Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1556 times)

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
Help please
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:09:11 AM »
Ok I downloaded the 100 plane furball and am on the ndisles map but the mission doesn't appear in the practice missions. I have it in the offmiss folder and everything.

Ace
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:28:44 AM »
Well it helps to read instructions, Skuzzy or someone please lock this. Thanks.
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »
Ok I downloaded the 100 plane furball and am on the ndisles map but the mission doesn't appear in the practice missions. I have it in the offmiss folder and everything.

Ace

Same problem here. Neither of the missions I wrote (which have worked with prior versions) show up at all. I've tried all of the usual tricks, but with this version, no success. Zip, zilch, nada.

-Peabody-

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 05:16:28 PM »
Well it helps to read instructions, Skuzzy or someone please lock this. Thanks.

To what instructions do you refer?

-Peabody-

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 05:44:53 PM »
When you download lets say barons battle, you open it and keep doing that till its at the insides of the file, then click on instructions.
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »
Ah. So the "Instructions" are not part of the Aces HIgh software itself, but are dependent upon the individual mission and the author that wrote it, and if Aces HIgh software changes the situation, then the instructions will be WRONG until the author re-writes them.

THOSE instructions?

Thanks.....

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:38:49 PM »
Be patient folks,

The people who build the offline missions are all volunteers that are doing what they can for the whole community and I am grateful for their efforts.  Perhaps, instead of criticizing, everybody line up and help.  I can't speak for HTC or anybody else but, as a person who has tried to build offline missions and failed spectacularly, I truly appreciate the efforts of the people who have succeeded and put this piece of software in the package that makes the OL missions available to us.  There are several offline missions that work right now that will challenge you and are extremely enjoyable.  The people that put their time and effort into building them are doing their best.  I say we support them. 

And, frankly, if if I can load and fly an offline mission with relative ease, I'm somewhat confused if everybody that can walk and chew gum at the same time can't follow simple instructions for loading and flying one.  But that's me and only coming from my perspective.   

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 07:47:55 AM »
Who needs the rest of the offline missions. As long as Runes Rumble 2 works I am happy. Spit's vs 109's. You can't beet that match up!

Here is a vid of the offline play with the current patch. I don't know why, maybe because I play with Max settings and the 2K res pack. When I play I get 80 fps avg. But when I go to Record using fraps and the film viewer. It will drop down to 10 fps in some spots. OUCH!

So here is the vid. I know I am not the worlds best spit driver. I spend most of my time on the Zeeks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDhp-VfNwCs

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 06:30:33 PM »
Be patient folks,...

The people who build the offline missions are all volunteers that are doing what they can for the whole community and I am grateful for their efforts. 
And, frankly, if if I can load and fly an offline mission with relative ease, I'm somewhat confused if everybody that can walk and chew gum at the same time can't follow simple instructions for loading and flying one.  But that's me and only coming from my perspective.   

Dichotomy:  Thanks for trying to help. I'm one of those offline mission authors. I don't know why, but I'm having much more trouble now than with any of the prior releases. None of my old missions will work at all now, including the "Solomon" one that has no warp points. That mission has worked with all prior releases, but not now.  I was just fishing for input from anybody to know if others are suffering the same setback. My new symptom: Neither of my two published missions shows up at all from the offline missions option, even though they both run to completion in the Mission Editor. I'll continue to work on this, but I'm currently at a loss as to what to do....

-Peabody-

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 11:12:38 AM »
None of my old missions will work at all now, including the "Solomon" one that has no warp points. That mission has worked with all prior releases, but not now.  I was just fishing for input from anybody to know if others are suffering the same setback.

I can get Solomon Island to work. But I can only fly as US. It will not let me fly in the Japanese planes. If I try to load in a Japanese flight, I just get shot up on the ground because it is and enemy field.

It works great for the F-6's and the P-38's no problems there

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 06:22:50 PM »
Thanks Capt. Carnage. I appreciate your report that Solomons works for you. I wonder why it won't even show up for me? I must be overlooking something, but I sure can't figure out what it is. I'm running it on an XP machine. You?

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 06:25:16 PM »
I can get Solomon Island to work. But I can only fly as US. It will not let me fly in the Japanese planes. If I try to load in a Japanese flight, I just get shot up on the ground because it is and enemy field.

It works great for the F-6's and the P-38's no problems there

Regarding: flying as Japanese from Kara airfield: You need to change field ownership at Kara to solve this problem. If Kara is owned by the Bishops, then all Japanese planes will have a very difficult time taking off, and the Japanese armada that you see when flying against it (as an American) will be damaged, destroyed, or seriously weakened by the time you ever see it.

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 08:18:17 PM »
Greetings, tried the Solomons mission, planes (all) were shot up at the
respective  fields.  Changed countries, was able to fly all sides (axis &
allies), however, after having shot down 3 jap planes in dogfights my screen FROZE, unable to get out, tried everything but to no avail ... had to switch PC off to get computer to work.

Am staying away from offline missions until EVERYTHING is fixed &
working ... just an update on hazards involved.

I'm on Vista 2.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 08:20:19 PM by Happy1 »

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 08:01:55 AM »
I wonder why it won't even show up for me? I must be overlooking something, but I sure can't figure out what it is. I'm running it on an XP machine. You?

One thing I am noticing. The missions that will work for me have only the "mission.res." files. Not once have I put any thing in the offmiss folder. When ever I try and rebuild an older version of a mission with warp points. Take them out. Then try and build the res library. It just puts info in the offmiss folder, like a "mission.mis" file. Nothing gets put into the missres. Maybe this has something to do with it. I duno, I am just finding out that there were off line missions in this game and I have been playing offline for years now! :joystick:

PS I run this game on a vista pro machine. Soon to be a Windows 7 machine.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 05:46:31 PM »
Thanks CaptCarnage. I just tested your theory by eliminating everything in my "offmiss" folder. No go. On my XP system, I still don't see my Solomon mission. I appreciate you putting forward a theory, because I'm [still] out of ideas. Glad to know the mission still shows up for some folks. Don't yet know why it doesn't show up for me. Same for my New Guinea mission.

Mystified....