Author Topic: new saitec version blues  (Read 616 times)

-towd_

new saitec version blues
« on: January 10, 2001, 12:19:00 AM »
well i went to directx8 and was tryin to install old saitek drivers and software. seems they wont install withour 7a and 8.0 dosent count .  so i got 2.4 The newest version from their site . now it wont recognize ranger bobs  config file as default . seems it really likes pc dash cause that is all it will use as default . anyone know how to fix this. ?

thanks in advance

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
new saitec version blues
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2001, 07:35:00 AM »
towd

I went back to DX 7.0a and the latest sge from Saitek as 8.0 gave me problems... had to format c: to do it.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

-towd_

new saitec version blues
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2001, 08:14:00 AM »
you have got to be kidding . that really blows i have to do a format again ? did you contact their tech support ? i have had no luck getting it to recognize a standard profile and dx 8 is unremovable from me. so i am betting you are right but man it sucks 4 hours down the drain .

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
new saitec version blues
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2001, 08:39:00 AM »
WOW towd.....gimme your secret!

It takes me about 8 hours from a fresh format to get everything re-installed.

And I am just talking about the basic software.  Heck, it takes 2 hours to get all the updates from the MS site for Windoze,  IE, Mouse, Office....and I got a pretty fast connection to the Internet.  Then Video, Sound card, Joystick.... updates take more time.
Of course, rebooting between all those updates takes the most time, even though my system will reboot in about 15 seconds.

I am impressed you can get it all done in 2 hours.  Please share your secret!

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
http://www.applink.net
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
new saitec version blues
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2001, 08:54:00 AM »
I didn't call support or anything. I was reloading everything anyway (6 month ritual   ) and tried the latest of everything. When AH wouldn't load up, I formatted again(no patience) and installed DX 7.0a with the latest, Saitek, Voodoo V5500, USB drivers and all. Have had zero problems.

gl

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
new saitec version blues
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »

It takes me about 8 hours from a fresh format to get everything re-installed.
It take about 3/4 minutes for me  

I am impressed you can get it all done in 2 hours. Please share your secret!
I'll do but after I'll have to kill you (you wont suffer long as you are a friendly Bish   )

And the answer is : Disk Image on a bootable CD   (the drawback is that you have to make a partition image < 640 Mega Octets)
So it's better to have a 2 partition disk ,1st is Operating System + the minimal tools second is reserved to the rest (games,application,data and so ...I've not said Warez ,Appz ,gamez,MP3...   )
Voila !

[This message has been edited by straffo (edited 01-10-2001).]

-towd_

new saitec version blues
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2001, 09:16:00 AM »
looks like im gonna take it to work at do another clean install but damb !! seems like they could mention that the software dosent work with at least one game. okk well am firing off a tech support letter to them about it . but hi hopes i dont have.
 seems like they are closed for the holidays and wont be reopening till the 27th of december . ( it is jan 10th in texas to the best of my knowledge as this is written ).  

so im gonna post a warning in the gen discussion forum about this .  and ohh yea im pissed

well in answer to your query about a fast reboot . i download all my files with a freeware program called gozzila . it automatialy places all downloaded files in a desktop file marked downloads ( wich it automatialy creates for you.) i have to make a file for each thing i download but it makes you pay enough attentio to it to organize it a little .  so all my drivers ect are in one folder i then burn to a cd on my old reliable 2x ( dont laugh 39 bucks   )  i might mention that me does have one advantage on  98r2 it seems to boot faster hehe and i believe comes with dx7a . you should do it often like eagler but i usualy wait till i have some new screw up in my operating system . this will happen eventualy in windows of any manner  ( jury still our on "me" but if the previous ms products are treated as comparisons make alot of backups )  good lucks

p.s. my computer lives for ah i dont hook up any periferals as i usualy am on the ragged edge of what will run ah well . alot of upgrades hehe but its kind of a hobbie and i sell and upgrade p.c.s for a living at the evil monster circuit city ( Plug into the value sigh) WOW my commision is low .

then you hope to god you dont run into a situation like i have here .    

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
new saitec version blues
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
Towd dont panic ref "now it wont recognize ranger bobs config file as default . seems it really likes pc dash cause that is all it will use as default . anyone know how to fix this. ?"
I had the same thing using DX7 with the new drivers finding some damned PC dash files.
I just spent a few minutes configuring it again as in setting the AH file to be default and no more problems.
Open up your Saitek gaming extensions, find your AH file and right click on it to get the properties and check/alter if it dont look right folder is target etc then save it.
The only other thing i did was edit any item in my AH file and then save that.
Basically i think you just gotta reload the links to previously used Game profiles.
Of course i am still with DX7.0a but otherwise your problem sounds identical to mine.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
new saitec version blues
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2001, 03:03:00 PM »
Yep Cav I am sure your right . Had the same problem once too .

cheers spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro

-towd_

new saitec version blues
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2001, 08:03:00 PM »
went back and started over from format no dx8 for me and 2.3 of satec drivers can wait 1.4 workin great.  

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
new saitec version blues
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2001, 08:31:00 AM »
I believe 214thCavalier is right on track, but I don't have Dx8 to confirm it. I have advised others about getting the profile to work by using the same methods he indicated.

Remember that if all else fails you can just look at what I have programmed for each key and take the time to make up your own Profile with my entries in your new version.

By now you probably have already done a clean format and are back up and running.

If you need the new Version 1.05 profile setup it's out, but they haven't had a chance to post it yet. You can E-mail me if you would like it.

Ranger Bob