Author Topic: What are offline missions?  (Read 922 times)

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
What are offline missions?
« on: July 28, 2010, 05:18:40 PM »
Are they multi-player? How is it different from the regular offline practice? Do a random collections of planes circle every field as well?

I play online a lot but am new to this aspect.

Thanks

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: What are offline missions?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »
you'll probably get better answers than mine but they are missions created by members where you fly with and against AI drones.  Ranger, in particular, puts some awesome missions together but most of the guys that put them up semi regularly really take the time to make them good and debugged.  I've found they help me a lot with my formation gunnery, ACM, and SA.  Additionally just like the offline mode it doesn't take long once you've been sent back to the tower to start and get back into action (even though you have to start over).  The drones can be tough to beat at first.

My typical night on AH for now is fly offline and shoot down all the planes flying the circle using slashing attacks and so on.  Anything but from six oclock.  Then run a couple of offline missions, then off to the TA for some instruction if someone is available or just get into a mix up with whoever is available. 

Try them I think you'll like them.  Oh and lastly after you've slammed your stick into the wall once or a dozen times don't forget to come back here and thank the guys for their efforts.  <S>
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 04:43:26 PM »
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl :salute :salute
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:47:28 PM by Seadog36 »

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 03:20:56 AM »
It should be noted that some missions are currently bugged. Some missions have points where they warp you after takeoff to the action at a certain altitude, etc. Ranger's Rumble missions seem to work, they're a lot of fun  :aok
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 10:28:16 AM »
one of these threads has a list of working missions I'll look for it when the boss isn't tap dancing behind my desk.  I mean sheesh really... AH is a lot more important than the nonsense he wants.  The man needs to sort out his priorities.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 08:30:03 AM »
Are they multi-player? How is it different from the regular offline practice? Do a random collections of planes circle every field as well?

I play online a lot but am new to this aspect.

Thanks

I just noticed this thread. For the full story on offline missions, here's an article I wrote:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Ah2OfflineMissionsFullPage.htm