Author Topic: Mission that works  (Read 3562 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Mission that works
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:14:08 AM »
Here's one that works with the current version of Aces High as of today, 20Jul2010 (V2198)

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/SolomonMelee/Ah2MissionSolomonMeleeFullPage.htm

Regards,

-Peabody-

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: Mission that works
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »
It still works with Aces High Version 2.20.3 as of today 17Aug2010. Here are some observations:

You need only download the .res file. No need to download any ".mis" file, as that one seems to be built automagically the first time you run the mission. You can get the required .mis file here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/SolomonMelee/Ah2MissionSolomonMeleeFullPage.htm

I just stored that "solomonmelee01a.res" file in my "missres" folder. At that point, there was NOTHING in my "misstemp" folder, but the mission showed up as one of my "offline missions" choices. I was able to fly the mission. After that, I saw that a file named "solomonmelee01a.mis" had been created in my "misstemp" folder.

Three more important items:

1: You will need the "solomonC" terrain, which you can obtain here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Terrains/Ah2SolomonIslandsTerrain.htm

2: The computer-generated planes aren't very smart. They crash into the ground a lot. They were much, Much, MUCH better in Aces High 2 Version 2.13.1.  That old version continues to be the best one for flying offline missions (and it properly supported warp segments too).

3: When you first start out in a P38, you'll be parked very close to a cluster of new trees that were never present in earlier AH versions. If you try to just taxi forward, you'll hit them, even if you try to turn away from them very hard. The only way I could turn hard enough to avoid a tree collision was to shut off one engine and goose the other, allowing my P38 to almost spin in place.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 11:20:33 AM »
"The computer-generated planes aren't very smart. They crash into the ground a lot."

You see that it alot of the missions. Seems to be that they end up on the deck flying at WWI speeds as well. Be nice if you could adjust the experience levels of the nme as with IL2.  :salute

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:05:31 AM »
What I have found to counter this. Just stay low about 500 feet when you merge. Then start to go to the vertical. The drones tend to flat turn back at you instead of split s down. I just keep on baiting them then go up and stay slow so they try to come back up at me. It works some times. If they lose too much E in the flat turn they tend to just split s and try and bait me.

If you can get this to work you get some nice merges for a while at 5-10k. But the drones always use the downward spiral if you get behind them. I just try not to do this. Get them to scissor, I get some nice fights going that way.

Here is a vid of this mission I posted on an other thread. I just let the Allies side play threw. If you want to see a cool fur ball I would just let this happen. On the Japanese side however. Is were I practice my ACM. I normally jump the American flights. First one on one with the F6's then take out the p-38's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJTYGa7OEdc

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 11:26:15 AM »
Nice vid CaptainCarnage. Does a good job showing the current state of offline missions.

As for coaxing the computer-generated planes to fly sensibly, your technique looks like it works fairly well.

My technique: Use an old copy of Aces High. Version 2.13.1 is the best for offline missions, and the drones fly much, Much smarter.

Cheers,

-Peabody-

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »
I have the file for ah2124. Think that will work? Cause I really do miss flying threw hangers! :airplane: :rock

PS were could I find the installer for 2.13.1?

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 12:39:05 PM »
Because the Solomon Melee mission doesn't have any "warp" segments, it runs well on AH V2124. That is also a good version as far as computer-generated drone intelligence is concerned. You'll find that the AH V2124 drones are a lot smarter than the new ones in AH 2.20.3.

Finding Aces High 2 Version 2.13 Patch 1 can be tricky; there aren't very many web sites that appreciate the value of this gem enough to republish it. The best way is to do a "Google" search, using their prominent "Advanced Search" option. In the search box labeled "this exact wording or phrase", enter "ah2131.exe" (without the quote marks). Clicking the "Advanced Search" button will yield a list of a few web sites that reference a file by that name. In my experience, there are always one or two that will let you download the full, 126 Megabyte Installer for free.
BE CAREFUL! Downloading executable files from unknown sites is always risky. Follow well-known, sensible security practices: Don't execute any file that isn't the correct (126MB) size. Make sure your firewall is active and that you are running an up-to-date virus scanner. If you aren't comfortable with the ads or links on the site, look for something that's better established.

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »
Ya I can't find the 2.13.1.exe too bad. But it runs on the 2.12.4.exe I have :rock It just won't let the game load F6's. It puts P-51's there instead. However, I am using the .mis file that my current AH wrote to run it in 2.12.4. Perhaps this is why it wont let the game load out F6's.

I can see an instant difference. The drones fly at the right speeds and headings. They also put up a better fight once they get low. They don't hammer into the ground.

As a Japanese warbird fan I am in luv with this mission. It would be great if the bugs got worked out with the current version of the game so it would run fine there as well!

I will post a vid soon!

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 09:05:17 AM »
I look forward to your new film!

-Peabody-

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »
Hahah here ya go.

This was the 2.12.4 version. I had to take the .mis files that the current version (2.20.3) of the game wrote. There is no missres folder in the 2.12.4 version. That being said the only bug with this mission on this version is the F6's are not there. You also can't fly the F6 flight because the game loads P-51's instead. If you try to select the F6 flight the game crashes. Oh well, you can still fly the P-38's. Every flight on the Japanese side works great!

Anyways, since it is a more even match up. I decided to fly against the P-51's with the Ki-84. Man o man you can get some GREAT fights going. In a dog fight a P-38 has very little chance against the Ki-84, unless the 38 pilot flies like a bat out of hell! So I chose to go with more Mustang battles in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PCY4VhDZKU
DON'T FORGET TO WATCH IN HD!!!

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »
Greetings   :lol

Need help/advice, I've a Windows XP SP3 on which I've AH2131, I
played bbosen's mission w/o probs two(2) days ago.  I just use this
pc to bring it todate with all the updates.

Presently I'm on another pc, Vista SP2, but am unable to play any missions except the 4 or 5 listed, I'm unable to obtain AH2131 from
any sources, neither do I want to with all the malware, virus's & trojans.

I've never chgd my addy from Windows XP to Vista, How would I be able to copy AH2131 to my current pc?

:cheers: :banana:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:02:07 PM by Happy1 »

Offline speak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 06:47:43 AM »
Greetings   :lol

Need help/advice, I've a Windows XP SP3 on which I've AH2131, I
played bbosen's mission w/o probs two(2) days ago.  I just use this
pc to bring it todate with all the updates.

Presently I'm on another pc, Vista SP2, but am unable to play any missions except the 4 or 5 listed, I'm unable to obtain AH2131 from
any sources, neither do I want to with all the malware, virus's & trojans.

I've never chgd my addy from Windows XP to Vista, How would I be able to copy AH2131 to my current pc?

:cheers: :banana:

Burn AH onto a CD off the old computer?

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 08:54:26 AM »
I happen to have a copy of version 2.13.1 saved on an external HD.  I uploaded on Oron to share with you guys if you want it.  There are NO viruses in it.  Be aware that the .mis & .res files must go into the 'offmis' folder instead of the 'missres' folder in this version.  All of my missions work with this version, and there are no warp point issues.
http://oron.com/5s38u7g9ikqk/ah2131.exe.html
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:03:47 AM by Hawk55 »
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 04:38:03 PM »
Very Nice... There are a few missions with spitfires that I would really like to try out with warp points! Also I would like most of the offline missions I have to work like they should! I am going to give this a try! Hopefully with some new vids!

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »
Hawk55  :aok

Thx ever so much for ur kindest reply to my query, 'twas very decent of u to SHARE AH2131 with us, I'm downloading it now, btw nice to hear that ALL of the missions run well w/o any warp point issues.

Your assistance is much appreciated.   :lol :cheers: