Author Topic: Still like the changes?  (Read 6343 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Still like the changes?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 03:28:50 PM »
My perfect setup would be to keep the dar rings their current size but give the NOE guys 100' instead of 65'.  More of a happy medium for all gameplay types imo.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 03:31:10 PM »
My perfect setup would be to keep the dar rings their current size but give the NOE guys 100' instead of 65'.  More of a happy medium for all gameplay types imo.

Can I talk you into 16 instead of 20 to open a few gaps (does nobody remember we always had darbar?) and to prevent Vbases in the next sector scanning the runway?  :pray  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 03:38:57 PM »
I like it the way it is. No troubles finding fights, I can be more selective as to which fights I want to be in. Also when flying a buff I've seen more bad guys try to take me done so I'm even getting good fights there.

Given time the squads will figure out how to USE the radar to split forces by attacking bases from different sides at the same time, or splitting the mission when the defenders show giving them a choice of which group to follow.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 03:44:45 PM »
I think the radar height should be at at least 100. NOE missions can be done and are fun at times. Now I notice that the big horde is the norm. Why even keep the radar? You can see everyone in the arena now with the overlap the way it is. I am not trying to take away from the guys that enjoy the furball. I am just a player who does not. I enjoyed playing the game the way I play it the old way. That being said, I have adjusted and started changing my game play to suit the new settings. I do miss going on those long range bomber missions avoiding radar deep into enemy territory.  I used to play the game every night. Now, I am not playing as much. This tells me that I probably don't enjoy the game as much. Some guys like the big fights and furballs which is fine. I really enjoy the stealthy aspects of the game sneaking and surprising. If they at least took the radar coverage up to 100' and made some separation between radar rings, maybe that stealth and surprise aspect would be enjoyed again.  My rating= Thumbs Down on the recent changes. Just a loyal Aces High players humble opinion.. :salute :salute :salute
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:10:20 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 03:45:48 PM »
Snailman I really think the best balance would be for the maps to be redone with the fields farther apart. That way there would be some gaps in the radar, but still offer the better early warning the 20 mile radar rings provide.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 03:49:50 PM »
Snailman I really think the best balance would be for the maps to be redone with the fields farther apart. That way there would be some gaps in the radar, but still offer the better early warning the 20 mile radar rings provide.

I doubt the additional flight time would be any popular. Also that would mean completely new maps, which is just not going to happen (Also, there would be much less bases at all particularly on small maps)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 03:50:46 PM »
I like the old dar rings better.  They did leave a little mystery.  I fly solo and now the bad guy welcoming comittees seem to be bigger.  I would prefer to have the old rings back, only make the towers much harder to kill (1000lbs), in conjunction with the base flashing before the cons enter the dar ring.  And bump up the noe level to 100' as others have said.  When the red guys pork ords, I like to bring in something from the next base noe to clobber the defenseless tanks that are killing defenseless town buildings.  :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 04:08:49 PM »
I have found it to be no different at least when I am on. Noes still come as before may be even slightly larger?

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »

As previously stated, the extra flight time to bases could become a little boring.....and if you do push them further back the alt monkeys will be happy!  we need a happy medium please :pray

Also the one thing this was intended to do away with was the horde.............they ARE bigger now....... and that is because instead of 6-8 to take a base its now 16-18 so to speak. of course this will vary with the level of experiance of the horde
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:15:12 PM by groundfeeder »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 04:14:55 PM »
As previously stated, the extra flight time to bases could become a little boring.....and if you do push them further back the alt monkeys will be happy!  we need a happy medium please :pray
Uh :headscratch: who's happy medium do we choose? That is the problem.

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 04:16:46 PM »
Can I talk you into 16 instead of 20 to open a few gaps (does nobody remember we always had darbar?) and to prevent Vbases in the next sector scanning the runway?  :pray  ;)

I am with ya lusche :pray

I have found it to be no different at least when I am on. Noes still come as before may be even slightly larger?

Yea.I havent seen anything change as far as mission sizes..

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »
Uh :headscratch: who's happy medium do we choose? That is the problem.

Well said. There is the problem in a nutshell.... :salute :salute :devil

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 04:25:03 PM »
  :aok This would help the I want to be stealthy killing buildings but not auger crew alittle!  :D
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010, 04:31:29 PM »
I have no dog in this fight, but if Lusche is getting frustrated, and due to his history of being very level headed and fair in all things AH IMHO ... I would agree with him.

I think that the dar range should be set back to its original coverage area, and the ceiling for NOE should be moved up to 100 ft.

I can understand HT's reasoning for changing the NOE ceiling, but never really understood the reason for the dar range change. I would much rather deal with a shorter dar range than to have fields moved farther apart to create blind spots. I think blind spots are a necessity in this game, and as someone posted before, I loved to try and determine where in the blind spot the bad guys were flying ... cat and mouse can be fun.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 04:33:59 PM »
Also the one thing this was intended to do away with was the horde.............they ARE bigger now....... and that is because instead of 6-8 to take a base its now 16-18 so to speak. of course this will vary with the level of experiance of the horde
I thought it was to help defenders of said base horders. It was put in place because of the abuse IMO. Ilike seeing the noe horde come in just cant kill all the lemmings all the time. ;)       Don't get me wrong sky25  I too was noob and enjoyed base taking noes. You can still do it just up 65 ft. now.

Yet I grew bored after awhile and said what can I do more interesting in this game? I've seen 5 organized guys take a base faster than 20 tards waiting for a vulch on the runway before. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:44:43 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins