Author Topic: Still like the changes?  (Read 6405 times)

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: Still like the changes?
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2010, 03:52:24 PM »
this thread reminds me of

for some real odd reason.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2010, 04:00:57 PM »
I have to throw a hyperbole flag on this one ...
The general is a general because he can throw every last one of those lives away because that is a soldiers part of the war process. War eventually comes down to men throwing their lives away in combat in the hope it matters.
That's not what Patton said.  Something about making the other poor dumb SOB give his life for his country.

Generals do not attain rank or the loyalty of their forces by "throwing their lives away."  No one volunteers for the military with the goal of dying in combat.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
I have no dog in this fight, but if Lusche is getting frustrated, and due to his history of being very level headed and fair in all things AH IMHO ... I would agree with him.

I think that the dar range should be set back to its original coverage area, and the ceiling for NOE should be moved up to 100 ft.

I can understand HT's reasoning for changing the NOE ceiling, but never really understood the reason for the dar range change. I would much rather deal with a shorter dar range than to have fields moved farther apart to create blind spots. I think blind spots are a necessity in this game, and as someone posted before, I loved to try and determine where in the blind spot the bad guys were flying ... cat and mouse can be fun.

:airplane: +1
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2010, 05:29:52 PM »
yeah, like anybody is gonna believe THAT happened.

Unless of course you forgot to add the word "undefended" in that sentence in which case everyone will go "Ahh, ok I buy that then".

Face it Loki, y'all have a reputation and it ain't a good one.

I only use the 800 round loadout when I fly it.

Does that make it less dweeby?   :neener:

I just checked the stats. The squad you seem to loath for some personal reason (which is kind of strange considering this is only a game) has 888 kills and got killed 1530 times taking 31 of those undefended bases you talked about. This in the last 10 days. How do you kill 888 players and get killed 1530 times taking undefended bases in 10 days? Last tour they got 3622 kills taking 127 undefended bases. Does this squad have some special gift by getting free kills every time they take a base? This squad isnt the best in the game. But they have a good time together playing the game the way they like to play it. After all isnt this  what game playing is all about?

Maybe there are squads in this game who enjoy playing the game they want to play. Yet people like you seem determined to force them to play it your way.

You talked about reputation. I would counter that your postings about other squads and players isn't helping your reputation very much.

If your going to make statements, at least make truthful statements. If this game is so important to you that you have to tell untruthful statements and insult other players to feel good about yourself, maybe you should take a break from the game. Because clearly there are more important real life things to worry about.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:00:04 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2010, 05:32:33 PM »
I've flown the Nik now for a good 6-7yrs as a "main" ride.   I also tend to have kills in 20+ diff planes each tour.

The Nik isn't what I would call a "uber" ride.   (like it used to be back in AH1)

It's two main points are it's ammo load and 4 cannons.

Slow.

Mediocre climb (but good nose up in a fight)

Average roll.

Good turn but outclassed in a turn by many, many rides.

Not quite sure what your point is.

I find several other rides much easier to get kills in,  (F4U, Spit, etc) but the niki's combination of legs, ord, ammo (top 10 town killer, great deacker, etc) suits my flying and fighting style the most.

If after 7 years of flying the N1k you haven't discovered that it is easy-mode, than no ammount of explaining will help you understand my point.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2010, 05:43:59 PM »
Yea WMLute, I just checked the stats. The squad you seem to loath for some personal reason (which is kind of strange considering this is only a game) has 888 kills and got killed 1530 times taking 31 of those undefended bases you talked about. This in the last 10 days. How do you kill 888 players and get killed 1530 times taking undefended bases? Last tour they got 3622 kills taking 127 undefended bases. Does this squad have some special gift by getting free kills every time they take a base? This squad isnt the best in the game. But they have a good time together playing the game the way they like to play it. After all isnt this  what game playing is all about?

Maybe there are squads in this game who enjoy playing the game they want to play. Yet people like you seem determined to force them to play it your way.

