Author Topic: mayhem mondays?  (Read 860 times)

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
mayhem mondays?
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:35:55 PM »
if anyone has ever played the game risk, this is kinda generally the same excect 1 individual doesnt have as much authority over the entire country, anyways what if on mondays the map was reset with randomly scattered country airfields amongst the 3. The countrys will be fighting 3 ways alot more instead of just at the merge of 3 countries.

the 3 countries will be attacking each other from all angles and as they all duke it out for personal territory..... anyway the idea is having a map start with 3 countrys airfields all scattered amongst each other, yayy or nay?
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
Re: mayhem mondays?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 08:42:13 PM »
The airfields would eventually merge again and form borders like we have now.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »
Creative idea. I wouldnt mind seeing something like this implemented. The problem would be the strat/supply system. How would the strats and supply system work if the borders dont exist?
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
What I predict would happen is most of the win the war types would start near their HQ and just steamroll everything close.  And they'd be hard to stop since there would be less likelihood of having a nearby base available to support, which would disincent anyone from defending.  So in the end you could end up with less combat and more steamrolling undefended bases than by having a defined front.

I could be wrong, of course.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 09:11:03 PM »
You know he is on to something.  If you removed the strat system and imposed a 12 hour window, that could be a hell of a lot of fun.  I would not close the other arena such as TT, so bomber guys can do their thing.  Hell I like that idea.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 11:57:59 PM »
+1 i personally think its a great idea and would also help out with ones situational awareness.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 12:00:47 AM »
The airfields would eventually merge again and form borders like we have now.

but not necesarily with the same equal strength, 2 countrys may rule and the 3rd scattered with 5 base clusters every where.  it could just not have a hq?
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 12:14:41 AM »
you could still have a hq and 3 untakeable bases around it for each country, in fact it would probably be better.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 01:19:39 AM »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 03:29:03 AM »
you could still have a hq and 3 untakeable bases around it for each country, in fact it would probably be better.

Yes, but it could take the fun away from people who like to capture bases. Still need to have a little bit of something for everybody.  :aok
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 04:05:46 AM »
Yes, but it could take the fun away from people who like to capture bases. Still need to have a little bit of something for everybody.  :aok

lolmeh, +1 on OP though ;)
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 04:43:45 AM »
lolmeh, +1 on OP though ;)

Well, I don't necessarily agree on the base-takers' philosophy, I still remember doing it and having fun. And I know a large amount of players like to join in on these missions to go take bases. They shouldn't be shut out because a large number of people on the forum don't agree with the way they like to have fun. That's just my personal opinion.  :aok
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 05:53:42 AM »
Well, I don't necessarily agree on the base-takers' philosophy, I still remember doing it and having fun. And I know a large amount of players like to join in on these missions to go take bases. They shouldn't be shut out because a large number of people on the forum don't agree with the way they like to have fun. That's just my personal opinion.  :aok

Sorry about the 'lolmeh' bit, it was the only thing I could think of at the time (excuse: was cold and just woke up :P).  I agree with what you said about getting enjoyment from that part of the game, but I'm honestly not sure how having three uncap's around the HQ would help.  Perhaps a solution could be to make most of the bases uncapturable, but leave TT (or its equivalent on a given map) capturable.  If so, you would allow for the TT bases to switch hands, thus giving the base-takers something to work at, whilst the HQ would give other players an objective to destroy (and provide a target for the big bomber missions), and the rest of the map could be used for base to base combat.

Here's an idea of what it might look like:

Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 09:12:34 AM »
I like this!  Talk about a cage match!  FUN FUN FUN  :banana:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 09:39:48 AM »
I like this!  Talk about a cage match!  FUN FUN FUN  :banana:

WWE massacre. Watch as wrestlers perform death defying leaps and bone-crushing slams, incredible counters and much much more!!!

AH TRANSLATION:
WW2 furball. Fly as a plane, take off, BnZ, out-turn the noobs, vulch, HO, and all that good stuff everyone just loves so much.  :D
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>