Author Topic: town/port grounds  (Read 640 times)

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
town/port grounds
« on: July 31, 2010, 06:23:18 AM »
so now we have the new TE and it has the new fields/towns in it,how do we paint the town ground to match the terrain?
i have tried saving the town ground texture and the TE just crashes,i tried painting it in the TE but it wont let it.
as you can see from these pics they stick out like a sore thumb.the 1st one is the port ground,2nd one the town ground.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: town/port grounds
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 09:31:37 AM »
The town runs off the ntt1001 texture now.  Luckily I was using a ntt1001 custom texture on my last terrain, so it was easy to figure out.  If I'd been using default textures, I'd have never figured it out.

Also, roads must now end at the grid square beside a field, instead of on top of it, or you will get a "Road crosses field" error in the Object Error Report.

:salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 12:19:36 PM »
when i select the ntt1001 texture and hit save texture,i go to the saved tex folder its empty :headscratch:

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 12:27:32 AM »
I just made my own.

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 05:27:29 AM »
this dosent make sense but here it is anyway,the terrain im working on has the towns already in place,
when i tried to save the town ground(ntt1001) the savedtex floder was always empty.so i thought i would try
loading a different terrain that i put back to work on later,it has no fields/towns placed and for some reason there is a bunch of
objects in the list that wasnt showing up in the list of the terrain i was trying to finish,also it let me save the ntt1001 texture.

its not perfect but in blends in better than the default colors did,i dont understand why these are not
paintable in the TE to better match the terrain,they should be. :salute

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »
Paint the terrain texture under towns with "Grass" then the town is blending smoothly to the landscape.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:01:31 PM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment