Author Topic: To Ghosth  (Read 665 times)

Offline Onyx13

• Zinc Member
To Ghosth
« on: July 27, 2010, 02:32:07 PM »
Thanks for sending me an email.

First you have to understand I would really like to be involved in playing Aces High.
I TRIED to do exactly what you told me to set up my radio. The reason I WENT QUIET was because you said you were going to dinner and would be back in a while.
The reason I asked the same question 10 min later is because the DAM THING still would not work. I went into one of the arenas and asked again and some guy helped me get it to work.
You said I have to teach myself. No problem! I got my self thou Vietnam and Seven years of college, I can sure as hell teach myself to fly some dame airplane game.
 All I asked for was some help, and did not intend to waste your time. This is the first on line game I have played.
I have been in Aces High for Four days, have emailed the trainers site emailed people in two different squads for help, gone to the Training area and asked for help. No replies. I even called Texas.
Your are the first person to try to help me. Thanks
 Do you think the reason so many people come and go is because they are as confused as I am and have had as much trouble as I have had getting some simple questions answered.

Once again thanks for all your help

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: To Ghosth
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:55:39 PM »
Yes a lot of this stuff must be self taught. It's difficult sometime to put into words what your trying to point at on someones computer thousands of miles away. The trainers we have are ALL VOLUNTEERS and spend their time as they can. The biggest help for the new people is also the one that is the hardest to implement. All they have to do is go to the main web page, click on the "Game Info" link in the top header and click on Need Training?. The trainers web site has ALL the information needed for anyone to learn how to play this game.

The problem, nobody wants to take the time to read all that !!! Unfortunately it is the best way to get a good foundation. Even if after reading them a couple times (after almost 10 years here I STILL check back for info, so I couldn't tell you how many times I've read those pages) you won't understand everything but when you run into it in the game it will be like a light bulb going off and you'll say "oh I get it now!"

If new people would take the time to read the training page, ask their questions here on the boards, and THEN hook up with a trainer the transition into the game for each of them would be much easier. But of course we all know EVERYTHING   :D so we all by pass those steps. After all how hard can it be to push a couple buttons, wiggle your joystick, pull the trigger and get lots of kills  :devil

Welcome to the best game on the net..... with the biggest learning curve  :neener:  Don't be afraid to ask questions here, most people are pretty good about answering and we all don't eat supper at the same time.  :P

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »
I won't even touch on most of what you said Onyx.

Fugitive nailed it, and I have no need to beat a dead horse.

However I will comment on one thing.
"Do you think the reason so many people come and go is because they are as confused as I am and have had as much trouble as I have had getting some simple questions answered."

No, I think most of the people who try AH and leave are not prepared for the vast quantity's of information required to be learned, and the very hard process of turning that information into actual tactics and skill. Plus I would venture to say of those 2/3rds are under 18 and are simply not interested in anything they can't master in a week.

If your confused, start reading. If things do not work as advertised, you have to accept that you have caused a good share of that by trying to play AH on a laptop instead of a full desktop computer with keyboard.

AH can not be configured for everyone out of the box. Simply is not possible. I told you where to go to set a key to transmit on range vox, exactly where it was located, and which entry you were looking for. And then I sat and waited for 15 min waiting for any kind of response. When I didn't get one I decided it was time to cut my loses and go eat supper.

And then when you pm'd me I did my best to answer more of your questions, and to try to explain why you need to go back to the trainers site and read. And what do I get for my pains?  Do I get a reply by PM? No, I get a reply here, where you seem to alternate between thanking me and being very upset that I didn't do more.

Frankly what you "intended" to accomplish is no longer important.
What you have accomplished is to make me decide that you are no longer worth my time.
Good luck finding help.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 04:34:23 PM »
Having been there I can't emphasis these two points enough. It's a hard game to achieve any real level of proficiency at. This is compounded by the number of people who can't be bothered to actually read and apply the things that are pretty black and white. All of the trainers are gracious with there time and knowledge but you do have to meet them half way.

No, I think most of the people who try AH and leave are not prepared for the vast quantity's of information required to be learned, and the very hard process of turning that information into actual tactics and skill. Plus I would venture to say of those 2/3rds are under 18 and are simply not interested in anything they can't master in a week.

Not all people will mesh well, so its not "wrong" for any given combination not to work. Just remember that the trainers are all volunteers and are doing their best to help everyone they come in contact with.

Frankly what you "intended" to accomplish is no longer important.
What you have accomplished is to make me decide that you are no longer worth my time.
Good luck finding help.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »
I don't have anything to add, so here is a dancing banana:  :banana:

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 01:10:58 PM »
Ghost, "nailed" this one:

"All ready found and fixed for this weeks patch. HiTech"

And tell me if i'm wrong.

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 08:30:32 PM »
By the same token Onyx I don't hold a grudge either.
Was sorry to see you leave the TA today without saying anything.

Trainers motto "Every day is a new day, a fresh start"