Author Topic: Still like the changes?  (Read 6412 times)

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
Still like the changes?
« on: July 08, 2010, 09:29:56 AM »
 With the addition of the recent radar changes I have noticed a BIG change in gameplay.

Just wanted to find out what everyone else thinks about the difference with the addition of the increased dar range, and the lower noe.

How has it affected the game, what you like about it,and what you don't.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: Still like the changes?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 10:04:32 AM »
  It makes it easier to locate the cons coming into a base until they take down the dar. And often you must take down several bases dar as they overlap.
   :( They have way too much time now to intercept my bombers coming in.
    :rolleyes: It has also screwed up my estimating how far away a base is as I used to guage it by the old dar ring.

In conclusion I do like it but has it made large Hordes the norm as small NOE's are no longer favored?
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »
I like it, reminds me more of the earlier years of Aces High when people flew against each other instead of against targets on the ground.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 10:06:36 AM »
I've been on maybe 4 times since it started, what's the big difference you have noticed? Only thing I have noticed is I've been able to find CV hunting Buffs on the deck easier. still saw massive noe raids the second time i logged on, but they came from over water.

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 10:45:59 AM »
I like it, reminds me more of the earlier years of Aces High when people flew against each other instead of against targets on the ground.

I have noticed MORE ground targeting,namely pork runs, and a reduction in bomber raids....lot of jabo stuff.....which i like. as far as people fighting each other...The alt monkeys have been brought down a tad, and the furballs are bigger since most of it is on the deck. Hoards are definitely bigger!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:44 AM »
I have spent more time in an A-8 taking out radars. 

The increased radar coverage makes it just as easy to avoid a fight as to find one.  Finding a single dot is easier.  But it is still a single dot.

Still getting used to playing the "who can get higher" game.  High altitude combat is not a bad thing in itself.  Making a turn or two in a P-51, then diving/running to the deck gets dull.  This is nothing new.  It seems more prevalent now.

Overall, my opinion of the change is neutral. 
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 11:24:26 AM »
Perhaps, new radar settings give a bit more changes to track-ir ppl during noe missions.

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 11:27:41 AM »
Honestly I though NOE missons we good in the sense that if it failed it usually started a good furball.

Radar coverage is nice too, I can spend more time doing CAP over an island or group of bases for people trying to pork.
Strokes

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 12:10:18 PM »
Still loving the changes myself, although I'm with Slate on how it has messed with my perception of distance. That should equalize once I get used to it though.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 12:12:28 PM »
Radar coverage (coupled with 65ft dot alt, which makes enemies visible as soon as they lift off the runway) is a  gamebreaker for me

Maybe I have finally to join a squad and go with the horde...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 12:14:47 PM »
Apart from intercepting a few more jabo runs and not seeing much noe missions, I haven't noticed any great differences. All in all a good change in my mind.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 12:43:15 PM »
Honestly I though NOE missons we good in the sense that if it failed it usually started a good furball.

Radar coverage is nice too, I can spend more time doing CAP over an island or group of bases for people trying to pork.

Strokes,
  Good point on the NOE thing.....I noticed some fairly good fights coming out of base defense, they still have some now, but it is all early upper stuff. as far as noe, it still is easy to do over water but i used to love following the terrain and zig zaging between hills and such. now i zig when i should have zagged...........oh well :eek:

Spending time capping a base waiting around for a single con who will probably run..........eh boring for me.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »
Seems like a lot more radar porking than before as a by product of the change.  I'm all for extending the flashing base range but dropping dar down so low seems punitive to the use of tactics without addressing the core problem of hordes.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 01:03:42 PM »
Keep the dar at 12 or at least 16 miles, but increase warning range to 20.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 01:09:56 PM »
I'm all for extending the flashing base range but dropping dar down so low seems punitive to the use of tactics without addressing the core problem of hordes.

random AA batteries with a mix of puffy and smaller guns set around bases for the large noes to fly over? Maybe a set in a ring 9 miles from base and another ring 5 miles out, would add more targets for Jabo nuts.