You talked about reputation. I would counter that your postings about other squads and players isn't helping your reputation very much.

If your going to make statements, at least make truthful statements.

when you play 24/7(literally), I'd figure you would get that many kills.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2010, 05:50:42 PM »
I only use the 800 round loadout when I fly it.

Does that make it less dweeby?   :neener:
Hmm....nope not one bit! :P You get the point though. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2010, 05:53:18 PM »
when you play 24/7(literally), I'd figure you would get that many kills.

I play at the most an hour or two at night during the week, and a few more hours on the weekend. Actually we do have real life jobs to attend ever day. The kill amounts or death amounts were not the point. My point was that all of those undefended bases Lute said we took actually were defended and since the radar changes defended well.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 05:59:00 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »
I just checked the stats. The squad you seem to loath for some personal reason (which is kind of strange considering this is only a game) has 888 kills and got killed 1530 times taking 31 of those undefended bases you talked about. This in the last 10 days. How do you kill 888 players and get killed 1530 times taking undefended bases in 10 days? Last tour they got 3622 kills taking 127 undefended bases. Does this squad have some special gift by getting free kills every time they take a base? This squad isnt the best in the game. But they have a good time together playing the game the way they like to play it. After all isnt this  what game playing is all about?

If your going to make statements, at least make truthful statements. If this game is so important to you that you have to tell untruthful statements and insult other players to feel good about yourself, maybe you should take a break from the game. Because clearly there are more important real life things to worry about.
  Maybe they just aren't very good at taking undefended bases.................or tall trees  :D

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2010, 10:04:59 PM »
 Maybe they just aren't very good at taking undefended bases.................or tall trees  :D

Damn trees!!

I hear that they're 66 feet tall now!! :O
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:07:00 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2010, 10:14:18 PM »
this thread reminds me of

(Image removed from quote.)

for some real odd reason.

I would be concerned if I saw your desktop icons plastered over that pic. :lol

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2010, 12:08:37 AM »
So a player who likes to takes bases, but wants there to be a fight involved, is a furballer who in groudfeeders book should go to the DA for that?

Did I understand that post correctly?
You and bustr have one thing in common................dweebs. .......yeah there you are..you hide in a furball....and you pick.thats combat.let me guess b&z ers, wow ya know what...we have all seen your types.......get a few kills run like a scared girl towards home!!!!! you really wanna know who the real warriors are?... the greenie who ups and gets shot down...again....and again..why .he just wants to smoke YOU!!!.thats a warrior.....not the dork who picks and runs...oh yeah ya do it..i know...both of ya

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2010, 12:23:35 AM »
You and bustr have one thing in common................dweebs. .......yeah there you are..you hide in a furball....and you pick.thats combat.let me guess b&z ers, wow ya know what...we have all seen your types.......get a few kills run like a scared girl towards home!!!!! you really wanna know who the real warriors are?... the greenie who ups and gets shot down...again....and again..why .he just wants to smoke YOU!!!.thats a warrior.....not the dork who picks and runs...oh yeah ya do it..i know...both of ya

Fought them both many times and I've never seen this. Always good fights. Both of them.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2010, 02:35:49 AM »

Doesn't describe me at all.
(not even close)

If anything, your post shows me how little you know of the game and the players in it.

You didn't answer my question though.

If a player likes to have to fight enemy to capture a field, are they furballers?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2010, 06:42:25 AM »
I can honestly say I've never seen Lute or Buster run - I've tried (and failed) to beat most of the top players in this game - and yes, there are some that fly smart, some that fly in and kill everything that is there, wait around, kill some more and rtb, and those that stay until they die.

Buster/Lute are generally in the 2nd group - and are my favourite type to fight against. Do I often win - no, do I have fun, hell yes.

Groundpounder, you are so way off the mark here its not even funny.

Not ankle humping, not blatant admiration, just my opinion and the way I see them play virtually every time I'm lucky enough to run across them (not being on US prime time and all that)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.