Author Topic: Still like the changes?  (Read 6336 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Still like the changes?
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2010, 07:01:18 AM »
I like how new tactics are be used finally, was getting quite old with only huge buff missions and NOE missions all the time.

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2010, 09:07:12 AM »
Flew again yesterday, and I have to say, Yes, I definitely like the new changes.   Yesterday mid afternoon EST it was a little harder to find a fight than on Friday night (other than the huge furball at the top of the map that we were playing on, which I avoided for the most part) as there was enough activity to keep me engaged elsewhere on the map for the 3 or 4 sorties I had time for.

While it's been more the case that time constraints have kept me from flying than it was that my interest in the game was lagging, struggling to find a reasonable place to engage if I do have only time for one sortie made it more aggravation than it was worth much of the time.

I no longer feel as though that is a constraint.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2010, 01:23:28 AM »
NOPE
frogs are people too

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2010, 09:00:50 AM »
seems better overall.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2010, 11:49:35 AM »
I like how new tactics are be used finally, was getting quite old with only huge buff missions and NOE missions all the time.

:salute

Roger that.  So far so good.   :aok
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2010, 12:27:59 PM »

You didn't answer my question though

If a player likes to have to fight enemy to capture a field, are they furballers?

:::::::::raising hand::::::::: (in a Arnold Horshack Voice)  Ohhh Ohhh Ohhh i know, No your not a furballer, Actually your just a player having fun  :aok ( well i hope you are) isn't that what this game is about? I've been around long enough now and have seen this game go thru cycles, the only thing that hasn't changed is the stupid classifications that people are put into with reguards to how they play( Noe's,The Horde©, Alt monkeys, bomb****s, milkrunners, furrballers, Spawncampers) I'm sure theres more but you get my meaning, without all of these "clicks" the game would not exist.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2010, 02:23:44 PM »
I like it more now.  I think it is more realistic.  I think it is more fun.  I think it is less frustrating. 

Yesterday our squad practiced killing and capturing a base.  We have generally, mostly run fighter sweeps in the past so we are all learining the nuances for base taking.  I was first to the base and flew NOE in a 110 to take out the dar, then go pound the city as my buddies arrived.  Noe was challenging but certainly not impossible, and it was fun.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2010, 02:32:08 PM »
I like it, reminds me more of the earlier years of Aces High when people flew against each other instead of against targets on the ground.

Yup.... amazing how many folks come to a game called aces high to play ground games.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »
Yup.... amazing how many folks come to a game called aces high to play ground games.
methinks HTC really needs to reconsider the name.  Perhaps "World at War" would be a more fitting title :bolt:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2010, 02:50:08 PM »
methinks HTC really needs to reconsider the name.  Perhaps "World at War" would be a more fitting title :bolt:

Nope... now go sit in the corner till you can play nice.   :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
I'm missing the NOE's.....They were my source of entertainment...and frustration...I used to scour the map for a flashing base with nothing showing and have a look for the incoming NOE just to put a thorn in their side..sure there are still a few here and there..I have noted that some NOE's are tricky..having a couple of guys above the dar and when you meet them..whhooaaa...look at that 15-20 planes skimmin the water..big gulp and dive on in ....But I have also found the fights harder to find...people seem more reluctant to engage and actually change direction before in icon range to avoid a fight....Maybe I just need to fly a faster plane and run them down now
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 03:12:58 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »

Before the changes I had taken to calling it Aces Hide. But now it is more Aces Can't fly past the edge of the radar coverage. That isn't nearly as catchy but my experience Sunday night was the following.

We would up, just a few of us, and fly to the enemy field and shoot down some planes. I won't fly in ack so we lurk a few miles away and eventually enemy aircraft will start to pour into the area from nearby fields. We would fight until we start getting low on fuel then we would do our standard egress under pressure.

As soon as we hit the edge of friendly radar coverage it acted like a great force field repelling all enemy fighters.

Made the egress pretty easy.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »
I'm still enjoying the changes.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »
Before the changes I had taken to calling it Aces Hide. But now it is more Aces Can't fly past the edge of the radar coverage. That isn't nearly as catchy but my experience Sunday night was the following.

We would up, just a few of us, and fly to the enemy field and shoot down some planes. I won't fly in ack so we lurk a few miles away and eventually enemy aircraft will start to pour into the area from nearby fields. We would fight until we start getting low on fuel then we would do our standard egress under pressure.

As soon as we hit the edge of friendly radar coverage it acted like a great force field repelling all enemy fighters.

Made the egress pretty easy.

A few of us did the same thing Saturday, but the Bish got tired of us shooting them down so they called in the HORDE and followed us all the way back to our base pounding the crap out of us till they were all dead...... then they moved on someplace else  :rolleyes:

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2010, 04:34:44 PM »
A few of us did the same thing Saturday, but the Bish got tired of us shooting them down so they called in the HORDE and followed us all the way back to our base pounding the crap out of us till they were all dead...... then they moved on someplace else  :rolleyes:

some will never learn....don't poke at a beehive... :lol :lol :lol