Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 83064 times)

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
Re: Fishing
« Reply #1470 on: May 02, 2015, 06:21:34 PM »
Good luck.  Today was opening day of trout season, I was gonna go but I got a case of the lazies.  Maybe tomorrow. 
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #1471 on: May 03, 2015, 02:27:47 PM »
Flench you sure know how to make my mouth water.

Wurz were you fishing for crappie to? Crappies can be either incredibly aggressive or very light strikers. I guess like any other fish. But Ive had them hit big lures like Rapalas while trolling for walleye, lures almost as big as them. Heres a bunch we caught while trolling for stripers in Arkansas back in, oh, 'bout '90. Im the guy on the left, when I was young and fleet, and the guy in the middle is my partner who I tragically lost in 2002 to a heart attack. Ronnie loved fishing crappie and we hit them like that all week. If theres any better eating Ive yet to find it.

(Image removed from quote.)
Nice , that pic reminds me of the old good times . Like before there was a limit to what you can catch , We go out catch over 100 easy in the spawn . Hands would be so sore from cleaning fish have to take a week off to heal , lol .
 I'm down right now . Bent an axle on the boat trailer and they are high dollar . Going to have to make my own and that's putting me off the bite . Your right about the eating part . Best tasting fish one can eat .
  Heading up to TN next month to fish the Tennessee River at Wilson Dam . Going for catfish but there are some nice size stripers there too that are fun to catch . Going to carry me some goldfish this time and go after some yellow cats . They run around 30 ponds or more and they are really good to eat next to crappie . Time to re-line  some reels to 30 pound line now . It's a hard place to fish with the rocks and concrete walls all around and really bad when the generators kick on but thats when the fish start to bite . You got to have a good boat set up and know what your doing .
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:40:35 PM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1472 on: May 03, 2015, 04:04:29 PM »
Great day on the water, arms tired from reeling......been up since 12:30am.....I'm beyond exhausted, will post pics tommorow, for now it's food and bed lol
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #1473 on: May 03, 2015, 06:15:01 PM »
Yea I'm burnt to piss, broke a rod, and had a reel take a toejam on me today.  Really don't feel like cleaning fish right meow.

And I get the dunce of the day award.  I almost left the house without a rod, then after meeting up with a buddy and driving out into the sticks I had a sudden realization when we we're about 5 minutes from the stream...  My diddlying waders were sitting in my diddlying car. :bhead  An hour and a bunch of gas wasted. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:05:17 PM by Tec »
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1474 on: May 04, 2015, 02:16:38 PM »
Any day fishing that starts out like this, is a good day.

Manhattan Skyline sunrise

Love this picture, couldnt resist taking it..... its the sun rise reflecting on the glass etching 

Enough of that now......The fishing was great....Stripers up to 30lbs...we got them mostly on the troll, trolling umbrella rigs

Yours Truly holding a 25lb striper

My buddies new boat....44 foot Jersey Devil  Twin Cummins Diesels. Amazing, amazing, amazing fishing platform....and pretty darn comfy inside as well....She rides as nice as she looks.

We ended the day with 5 keepers to 30lbs....some lost.....a bit slow but didnt matter....weather was amazing and really (finally) melted the winter chill out of my soul.....

Cant wait for TUNA this year!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:23:48 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1475 on: May 04, 2015, 02:46:45 PM »
Looks like it was  a real nice day mBailey! 

Finally got ice out here and have been able to go bass fishing the last two weekends.  First weekend I went to a lake known for good numbers but not many big fish.  The jerkbait bite was on and between two of us we caught over 40 pass and a few pickerel.
   This last weekend went to another Finger lake that has bigger fish, thinking with the warm week we had they would be moving up and getting active.  Water temperature was still in the mid to upper forties, which was the same as the previous week's lake, but we just couldn't find 'em.  Between the two of us we only got 3 bass and two pike.  My only fish of the day was a 4lber, but it still was great to finally be out there again.

Hopefully with another week of warm weather they will be up in the shallows feeding for prespawn and we can pound them with a squarebill.   :aok

“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1476 on: May 05, 2015, 04:12:45 PM »
Looks like it was  a real nice day mBailey! 

Finally got ice out here and have been able to go bass fishing the last two weekends.  First weekend I went to a lake known for good numbers but not many big fish.  The jerkbait bite was on and between two of us we caught over 40 pass and a few pickerel.
   This last weekend went to another Finger lake that has bigger fish, thinking with the warm week we had they would be moving up and getting active.  Water temperature was still in the mid to upper forties, which was the same as the previous week's lake, but we just couldn't find 'em.  Between the two of us we only got 3 bass and two pike.  My only fish of the day was a 4lber, but it still was great to finally be out there again.

Hopefully with another week of warm weather they will be up in the shallows feeding for prespawn and we can pound them with a squarebill.   :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

Very nice Bug! Nothing better than having sore wrists from reeling  :D  ....my boat is having some work done on it so I won't have it until middle of next week.....just in time for Walleye season.   Going out again on Monday for the striped ones.......
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #1477 on: May 05, 2015, 05:53:20 PM »
This pic is not new but thought I'd post it.
Columbia river kings.

Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1478 on: May 11, 2015, 07:20:12 AM »
Back out again this last weekend.  They were getting a bit more active compared to the last week. 

Big fish of the day....

-Richard O'Kane

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #1479 on: May 11, 2015, 04:10:53 PM »
Nice one Bug.  Been getting them here on Spooks, frogs and buzzbaits for the last week or so.  Nothing over 3lbs but it's just great to watch topwaters get smoked.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #1480 on: May 15, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »
Nice pic's guy's . I can't wait until the 10th through the 20 next month on the TN river . Just hope I can keep my boat off the rocks . Wilson Dam is hell when those generators kick on . Going make some cool pic's . Father lost one boat doing the same thing many years back but the number of fish there is worth it . Time to reline my deep sea rod's and reel's now for that's what it take's to get some of them in .

EDIT: Question , Are those big striped ones good to eat ? Just wondering if I should keep them or through them back . I be selling all the catfish but I know it's not legal to sell the bass ,
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:36:22 PM by Flench »

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #1481 on: May 15, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »
        Hmmmm , My boat is not pulling good wonder why ?  lol
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:12:56 PM by Flench »

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #1482 on: May 15, 2015, 10:07:40 PM »
I see plenty of spare wheels in that picture. 

To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1483 on: May 15, 2015, 10:15:50 PM »
Northern Pike, Walleye and Muskie fishing in 12 days (my first vacation in 4 years)  :rock
With dad, who is 84 (85 in Aug). :)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1484 on: May 16, 2015, 09:25:32 AM »
Sounds like a great trip Rip, good luck!

I'm off to Lake Erie tomorrow to see if the smallmouth will cooperate.  :aok
  -Richard O'Kane