Author Topic: Customer Suggestions Unwanted  (Read 4168 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Customer Suggestions Unwanted
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »
I just saw this yesterday.

http://blogmaverick.com/2010/04/06/why-you-should-never-listen-to-your-customers/

I always try give the customer what they want, not what they ask for, because very rarely are they the same thing.

Gents how I run my business is really out of bounds for discussion. Most advertising suggests are way off base and even in this thread the statement we have stopped advertising is completely false. We spend the same amount on advertising as we have been for the past few years.

HiTech

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »
 :lol  Yep, that's what he said.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 01:58:23 PM »
Think on it it's bound to be like any other company out there that starts up.

You start small and as you grow in size the one thing you have to do is employ more people to help run the business and take over some of the work load.

I mean the team of people who worked on developing Microsoft combat flight simulator was probally 30 time's bigger than the gut's at HTC. And a growing company adds to staffing that adds to needing more cash for wage's ( and where they going to get that from untill player number's grow from us by raising the subscription fee wich will couse them a lot of hassel with present player's ) thus if the amount of player's they have at the moment  may just be enough to cover for what they give us and a little extra left over for pocket money ( weekly wages ) for themselves. we don't know anything of how hitech runs his company.And at the end of the day its up to him for example if he wants to run it into the ground ( never happen like ) he can its his company. If you would like to be informed at all time's ask HTC to start a monthly news letter so you can get it in the post once a month and it tells you their plans for the next month and whatever else they plan to do.

Oh and Hitech charge an extra $2 for the replenishment of your paper supply and world wide postage  :lol

Oh and he and the rest of the team maynot listen to us as much any more because from personnel experience we mainly get our IDEA'S and wishes at the weekend so they probally think HHHMMMM he / she has had a few to drink tonight/lastnight. :lol

just my 2 cents.

Brilliant Game you keeping combat sims alive here  :aok :aok
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:10:23 PM by BulletVI »
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »
I own a internet service that is a provider which use at least double of what HITECH uses

What does it mean  double what we use?

HiTech

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 02:03:36 PM »
My wish as a client is that HTC acknowledges peoples threads and at least reply to each idea.

I do run a business of 40+ people and I know that my statement I just made is just impossible to do.  So I think I might understand where HTC is coming from, especially from a small operation where many hats have to be worn and other things come into play besides the operation.

But I still like the game.  :joystick:
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »
My wish as a client is that HTC acknowledges peoples threads and at least reply to each idea.

I do run a business of 40+ people and I know that my statement I just made is just impossible to do.  So I think I might understand where HTC is coming from, especially from a small operation where many hats have to be worn and other things come into play besides the operation.

But I still like the game.  :joystick:

In HTC's defense, they have addressed a lot of the ideas.  I've been on the forums for ~2 years and I rarely see a new wish or idea anymore.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 02:09:57 PM »
                          (Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)                       

LMAO
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 02:12:43 PM »
I think its clear that HTC could increase subscriber numbers quite easily, and in fact I've posted about it myself before.
A mass market version of the game would require some serious concessions on the realism front.  I perceive the folks in this game to be pretty savvy with regards to WWII aircraft.  

:salute from a fellow Boilermaker.

I don't remember exactly how HiTech worded it but something along the lines of "sometimes what a player thinks he wants, isn't always what the player really wants."  
The first is that the feedback they got would mostly like be selfish in nature, people want what's good for them, HTC is concerned with the group as a whole.
Ask ten people, and you'll get ten different opinions.  You can't please all of the people all of the time.  What out, you might get what you're after.  And a few other cliches.

I'll stop short of putting HiTech on a pedestal, but I will keep sending my $15.  

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:20:47 PM by RufusLeaking »
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »
I just saw this yesterday.

http://blogmaverick.com/2010/04/06/why-you-should-never-listen-to-your-customers/

I always try give the customer what they want, not what they ask for, because very rarely are they the same thing.

Gents how I run my business is really out of bounds for discussion. Most advertising suggests are way off base and even in this thread the statement we have stopped advertising is completely false. We spend the same amount on advertising as we have been for the past few years.

HiTech

ill tattoo "Ace's High" on my butt cheeks and run through the streets of atlanta if you pay me :D

Im probably gonna need the money for bail. :(
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 02:21:14 PM »
Don't expect HTC to let the inmates run the asylum.

They have a "Wishlist" forum where you can post ideas. If you have some. Post them!

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." (Winston Churchill)
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 02:28:33 PM »
ill tattoo "Ace's High" on my butt cheeks and run through the streets of atlanta if you pay me :D

Don't you worry about bail. I got ya covered.  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 02:29:23 PM »
If this mental image doesn't discourage one from listening to all customer suggestions, nothing will.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 02:33:47 PM »

Is that Ace's on one and High on the other, Or Ace's High on each one?

HiTech

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 02:34:02 PM »

ATLANTA!?!, ur crazy, try in wisconsin or south dakota alittle more friendly enviroment. If u guys read up a bit more u wud see that there was a post here in the forums about expanding ACES HIGH. READ TO ACHIEVE. <yet i cant post videos, i know ima dufus>. BUt somewhere theres a post about expanding, with the eastern world wud be awesome!. <S> greeny
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 02:35:10 PM »

wheres the bullseye gonna be  Hahahahahaa  :rofl :rofl
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch