Author Topic: Saitek X52 Flight Control System Reviews Wanted  (Read 2407 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Saitek X52 Flight Control System Reviews Wanted
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 01:59:20 PM »
X52 lover here.  Currently using my second X52, the first I got about 2 years use out of.  Mind you I am hard on my equipment, so I consider this to be a good length of time.  My wife says it sounds like I am ripping the desk apart at night... :uhoh I use the twist as I can't imagine where the heck I could put the pedal setup, let alone explain it to the Mrs. why I need it.

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
Re: Saitek X52 Flight Control System Reviews Wanted
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »
I have been using a regular X52 for a little over a year now. I got the pedals about a month ago. I have never had a problem with the X52.

It hasn't become sloppy or hasn't lost it's calibration. I don't use a powered usb hub and I don't turn the LEDS off. I noticed the other day that a button 13 is activated when I pull the stick as far back as it'll go. I have been thinking of taking it apart to find out why but it causes no problems so I haven't done it.

I never downloaded any drivers or installed any software. I just plugged the stick in calibrated it and, voila, it worked. If you have a problem with it try uninstalling the drivers and do what I did. I like my X52 but like anything else if there is a way for it to mess up it will.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken