego and very vulnerable to failure because of their highly distributed interdependant structures. Simple always works in a sterile sense. Dropping some number of A-Bombs on Afghanistan and Pakistan would solve the poppy and Taliban problem. If all the players on the Rooks side for three hours one evening decided to fly as a single structered super hoard, they would close down the arena.

Masters of artforms and superior generals make the execution of their craft look simple. Simple in itself is an artform requiring mastering ones own natural tendancy to be enamored of oneself and distracted by the sound and fury of existance. It would have been simple to let Patton extend WW2 to fighting the Russians. We were at full capacity in men, material, superior technology, the A-Bomb and had forces in place on both sides of the U.S.S.R. The reminants of the german and japanese forces probably could have been used to augment our forces.

See how easily I complicated things.... :)

This would look like spastic chicken if I posted it in Swahili.................
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »
Three words I live by as dictated by my MOS(13F): Suppress, Neutralize and Destroy.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 07:02:31 PM »
I was kicked out of the war for being mean. :(
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus