Author Topic: Error message on game start  (Read 406 times)

Offline bignasdy

• Zinc Member
      • American Veteran Pool Table Service
Error message on game start
« on: July 31, 2010, 07:28:56 AM »
I was playing along just fine, when I left the arena to go to FSO. I actualy totaly left the game, and when i tried to go to online arenas 10 mins later, I get an error message. Its a windows message, and it says, Aces high has encountered a problem and must close....button says end now.
Offline practice works fine though...just get the error as soon as I hit online arenas....
Help!  :confused:
thanx in advance!!  :salute
d

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Error message on game start
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:09:43 AM »
Sounds like some possible corruption in the game config files.  Try renaming the "settings" folder in the game installation directory and see if the problem goes away.

Also, make sure your firewall, if applicable, has not triggered again and is blocking Aces High.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bignasdy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »
well, that would be great, but i cant find anything but the game its self...no files or anything. Im no computer guru. Where the hell do I look>? I did a search to no avail.

thanx
d

Offline bignasdy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 08:09:37 PM »
Roy, let me start over. I was reading a post last week, and it described a symptom i was having. You told the guy to go to start, run, msconfig. Out of curiosity, i did that, and up came the msconfig window, and tabs. I looked at each tab, but didnt change anything. However, when I x'd out of it, a message window came up that said, a restart is neccesary for changes to take efect, restart now or later....I made no changes, so I said later. Before fso, i did a restart, so My joystick wouldnt go nuts as usual, and thats when I could no longer get to online games. I never clicked anything in the msconfig window tabs at all. Also, I have no idea what any of that stuff means, so thats why I left it alone. Im guessing there was a change but I have no idea what...
thanx again
d

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 08:21:30 PM »
do a search for squads  when the file pops up..right click and open containing folder..not just the squads folder..it should open the folder where all ah folders are located,and you can go in..rename your settings folder,like to settings original and try to get ingame with that..hope this helps.

Offline bignasdy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 09:47:20 PM »
I changed it to original settings...low and behold...Im back online! All my settings have changed, bu no problem mapping things again. Thanx a million Falcon, and Skuzzy.
<S>!!  :salute  :salute  :salute  :joystick:

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 11:44:12 PM »
All your old setting are in the file you saved. You should be able to copy and paste them back in.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks