Author Topic: gunpad for 190's  (Read 1129 times)

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
Re: gunpad for 190's
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 01:35:24 PM »
That's funny I always thought that a field mod was modified in the field to fit an airframe.  A factory mod was one that was built at the factory and shipped to the field and just bolted on with very little work.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 01:52:06 PM »
That's funny I always thought that a field mod was modified in the field to fit an airframe.  A factory mod was one that was built at the factory and shipped to the field and just bolted on with very little work.
They start as mods in the field. If successful and someone wants to make the pitch to high command, then it could potentially turn into a factory made bolt on modification for units already deployed. Canopies would become standard equipment from the factory. Wing modifications would become standard factory equipment. Mission specific equipment like under wing armament, not so much but with the Luftwaffe it was never absolute.

Speaking of which PJ has a point, sorry I totally neglected to consider the G-10s and G-12s that were delivered with gun pods attached to the wings. Was only thinking F through G6 series.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 01:59:24 PM »
They start as mods in the field. If successful and someone wants to make the pitch to high command, then it could potentially turn into a factory made bolt on modification for units already deployed. Canopies would become standard equipment from the factory. Wing modifications would become standard factory equipment. Mission specific equipment like under wing armament, not so much but with the Luftwaffe it was never absolute.

Speaking of which PJ has a point, sorry I totally neglected to consider the G-10s and G-12s that were delivered with gun pods attached to the wings. Was only thinking F through G6 series.

Sure and thanks for the ackowledgement but I'm not clear that those kits were installed at the factory. We're slicing it thin here but all we know for certain is that those G-10s/12s showed up with the mod.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 09:56:59 AM »
I saw in several places (and other sims) that 190's (i think A5 model) had the chance to add gunpods below the wing, 2 X 20 mm guns in each gunpod. They were used against buffs mainly b17's. Is any way to add them to the game?

MrRulo, the pictures you show are of one experimental FW-190A-5 of JG11.  According to what I've read, with all that weight it handled poorly.

Still...  with six 20mm MG/151...    :devil

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline MrRulo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 11:52:10 AM »
Thats why the idea was or at least I think it should be for buff hunting, split s and then run like to the field with some extra cover

thx for the coment...

Rulo

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 12:47:47 PM »

Rüstsätze kits could be fitted in the field, as opposed to Umrüst-Bausätze kits, which were typically fitted in the factory. This was not a hard and fast rule, however; during production runs various Rüstsätze kits were often fitted by factories in order to meet Luftwaffe demands.

The "theoretically" part is, while they were designed to be fit in the field, they were also often installed while in the factory.

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay