Author Topic: Buffs "wobble' when in gunner position.  (Read 338 times)

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
Buffs "wobble' when in gunner position.
« on: July 22, 2010, 06:23:17 AM »
Whenever in buff gunner position (piloting own planes), whenever I move joystick L  or R, buff wings tilt as if flying from gunners pos. Is it possible that we can have it fixed so that flight input only comes from pilots position or bombsight.
                                                                           <S> Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Buffs "wobble' when in gunner position.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:34:32 AM »
I'm guessing you're turning your yaw (twisty stick programmed to your rudder) while in the gunner position.  Yaw controls will control the bombers from a gunner position.  It isn't a bug but rather a feature.  A feature that many bomber pilots use quite regularly.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »
If you want to test Jay's theory.. simply disable the rudder axis... take off in some bombers... and see if it still happens.

My bombers stay perfectly level while gunning...

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 11:32:27 AM »
Of course you are ozrocker, maybe turn down Crazy Train and see if that helps.  :aok
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 11:50:45 AM »
I have to agree with Jayhawk on this as I do alot of gunning from the bombers (nobody ever joins me... :frown:). Probably getting some twisting in there. Same thing happens when in tailgunner position in IL2 or 110, etc..., just have to adapt. :salute

Never checked into it but is there any way to set up gunner position to a control profile and disable the rudder axis or at least dampen it so you have to make extreme twists to get reactions??

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 02:24:54 PM »
Of course you are ozrocker, maybe turn down Crazy Train and see if that helps.  :aok
:aok
<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 01:54:14 AM »
Never checked into it but is there any way to set up gunner position to a control profile and disable the rudder axis or at least dampen it so you have to make extreme twists to get reactions??

Set up a different mode and assign a button or key to switch to that mode.  In that mode, assign the same button or key to switch back to mode 1.

I use mode 2, the gv mode, to gun with sometimes as I have the X and Y axis set to move slower than in mode 1.  I use the keypad *, -, and Del to switch between various modes.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay