Author Topic: Customer Suggestions Unwanted  (Read 4089 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: Customer Suggestions Unwanted
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »
Is that Ace's on one and High on the other, Or Ace's High on each one?

HiTech
Hmmm lets talk business.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 02:40:25 PM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 02:46:59 PM »

ill tattoo "Ace's High" on my butt cheeks and run through the streets of atlanta if you pay me :D

Im probably gonna need the money for bail. :(
[/quote]

I'd better get one then the girlfriend says i spend more time playing Ace's High II than i do with Her lol She say's she cant compete with my love for Ace's High II lol  :lol  :rofl  :joystick: :joystick:
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »
I believe HTC does listen to the customer base that takes the time to post reasonable requests and concerns on these boards. As Raptor said, the Sherman tanks, planes and even WW1. They asked what everyone thought about that arena here and in the game inself via MOTD if I remember correctly.

As far as the complaints about arena cap, HiTech himself has explained why he feels that's needed. What more does the man have to do to make himself clear on that? I'm sure if there was another option that would make everyone happy, HTC would be all over it.  I truly believe the crew at HTC are doing the very best possible to see that they gain new customers while keeping the old ones interested as well. There is not one business out there that can make every single customer happy all the time. It's just impossible. But I think as a whole they do a outstanding job. This is why I pay my 15 bucks every month whether I intend to play that tour or not. I guess I'm lucky in the sense that from day 1 for me, my plane of choice has been in the game and I really don't have to ask for a lot to keep me happy.  
I for one, am a very satisfied customer. I've seen much change in the game since AH1, and it's been all good IMO. I plan on being a paying subscriber for a very long time.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 03:01:20 PM »
Would it really hurt Hitech to send a email receipt when they collect your money each month.

Because no other MMO (either P2P for F2P) does it and it's an added expense when you get the "reciept" in your monthly bank or credit card statement anyway.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2010, 03:04:16 PM »
This stuff always fascinates me, leaving the rest of it aside the on site SEO for the website is very marginal. Only ranking I saw (brief run through with one diagnostic toolset) is 16 for WW2 flight Sim. A few fundamental changes would easily put it in the top 10 for that term inside 30 days without any alteration in what you see. Overall domain authority (or domain trust if that floats your boat) is OK but could be raised an order of magnitude in 90 days or so. I'd guess some significant canonical issues exist from the little I saw...again not real hard to correct.

However this has nothing to do with any "100.00 bucks into a more modern search engine friendly design" since there is no such thing. Search engine ranking is a function of design structure and content and you won't fing anyone decent for less then $100 an hour (and that would be dirt cheap). Since 90% of website designers are totally clueless most stuff (even today) is built wrong going out the door. Many companies spend thousands of dollars on websites every day and then double or triple that trying to get any meaningful traffic.

I'll assume that there is a considered strategy that measures anticipated ROI and determines where the $$$ are best spent. At the same time wouldn't hurt to make a few basic changes to your underlying HTML...happy to give you a heads up on the basic fundamental changes that would help if you want them :salute (just drop me a PM)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »
If HTC had advertisments on Facebook or Twitter, then they might get more publicity and maybe more players.
I actualy tell all my fb friends and even have a link to Aces high. I think we as a whole could also advertise . I do this cause I love the game. Im not arguing just saying !  :salute
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2010, 03:07:44 PM »
Bigger is not always better. Would you really want 1500 more 10-15 year olds playing? Not me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:09:22 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2010, 03:11:50 PM »
In HTC's defense, they have addressed a lot of the ideas.  I've been on the forums for ~2 years and I rarely see a new wish or idea anymore.

I'm sure they did and should have not insinuated that they did not I like to clarify.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2010, 03:15:44 PM »
I just saw this yesterday.

http://blogmaverick.com/2010/04/06/why-you-should-never-listen-to-your-customers/

I always try give the customer what they want, not what they ask for, because very rarely are they the same thing.

Gents how I run my business is really out of bounds for discussion. Most advertising suggests are way off base and even in this thread the statement we have stopped advertising is completely false. We spend the same amount on advertising as we have been for the past few years.

HiTech

How did you find the time to do research while your at the track. Oh yeah, multi-tasking  :D

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 03:47:28 PM »
Has anybody else noticed that the people who come forward with the ideas about marketing and how to grow the company tend to be some of the most obnoxious and hostilely worded posts?  I know it sure makes me want to listen to them on how to market, since they're so obviously brilliant at selling us their ideas.

By the quality of the suggestions the OP has put forth, I'm pretty happy that HTC hasn't asked him his opinion on how to run the company.  I've seen HTC respond to many well thought out ideas on the forums.  I've also seen a lot of dreck presented as the idea that will save the game.  I'm glad to see HTC doesn't blindly cave to the squeakiest wheels as a general rule of thumb.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 03:53:18 PM »
I have had a subscription to Aces High for well over five years.

I doubt this.  Each of the questions you ask has been answered repeatedly and ad nauseum on these boards over the past five years; indeed, most have them have been re-hashed within the past six months (or less).  If you're simply using this "ask the customer what s/he wants" theme as a disguise to go over them all again....please just don't.

- oldman

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »
What does it mean  double what we use?

HiTech

Hemorrhoid cream would be my guess...from all us a-holes in here :rofl

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »
It's not your business so why do you care what HiTech does with regards to advertising?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:58:17 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2010, 03:57:15 PM »
After five years dozens of updates and few changes here is what I would suggest:

• What is with the WW1 arenas? I am sure a lot of work went into it, but its an obvious strike out.

shows how much you have paid attention to these messageboards if you have been here "5" years playing & reading

one fact about the WWI arenas and reason of building them , is they are an open public test bed, that HTC ( Aces high ) has given the community to play in while they test and inject new things for all arenas....

so it is very obvious that it is a WIN, WIN for everyone.......

before going off on how HTC runs things and offers different game play options, I first suggest you do some research on every subject you have listed in your list...... you just might find that everything you have listed and your theorys or results of such items listed is actually the exact opposite and is a good thing....

:cheers:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC