Author Topic: New radar settings  (Read 442 times)

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
New radar settings
« on: July 14, 2010, 10:54:03 AM »
I know that the radar range have been changed and altitude to show on dar is 65 feet. All good with that but I noticed that the amount of cons in a certain sector doesn't match the darbar even when everybody is over the 65 feet "invisible height" of the new radar settings. Mentionned that to the opponents as well and they said I wasn't showing a dar at all when I was at approximately 7-8k of altitude when we engaged. Before, you knew there was one plane with one little square and two a bit larger and so forth until it was the full width of the sector then it would mean 10+ cons in the sector. Just checking if everybody else has seen that or not? I didn't read anywhere that it changed regarding that aspect, maybe I missed it. Tks

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: New radar settings
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 11:10:25 AM »
If I understand it right, you will still not show a dar bar below 500 feet.  The height inside the radar ring is 65ft though.  Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

However, that doesn't account for the numerous accounts of people at a couple thousand feet who don't show dar.  I don't know what the deal is with that, I haven't had a personal experience with it but some of my squaddies have.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 07:34:38 AM »
A couple of squaddies and I tested this.

If enemy dar up....you WILL show at 65 feet. If enemy dar down, you will NOT show at 499 feet.

Now for the weird stuff...If you up from your base and no active enemy radar is there to track you, you can noe old school in your sector and the next with ease.
We had noticed that after you start an noe in any given sector from where you lifted, you can climb to several thousand feet and show no DAR.

This works till you hit the next sector then the DAR BAR pops up. Still working on whether or not that works with the enemy base in same sector.

But the general answer to your question is  There are Quite a few more cons in some sectors than the dar bar will show. Must be a glitch, dint know

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »

But the general answer to your question is  There are Quite a few more cons in some sectors than the dar bar will show. Must be a glitch, dint know

The 'dar bar isn't an accurate representation of the number of bandits in a sector, it's more of an approximate count.  For example, the smallest 'dar bar could mean there is 1-2 bandits in that sector, etc.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 08:52:43 AM »
I agree Ack-Ack, but if one con is airborne, radar should at least have one square to show there is something up.  :aok

Black70