Author Topic: Help adjusting the "air raid siren" sound  (Read 640 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Help adjusting the "air raid siren" sound
« on: July 22, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »
I need a bit of help with this one, no way I can play with the current sound level on this...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
Re: Help adjusting the "air raid siren" sound
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 09:44:26 PM »
Ya, what happened to adjusting each sound? I had that stupid warning siren at 0 so I wouldn't hear it all the time. even tried to delete the warning file but didn't work.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 11:58:37 AM »
Ya, what happened to adjusting each sound? I had that stupid warning siren at 0 so I wouldn't hear it all the time. even tried to delete the warning file but didn't work.

Make a new 'blank' one with windows sound recorder and replace it in the game file. Just make sure to name it the same as the original...then you won't here anything.  I did that a couple of years ago 'cause I couldn't stand that blasted siren.
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 12:33:03 PM »
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 02:03:12 PM »
This sound file set up had me a bit confused to start with. So stuck my own "stall.wav" file into the virtually empty Sounds directory and yep, that played instead of the default stall warner.

So is there a list of the file names that can be used?

Better still, are the current sounds available as .wav files so I can then adjust the volumes using some sounds software I have on my PC and then copy into the Sounds directory to replace any "default" sounds that I have a problem with?

It will then be pretty much the same as before except I will tweak the sounds independant of Aces High. Who bothers moving them around in game anyway once you get them the way it suits.

Edit:

Oops just  noticed we have a sounds forum, sorry for posting here!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:23:11 PM by Blagard »

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »
Why in the world would you change this HTC? We all had our sounds set just the way we wanted them and then you go and throw out the ability to change each one. Now, as you see, we have to mess with files. This is a huge step backwards. Ever hear of not fixing something that ain't broke?  :furious
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 12:06:43 AM »
Why in the world would you change this HTC? We all had our sounds set just the way we wanted them and then you go and throw out the ability to change each one. Now, as you see, we have to mess with files. This is a huge step backwards. Ever hear of not fixing something that ain't broke?  :furious
From HTC's standpoint it, the old sound system wasn't capable of progressing with the rest of the development. Rather than tossing ridiculous nonsense around like you own something, try posting your specific issue in the bug reports forum. A dxdiag of your system would also help since not everyone is having problems with the new sound system, so it could just be your computer.

I know Skuzzy, see rule #4...but turds like this should be grateful I'm not a staff member.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 12:49:02 AM »

What we have now is a HUGE improvement. Not that there was anything wrong with the way things were but now you can still edit individual sounds (something you will have to do yourself) but you can set up a cockpit that mirrors the audio environment of an aircraft cockpit (not precisely but alot closer).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 01:18:11 AM »
I know Skuzzy, see Ruelfore...but turds like this should be grateful I'm not a staff member.

FIXED