Author Topic: need brave young men for VC-81  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
need brave young men for VC-81
« on: July 14, 2010, 07:55:55 PM »
Hello all <S>

as you know, Phillipine Phandango is only a month away, and (while i havn't checked the roster in a week) am falling short on numbers in VC-81. Gents, the FM2, while some may deem it "worthless", is an incredible aircraft to fly, especially against Japanese opposition. it is incredibly manuverable, sturdy, can absorb a great deal of punishment, and the 4x .50 cals can do a lot of damage. I, myself am a great leadr, and not a bad flyer in this wonderful bird.

to my knowledge, i have 5 slots left, and i promise anyone who joins up will have a blast flying the FM2

Thank you  :salute
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Re: need brave young men for VC-81
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »
Hey Wildcat, try posting in the AH General Discussion as some of your cohorts are as well.  We want all seats to fill, on both sides!    :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:00:52 PM »
Yep -- the FM-2 is a very nice plane.  Highly maneuverable *and* sturdy.

What's more, brave US pilots flew this plane in the Philippines battles that are the subject of the scenario, off the CVE's in the area.  This is what *they* flew, and they got the job done.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 08:16:03 AM »
is this a one time deal or is this for all scenarios. I am not required to leave my Main Area squad am I ?
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 09:27:11 AM »
is this a one time deal or is this for all scenarios. I am not required to leave my Main Area squad am I ?

nope, you are allowed to be in a different squad for special events, and, if you choose to join, you stay in the squad until the current scenario is over

:salute

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 10:02:04 AM »
rgr..ty
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 10:43:29 AM »
Tomcat, try the scenario... not only do you get to meet new people, but you get exposed to a slice of history you'll never see in the MA.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 12:47:54 PM »
Where do I sign ?

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »
follow the "special events" link on the homepage, it will take you to the ahevents site.

go to the top right of your screen to "member login", click on that, click "register" and go thru all that. once you are registered, go to the "events" drop down box, click on "scenarios", and on that page go to the top right and clik on "registration"

you need to be registered on the ahevents site (its seperate from the bbs) to view the registration page, but once there, scroll down to where it says "VC-81" (or you can do VC-20 :aok) and click on the bubble, go to the bottom of the page and click "submit"

it might take a couple days to confirm your account on ahevents, so just be patient with it :salute

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 01:38:27 PM »
registered
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:54:31 PM by TOMCAT21 »

Offline kingpen

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 12:34:56 AM »
i registered to other day for your group.. when i log in it says i am indeed already registered for the flight group you are in . However, I just checked and it doesnt  have me listed... scratching my head..   
I do fly this plane almost all the time..

kingpen

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 12:47:05 AM »
i registered to other day for your group.. when i log in it says i am indeed already registered for the flight group you are in . However, I just checked and it doesnt  have me listed... scratching my head..   

kingpen

What is your AH handle?

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 05:29:14 AM »

kingpen

Make sure you filled out all the required information on the AHEvents site when you registered.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »
Make sure you filled out all the required information on the AHEvents site when you registered.

yep, just make sure you filled out that info correctly.

alright! We have a full squad! Chewi, Save, Tomcat, kingpen, and cut, practice is tuesday at 6pm ET in the DA.

Still need volunteers for VC-20, it is completely empty, and we need that other FM2 squad

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 07:04:53 AM »
I think that registration has been closed down even though there are still spots open for the Allies, this happens with all groups.
Strokes