Author Topic: Carrier Qualification  (Read 1221 times)

Offline ePIC

• Copper Member
Carrier Qualification
« on: July 18, 2010, 05:56:22 PM »
CALL THE BALL ! ! !

Keys / Hotas:

-Joystick slider = Throttle down (reduce speed)
G = Gear down
Q = Flaps down
Shift + G = Hook down
Shift + N = Nerves of Steel   :banana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98PBdT0bBE

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Carrier Qualification
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 06:02:19 PM »
That was really cool, you're views are a bit messed up though wtf?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 08:17:47 PM »

Very nice carrier landing loved it. But now you should make a film showing how the F4U acctually landed on a carrier. remember it would come in at a sweeping curve right till the last second then straighten up. OOHH that be a hard one :) Again great film for training  :aok  :aok  :salute :salute
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline ePIC

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 09:42:34 PM »

Very nice carrier landing loved it. But now you should make a film showing how the F4U acctually landed on a carrier. remember it would come in at a sweeping curve right till the last second then straighten up. OOHH that be a hard one :) Again great film for training  :aok  :aok  :salute :salute

You would be correct on that, but I went NOOB friendly to give extra time for proper approach and line up.

As far as for WTF views? I was pretty hammered while editing the film.... They looked good then  :aok

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 09:51:41 PM »
When you look left, your head pos moves all the way to the other side of the plane lol. This just isn't good for SA.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »
3ft per second huh...
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline ePIC

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 10:52:38 PM »
When you look left, your head pos moves all the way to the other side of the plane lol. This just isn't good for SA.

It would be a simulation of looking left from an aircraft that is turning and banking at an angle. Its not perfect it is what it is.

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 04:29:06 AM »
Nice one thanks Epic
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 02:25:40 PM »
You would be correct on that, but I went NOOB friendly to give extra time for proper approach and line up.

As far as for WTF views? I was pretty hammered while editing the film.... They looked good then  :aok

Yeah but when they aint noobs they have to learn the proper way lol :lol

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 12:40:10 AM »
Great film!

Lol Corsair's great for beginners? Not when I started  :D  Seafire's the noob way to go when it comes to beginner CV landings.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline ePIC

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 08:45:51 AM »
Great film!

Lol Corsair's great for beginners? Not when I started  :D  Seafire's the noob way to go when it comes to beginner CV landings.

If we go that route AM6 Zero's are way better than Seafire's. F4U's with their multi position flaps can land at very low controllable speeds. Hogs are fast and maneuver well at high speeds, F4U's can carry 2k lbs in bombs and rockets. Seafires cannot, thats all I was pointing out.  :rock

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 10:03:02 AM »
Great film!

Actually SgtPappy the Seafire was landed on Carriers the same way as the Corsairs as pilots also didnt have good vision upon landing.  :salute

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 12:47:59 AM »
This is true. After some speculation, I've noticed I don't find this a problem in the game.

I suppose if I flew the planes in real life and felt the sensation of a long-nosed aircraft in the flared position, I would have far more trouble landing in the Seafire and/or F4U.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 11:24:02 AM »
This is true. After some speculation, I've noticed I don't find this a problem in the game.

I suppose if I flew the planes in real life and felt the sensation of a long-nosed aircraft in the flared position, I would have far more trouble landing in the Seafire and/or F4U.

Yes for carrier and runway landings in the seafire F4u and other long nosed aircraft i have noticed that visabillity is good not like the real thing. I believe that the reasoning for this is we all know that in real life we see it all in 3D. Where as on the monitor it is all in 2D there is no real feeling of depth and distance that is why we see the icon's with a distance line ie they are 5.5K away. :)

We should all get VR Goggles and play it in £D it would be cool then. I can see it now you turn your head to look back without pushing a button that would be sweet :lol  :aok

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 06:00:34 PM »
psss, thats a -1D not an -1A :D