Author Topic: A night in the life of a vet who came back  (Read 3800 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: A night in the life of a vet who came back
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2010, 08:49:11 AM »
BS, I remember back in the day all 3 wings of the BK's on at the same time.  The GV wing would all up troops and head to a town while our bomber wings flew NOE to level the buildings given cover by the fighter wing vulching the runways.  We would take 30 or 40 bases every night and if I remember correctly, we had like 80 to 90 guys on.  Ahhhh, the good old days  :D
:lol
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2010, 02:08:38 PM »
BS, I remember back in the day all 3 wings of the BK's on at the same time.  The GV wing would all up troops and head to a town while our bomber wings flew NOE to level the buildings given cover by the fighter wing vulching the runways.  We would take 30 or 40 bases every night and if I remember correctly, we had like 80 to 90 guys on.  Ahhhh, the good old days  :D

Man, I sure do miss those good old days.  We'd shut down arena after arena with our finely honed combined ops.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
Man, I sure do miss those good old days.  We'd shut down arena after arena with our finely honed combined ops.

I miss the free Burger King you guys handed out  :D

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2010, 03:03:53 PM »
Blue arena is running one of the AH1 maps right now, it rings back memories of Ded and Levi and the other BKs rolling bases from way yonder.  Great furballs on that map last night.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »

Thats when HT came up with the Pizza map so the arenas would not reset every hour.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »
Man, I sure do miss those good old days.  We'd shut down arena after arena with our finely honed combined ops.

Levi, you still playing WoW? You ever going to come back to Aces High, even if it's just for one sortie?

<S>

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2010, 04:23:35 PM »
Levi, you still playing WoW? You ever going to come back to Aces High, even if it's just for one sortie?

<S>

Heya, Kazaa!  <S>  I'm still playing WoW, though I've been taking it very casually during the summer.

Dunno about returning to Aces High.  I can assure you that the level of rust I'd have would make even rank noobs cringe.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:40:20 PM by Dead Man Flying »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »
I can assure you that the level of rust I'd have would make even rank noobs cringe.

As I said, like the good old days.  No wonder you were assigned to bomber wing
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2010, 07:27:38 PM »
Ya well I was grounded for two years My Ded Head :)

good to see you're still here
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »
Heya, Kazaa!  <S>  I'm still playing WoW, though I've been taking it very casually during the summer.

Dunno about returning to Aces High.  I can assure you that the level of rust I'd have would make even rank noobs cringe.

You need to get back into the pilots seat Levi, the adrenaline of perfectly timed reversal will be enough to break your years of WoW addiction and never ending pursuit for obtaining the best gear. I'm speaking from experience.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:59:46 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2010, 02:33:16 PM »
You need to get back into the pilots seat Levi, the adrenaline of perfectly timed reversal will be enough to break your years of WoW addiction and never ending pursuit for obtaining the best gear. I'm speaking from experience.

I tried the WoW couldnt get into it, had big hopes for Conan, that was a flop, so now I am banging away at Fallout 3.
 trying my hand at modeling, that is not easy stuff to do. :O