Author Topic: Tanks rounds shooting down aircraft.  (Read 15380 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Tanks rounds shooting down aircraft.
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2010, 08:14:47 PM »
How do you know it didn't happen?  If tanks did use their main guns to defend against air attack, it is very possible that one of those tanks did get lucky and score a hit.  While Hans Rudel didn't think very highly of the Sherman tank, he hated to attack them over T-34s because the Sherman crews would not only fire their .50 calibers at the low flying Stukas but also their main gun as well.

What does this mean?  It means that you're absolutely incorrect that a plane being shot down by a tank's main gun is gamey in any sense of the word.  Those of you that claim it is do so because of the embarrassment of being shot down by a tank's main gun and if you claim it's "gamey" and "unrealistic", it makes the embarrassment a little less painful.

It would be "gamey" if tanks never fired their main guns at planes in real life.

ack-ack

Just prove it happened and ill shut up...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:17:26 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2010, 08:18:48 PM »
Just prove it happened and ill shut up

I don't have to prove a tank shot down a plane with its main gun.  I only had to prove that tanks did indeed use their main guns to defend against air attacks.  Having proved that, by de facto proved that a tank can indeed shoot down a low flying plane.  The burden of proof that this did not happen is now on you.  Good luck.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2010, 08:23:16 PM »
I don't have to prove a tank shot down a plane with its main gun.  I only had to prove that tanks did indeed use their main guns to defend against air attacks.  Having proved that, by de facto proved that a tank can indeed shoot down a low flying plane.  The burden of proof that this did not happen is now on you.  Good luck.

ack-ack

Why not? if I want a skin in the game I have to prove every bit of it....They might have shot at it but they didnt hit anything thats why they used the 50's.
Anything else?

What your saying is lets be totaly historical about this part .....buttt lets let this part slide for the gamey factor cause it might be possible.

Well it might be possible the some secreat missions were flown with a Bearcat but no 1 knows about it. ... but it could of happened.
get real

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:27:19 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2010, 08:34:07 PM »
Why not? if I want a skin in the game I have to prove every bit of it....

Apples and oranges...

They might have shot at it but they didnt hit anything thats why they used the 50's.
Anything else?

You have failed to prove that it never happened, while I proved that it was totally within the realm of possibility.  Again, the burden to prove that it didn't happen is on you.  I hope in the next reply you can do a little better than "it just didn't happen" and include some proof that backs up your claim.

ack-ack

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2010, 08:46:04 PM »

Apples and oranges...

You have failed to prove that it never happened, while I proved that it was totally within the realm of possibility.  Again, the burden to prove that it didn't happen is on you.  I hope in the next reply you can do a little better than "it just didn't happen" and include some proof that backs up your claim.

ack-ack

Your the 1 who has failed. You cant prove on this historicaly accurate game that a tank ever shot a plane with its main gun, but it happens all the time in the game. Balls not in my court to prove anything..... but I have searched pretty hard for a Tank ever shooting a plane down in this fashion. Like I said prove a tank ever shot a plane down with its main gun.... The closest you gonna get is Michael Wittman but that has not proven to be correct.

So ... show me proof it happened or keep spinnin

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2010, 08:47:17 PM »
Your the 1 who has failed. You cant prove on this historicaly accurate game that a tank ever shot a plane with its main gun, but it happens all the time in the game. Balls not in my court to prove anything..... but I have searched pretty hard for a Tank ever shooting a plane down in this fashion. Ilike I said prove a tank ever shot a plane down with its main gun.... The closest you gonna get is Michael Wittman but that has not proven to be correct.

I can't prove that jets flew around on the deck at 550 miles an hour sneaking up on unsuspecting prey but I do it all the time in a game.  If something is physically possible it is irrelevant if it happened in real life.  You lose.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2010, 08:50:23 PM »
I can't prove that jets flew around on the deck at 550 miles an hour sneaking up on unsuspecting prey but I do it all the time in a game.  If something is physically possible it is irrelevant if it happened in real life.  You lose.

far as i concerned you should not be able to do that either or the 163 that fly like zekes so your into gaming the game
edit: if jets did fly around on the ground the way you do ...We would have shirley heard about it from one of the pilots of the many  luftwaffe pilots that flew them... dont ya think?

