Author Topic: X36/CH Pro USB... (no hair left)  (Read 819 times)

Offline RedShad_DD

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.devildogs.com/redshad/
X36/CH Pro USB... (no hair left)
« on: December 28, 2000, 08:57:00 PM »
WIN 98se, DX7a, SGE 2.3...

After 10 min of flight, I lose button commands. Sometimes keybrd fails to respond also. (except for some keys like / and esc and enter) Then I will suddenly get booted to desktop with the "start menu" pulled up. Only way to close AH at this point is to cntrl-alt-del. Then I can restart AH and fly another 10 er 15 min before it happens again. I gettn that sinking reformat feelin  

Oh ya... if I do re-boot machine, I must unplug and replug CH Peds. grrrrrrrrr

RS

Offline RedShad_DD

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.devildogs.com/redshad/
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2000, 10:18:00 PM »
appears it may have been a bad profile file... I hope.

PIRATE AHA*

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2000, 02:55:00 AM »
Saitek does not support seperate rudder pedals, but http://www.stickworks.com  has
drivers which will let the X36 work with some pedals.

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
Saitek may not support external pedals but Aces High does. I use CH pedals with a PDPI card and have no problems at all.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
Indians Home page were links to help pages can be found.
Indian's Homepage

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2000, 08:56:00 AM »
Woof RedShad
What motherboard do you have? Is this your 1st USB setup?
I had an issue with my USB controller and NIC conflicting with every darn thing at first. My Abit BE6 likes to shares it's IRQ's with different slots and the ATA66 IDE controller. I ended up disabling both serial ports (didn't use em anyway) and vacanting slot 3 on my board (shares IRQ w/ATA) to insure everything got it's own IRQ. Rudders still go squirrly every blue moon, but I can live with that. Check your IRQ's.
gl
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2000, 08:59:00 AM »
Also, if you use the rotors on the throttle for anything make sure you have a dead zone in center and they are centered, as they can sometimes sit there and continuously send out whatever commands you have them programmed to if they are not reset to dead zone. Use mine for trim, both elevator and rudder. Works well as long as I make sure they are centered.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2000, 09:49:00 AM »
Try www.saitekhelp.com.

Maybe IE needs to be upgraded?

There are instructions on how to fix IE so you don't crash to desktop.

[This message has been edited by 1776 (edited 12-29-2000).]

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2000, 04:40:00 PM »
Eagler hit a point that I found a long time ago when I first set up the X36 Profile.

This has to do with programming things like trim on to those rotating wheels on the throttle. If you do not have them centered they will constantly try to send commands that can interfere with other flight commands. You will also find that you do not have the most sensitive notch for notch trim control that you can get if you program them on the hat on the throttle. I programmed them to the small index finger throttle hat to allow for either constant inputs by holding that hat in one direction which will even allow you to fly a compressed plane out of compression with trim, or to input just one notch of trim for that fine tunning your looking for. You don't get that on those rotating wheels, and you do get problems.

There are a number of other problems I found through extensive on line testing. That is why my readme file inlcuded with the Saitek profile on the Downloads Page as Rangerbob.zip asks you to please try the profile as is for a week before trying to make your own changes. You'll avoid months of finding out the problems that I already found out.

The new Version 1.05 profile (Rangerbob105.zip)has been sent in and should be on the download page by next week. This new version now includes PT boats, B17 waist gunner positions, and a command to drop the hooks. It does not substantially change any of the other commands programmed in earier versions that I posted.

Ranger Bob

-towd_

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2001, 08:06:00 PM »
i am a happy user of ranger bobs setup . it is great ( i still dont use it to its maximum but i sugest it to all x36 users .

THANKS RANGER BOB !!

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2001, 08:25:00 AM »
Well thank you Towd. I'm glad some find it useful.

I have sent in an updated Version 1.05 Saitek profile to Pyro, but he hasn't had a chance to post it yet on the downloads page due to all the adjustments to this version they have been making.

This new version includes PT boats as well as B17 waist gunner positions. It removes the Padlock view stuff as I haven't found any experienced pilots using it.

If anyone needs it I would be happy to send a copy by E-mail till they get it up on the downloads page.

Ranger Bob

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2001, 08:35:00 AM »
Can you send me your X36 profile please ?
E-mail in my profile

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2001, 10:46:00 AM »
Straffo, Bob's saitek config is under links at HTC website.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2001, 10:51:00 AM »
thx rip will check.

<edit> this is the old 1.04 version   I've to wait  

[This message has been edited by straffo (edited 01-15-2001).]

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2001, 05:06:00 PM »
Actually Rip, the file currently on the downloads page is the old one. That's why my previous post indicates that I will send the new one if someone wants it.

I sent an updated Version 1.05 profile in to Pyro between Christmas and New Years, but they haven't had a chance to put it on the downloads page yet.

I'll send it off to Straffo with pleasure.

The new profile incudes the PT boat commands, B17 waist gunners, cleans up the read me file, and does away with the Padlock view commands that I haven't found any experienced pilots using.

Ranger Bob