Author Topic: 10 Reasons to Fly WW1 Arena  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Yellow39

• Zinc Member
10 Reasons to Fly WW1 Arena
« on: August 01, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »
The REAL purpose  of this topic is to invite more ppl  to come and join our small community  in the WW1 arena !

Top 10 Reasons to fly WW1 arena ...

10) You can use the trees as your allies and actually get kills with them.
9) You can be an altitude monkey , no problem you will break your wings trying to dive on someone.
8) You can HO all you want , no problem either , you wont hit anything from 800 away and if you do , no real damage will be done.
7) You can curse all you want , nobody will pay attention to you.
6) You can crash , collide and literally destroy your plane vs that guy that always kill you and ... yes he will get the kill again.
5) You can hit your opponent with your wheels and actually get a kill. It is a fact.
4) You can kill someone with one shot. You can actually do it .. if you hit the head of the pilot. Chances to happen .. very slim.
3) You don't have to worry about choosing a plane , there is only four available. You don't have to worry about flaps either .. they don't have one.
2) You can actually take off and go kill that guy that killed you 2 minutes ago. Don't worry chances are he will kill you again.
and the best and number ONE reason of all ...
1) You can fly a Dr1 and piss off all the Camel riders.

Cheers .. good luck and have fun in WW1

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: 10 Reasons to Fly WW1 Arena
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 01:41:21 PM »
And you don't have to worry about forgetting to raise your landing gear - because it doesn't.    :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 01:47:58 PM »

1) You can fly a Dr1 like everyone else does.

Fixed.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 02:15:59 PM »
You can use the autpilot there and go get a beer,pizza and a quick smoke before the fight begins.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »
Don't forget alt monkeys are at only 4k.  u can fly at two feet off the ground and wonder why people complain about now being 65 feet.  If u get shot down u can bail run and catch up to the guy that killed you and score a head shot with your .45.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 03:00:46 PM »
Don't forget alt monkeys are at only 4k.  u can fly at two feet off the ground and wonder why people complain about now being 65 feet.  If u get shot down u can bail run and catch up to the guy that killed you and score a head shot with your .45.

Semp

I watched a couple of people loiter at 8-10k and cherry pick, then run home and land 10 kills thinking they actually accomplishing something.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 03:14:52 PM »
I watched a couple of people loiter at 8-10k and cherry pick, then run home and land 10 kills thinking they actually accomplishing something.
in the ww1 arenas?   Most fights in there are between 0-1000 feet.  Rarely do I ever see anyone above 3000 feet......and to cherry pick (aka zoom-boom) is leathal business with the ease that planes sheds wings in there.  When one trys to Z and B in ww1 we are talking typically about just a few hundred feet max vertical seperation.  Not a few thousand.  Anyway...it is possible I guess but totally abnormal if correct. 
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
Dang it I forgot to mention number one reason should really be unlimited ammo/fuel, I have never ran out of either one. Spray and pray is Al encouraged.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Yellow39

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 03:41:07 PM »
nah not everybody flies a Dr1 there ... as a matter of fact some of the top guns there fly a D7 or a Camel and some others like Xcelsior are dam good w the F2b... :bolt:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 04:31:24 PM »
in the ww1 arenas?   Most fights in there are between 0-1000 feet.  Rarely do I ever see anyone above 3000 feet......and to cherry pick (aka zoom-boom) is leathal business with the ease that planes sheds wings in there.  When one trys to Z and B in ww1 we are talking typically about just a few hundred feet max vertical seperation.  Not a few thousand.  Anyway...it is possible I guess but totally abnormal if correct. 

Yep.   This was commonplace of a few folks for damn near the first few weeks.   It was all I could do not to laugh to tears and auger.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 05:00:47 PM »
Was just in the ww1 arena to give it another shot since it's release.  It's no different then the da.  It was called out to everyone about me and another 1v1'ing and still got jumped.  And another side note, I upped a camel and for some odd reason everyone else on all sides was flying the dr1?  Anyway, I got the kill on the dr1 but being swarmed,.... well that's another story.  If any of you know a good time to log on where a fight can happen where it's not interuppted let me know and I'll fly there again.  But for now, I'll stick to ww2.
71 Squadron RAF

Offline meandog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 05:19:17 PM »
so canacka...i guess your gonna tell me that in the ww2 arena(any of them) you have never gotten jumped while in a fight 1 v 1. While numbers are high (roughly 10 or more) there is a little more jumping than usual. I will say this...if me and 1 other goes against say 4 and we gotten em dwn to just 1...sorry for that 1 cuz i coming in to help. Why lose a teammates life after we have defeated 3 of em? But in general the vet stiks in there will not jump in a fight especially after it has been called out.

Come back in there and give it another try. We would love to have you and the rest of the MA in there.

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 01:24:19 AM »
I'd like to add a few reasons why the WW2 players in particular might enjoy spending time in there occassionally  :headscratch:

11. You know how the German pilots in WW2 generally had the edge on Allied pilots when war commenced? It was largely because of their early experience flying gliders (Germany was initially banned from training pilots for the military after WW1, so they embarked on a 'civilian' flying program using gliding clubs to get them up to speed. Turns out that learning the basics this way is a good idea.) I think maybe the a/c in the WW1 arena might serve in a similar way; a great introduction for beginners and something different and simple for the experienced. A cleansing, so to speak, allowing the simplicity to wash away the cobwebs of detail and complexity and reveal the pure essence of the business.

12. ... and if there's nothing new to learn in there then you should clean up  :)

13. The history! An earlier chapter in the great story that is aviation. All these gaming experiences are better if you get your head into them. Personally I fly each sortie in an old leather flying cap and goggles, silk scarf and Snoopy motif underwear (although I had to get ADSL at home, the manager of the internet cafe called the police). Soak it up!

14. And finally, how often do you laugh - actual fits of mirth - when you get nailed in the WW2 arenas? This is like being in a cartoon, c'mon... remember that movie, 'Those Maginficent Men in their Flying Machines'?.... you dive on the Red Baron, he's at your mercy... just a little more back-stick, you start to grey out.... and crack the wings come off and you sit there in your wicker basket seat giving the stick a futile wiggle or two as the remnants of the ridiculous contraption plummets to the ground, the torn appendages mocking you as they flutter slowly earthward in your wake.

15. Great company. Very few take it too seriously, and if they do it only makes it funnier when their wings come off.     
"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong." (Spike Milligan)

Read my WW1 online novel 'Blood and Old Bones' at http://www.ww1sims.com/
A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

SCTusk    ++ SKELETON CREW ++  founde

Offline meandog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 08:59:14 AM »
Tusk...i get this feeling that you might have experienced several bad sorties where your wings ripped off...lol