I would say it is much simpler to prove that the jets werent flown that way than did;)

Weak,
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:58:30 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2010, 08:57:41 PM »
Your the 1 who has failed. You cant prove on this historicaly accurate game that a tank ever shot a plane with its main gun, but it happens all the time in the game. Balls not in my court to prove anything..... but I have searched pretty hard for a Tank ever shooting a plane down in this fashion. Like I said prove a tank ever shot a plane down with its main gun.... The closest you gonna get is Michael Wittman but that has not proven to be correct.

Again, lack of proof to back up your "claims" while I have shown it was entirely possible that it could be done.  As they would say on Mythbusters...

While your claim, without any evidence to support it would be...

ack-ack

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »
Again, lack of proof to back up your "claims" while I have shown it was entirely possible that it could be done.  As they would say on Mythbusters...
(Image removed from quote.)

While your claim, without any evidence to support it would be...
(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

Go round in circles just like a plane up in the sky.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2010, 09:02:15 PM »
far as i concerned you should not be able to do that either or the 163 that fly like zekes so your into gaming the game
edit: if jets did fly around on the ground the way you do ...We would have shirley heard about it from one of the pilots of the many  luftwaffe pilots that flew them... dont ya think?

I would say it is much simpler to prove that the jets werent flown that way than did;)

Weak,

You really have a hard time grasping simple concepts.  Good luck in life.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »
Megalodon, your saying we have to prove why a 75mm shell would shoot down an aircraft that intercepted the shells flight path. For all we know, some of the pilots listed as MIA were shot down because they intercepted an artillery shell's flight path. I don't know this happened and I'm not saying it did, but you must acknowledge that its a possibility.

We can't prove aircraft were shot down by tanks in WWII, and just as much to the point, YOU can't prove they weren't. It isn't gamey because it is physical possible, and may have happened for all the evidence you have shown.

Here is what you must do for this whine to have any legitimacy:

Find definitive proof that it didn't happen in WWII
Find definitive proof that it COULDN'T happen
Tell why/how it negatively affects gameplay and tell us what you propose be done about it

And the 163 can't come close to turning with a zeek. I bet that you turned left 130degrees with the 163 2k out and then stopped, thinking you were safe, while the 163 turned left a bit and made an oblique pass instead of one from dead 6. You, figuring there was no way he could have made that shot, now say that a 163 is as manuverable as a zero.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »
You really have a hard time grasping simple concepts.  Good luck in life.
The simple concept that most of the game is historical except the part you game out?

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2010, 09:08:38 PM »
Megalodon, your saying we have to prove why a 75mm shell would shoot down an aircraft that intercepted the shells flight path. For all we know, some of the pilots listed as MIA were shot down because they intercepted an artillery shell's flight path. I don't know this happened and I'm not saying it did, but you must acknowledge that its a possibility.

We can't prove aircraft were shot down by tanks in WWII, and just as much to the point, YOU can't prove they weren't. It isn't gamey because it is physical possible, and may have happened for all the evidence you have shown.

Here is what you must do for this whine to have any legitimacy:

Find definitive proof that it didn't happen in WWII
Find definitive proof that it COULDN'T happen
Tell why/how it negatively affects gameplay and tell us what you propose be done about it

And the 163 can't come close to turning with a zeek. I bet that you turned left 130degrees with the 163 2k out and then stopped, thinking you were safe, while the 163 turned left a bit and made an oblique pass instead of one from dead 6. You, figuring there was no way he could have made that shot, now say that a 163 is as manuverable as a zero.

all im saying is  if it happened show me...other wise it shouldnt happen just like anything else related to the game. if it did great makin happen for every tank every shot it takes at a plane..... with all the history on/of ww2 we would have heard about it by now ...dont ya think? if planes did get hit by the flight path of the shell....did the tank aim at the plane and confirm a kill ....NO!

simple,

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2010, 09:08:56 PM »
The simple concept that most of the game is historical except the part you game out?

So you don't want tank guns to be able to down planes.

Simple question: What exactly should be changed? HOW should HTC prevent that?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »

Historical eh?  Which part of Europe are we fighting in in the MA and for which countries?  I'm fairly certain there weren't chess piece countries in world war 2 fighting on maps that Fester made.  Oh and I'm also pretty sure that countries couldn't fly all of their enemy's aircraft...

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post you do realize...