Author Topic: P38 elevator bug  (Read 634 times)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
P38 elevator bug
« on: July 11, 2010, 11:32:18 PM »
In both the P-38J and L (Not sure about the G) have an issue in that if your elevator is hit and only one side is destroyed, it shows as Elevator on the damage list. There are two parts to the elevator at least in the damage sense yet it never distinguishes the difference, nor does it change when the whole thing goes... not sure if this is a bug, or an over sight.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: P38 elevator bug
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:55:53 AM »
There is only one elevator on the P38's.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 10:17:30 AM »
then please do explain how it can be only half damaged. Elevator under the damaged column means not there anymore. Will search through my vids when I get home for a couple of examples. Only half of the elevator in the rear moves, the thing is under the damaged column. So either I have a kick arse 38 bug, or it's an oversight... or it's the only item in the game that shows up when it gets a little hurt...
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »
There is only one elevator, but when the damage model to the horizontal stabilizers were changed to allow one or the other to be hit it also became possible for the 38 to lose one or "half" of it's elevator/horizontal stab.  Since my 38 is getting shot all the time I'll see if I can grab a picture next time it happens.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 12:53:14 AM »
There is only one elevator, but when the damage model to the horizontal stabilizers were changed to allow one or the other to be hit it also became possible for the 38 to lose one or "half" of it's elevator/horizontal stab.  Since my 38 is getting shot all the time I'll see if I can grab a picture next time it happens.

I know this is old, but between loosing everything on my old hard drive, and reporducing the damage I reported, it's taken a bit. I have a video, but I am stupid when it comes to either A: taking a single screen, or B: reducing the clutter of the film so only the prudent information is there. If you'd like I could just send the film directly to you. Please let me know!

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »
Here ya go Seph.

Damage listing said "elevator", nasty N1K2 Ho.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 09:44:04 PM »
I now there's only one stabilizer between those struts, and only 1 elevator on it, but the way I saw it was that it's representing blowing HALF of it off... Makes it an even footing with other planes that can take partial damage and limp away.

I thought it was a concious choice, rather than an oversight on HTC's part.

EDIT: I've also (recently) seen a P-38 damaged and still manuvering with only half of the stab in place (starboard side if I recall) with elevator on it, port elevator and port stab missing. This was during the scenario frame 1.