Author Topic: Collision: how is / should this scenario be scored?  (Read 5205 times)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Re: Collision: how is / should this scenario be scored?
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2010, 09:39:16 AM »
I suggest that anyone getting a fatal collision on their screen should stop receiving any position data from the plane they collided with. They should just see an animation of the other plane also plummeting down, or simply black out with a concussion. This would stop the whining, and the real other plane, that did not collide at his end, could keep on flying and playing without being accused of a collision. :)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2010, 11:37:26 AM »
A few weeks ago OG (then named Bruno or Pruno) was boasting on 200 about "finally having exposed me as a LIAR" when I tried to explain the concept of lag an the resulting different realities on our screens.  :lol

thats been bugging me for a while, this pruno guy has one of the worst attitudes ive seen in AH and I knew I recognised his particular brand of bile. just couldnt remember his old callsign. OG, of course. particularly enjoyed his unprovoked rant to Lute and Saber a coupla weeks back about how WMs were traitors and should leave knits and never come back. classy. :rolleyes:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2010, 02:14:02 PM »
Bullet you are saying that you wish to die every time you collide with an airplane?

HiTech

I don't think he said that.  He said when two objects hit, no matter the reason. both take some degree of damage.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »
I don't think he said that.  He said when two objects hit, no matter the reason. both take some degree of damage.

yeah, and that doesn't make any sense in the virtual world, as time and space vary between computers...

So HiTech's question stands...

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2010, 02:29:18 PM »

At the end of a day its a game we collide we can start again not like a lot of poor WW2 veterans that collided in the air they can never start again that is why i say if they both collide so be it we blow up or both go down  or bail out at the end of the you can start your sortie again unlike some of the brave men who cant :)  :salute
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »
At the end of a day its a game we collide we can start again not like a lot of poor WW2 veterans that collided in the air they can never start again that is why i say if they both collide so be it we blow up or both go down  or bail out at the end of the you can start your sortie again unlike some of the brave men who cant :)  :salute

Bullet you have been way off base and trying to eat your cake and and keep it. Because you want something that is physically impossible. And also you change topic at any question and then speak about multiple issues so again I ask.

1. If you see a plane fly by you at 50 yards, do you then wish to die in a collision? Don't say only if they both collide that is not the question. Don't say I want the other guy to die in when we collide that is not the question.

The question really is a yes or no question. Do you wish to die when you see a plane fly by you 50 yards away?

2. If you see your self collide with a plane do you wish to DIE EVERY time it happens. Don't speak about other planes, I'M only ask what you wish would happen to YOU and YOU only.

What happens to anyone else I really am not interested in. I only want to know what happens to you and you alone.

These really are 2 simple yes or no questions.

HiTech

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2010, 03:39:13 PM »
Bullet you have been way off base and trying to eat your cake and and keep it. Because you want something that is physically impossible. And also you change topic at any question and then speak about multiple issues so again I ask.

1. If you see a plane fly by you at 50 yards, do you then wish to die in a collision? Don't say only if they both collide that is not the question. Don't say I want the other guy to die in when we collide that is not the question.

The question really is a yes or no question. Do you wish to die when you see a plane fly by you 50 yards away?

2. If you see your self collide with a plane do you wish to DIE EVERY time it happens. Don't speak about other planes, I'M only ask what you wish would happen to YOU and YOU only.

What happens to anyone else I really am not interested in. I only want to know what happens to you and you alone.

HiTech

How do bullets score strikes.  Are they not colliding with the aircraft?  When talking about two objects.  Being with each others damage spear or bubble  wouldn’t both take damage?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »

HiTech

1 50 yards is not collision its enough of a gap to fly a formation of B17's Through. So Nope  No Die

2 if collision does happen then heck why the hell not die straight off its the quickest way back to the hanger and as i said why moan we can start all over again cant we it ain't like you die for real or get electric shocks through yer head phones is it. Every time you die.

But even if i collide and the other player doesn't collide if you say that what's on my screen is different to the other guys screen. Cant the collision detection show him blow up on my screen but he stay alive to fight  while i blow up or fall to the ground in tiny bits of aircraft. ??????

P.S sorry if you feel that i aint listening but i am im just not glued to the forum's like some other player's are Bud  :salute

Oh and Hitech if you dont want my opinions or arnt willing to let me get a better understanding of the game and its works why dont you ban me from the General Forum's  ;) It seems to me that when you try to put your 2 cents in or ask if it can be done you  :-

1 either get picked on

2 people don't
understand what you are asking or post thus they tend to get all silent abusive with you.

3 Do anything to put you down instead of trying to help other's understand the full picture ( REMEMBER YOU AINT GOING TO BE ON THIS EARTH    FOREVER ARE YOU YOU SHOULD BE HELPING THE NEW PLAYERS TO UNDERSTAND NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS. )

4 And you constantly run in to people who think they are all high and mighty just because they sit at a computer desk and punch a few keys and drink coffee all day When they have never even done a days hard graft or got their pretty manicured finger's dirty.

You know i cant wait for the day to come when were going to have to destroy all computer's in the world as they will be taken over the world ( Not to happen in my lifetime :lol )
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:53:53 PM by BulletVI »

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2010, 05:03:09 PM »

1 50 yards is not collision its enough of a gap to fly a formation of B17's Through. So Nope  No Die

2 if collision does happen then heck why the hell not die straight off its the quickest way back to the hanger and as i said why moan we can start all over again cant we it ain't like you die for real or get electric shocks through yer head phones is it. Every time you die.

But even if i collide and the other player doesn't collide if you say that what's on my screen is different to the other guys screen. Cant the collision detection show him blow up on my screen but he stay alive to fight  while i blow up or fall to the ground in tiny bits of aircraft. ??????

P.S sorry if you feel that i aint listening but i am im just not glued to the forum's like some other player's are Bud  :salute

Oh and Hitech if you dont want my opinions or arnt willing to let me get a better understanding of the game and its works why dont you ban me from the General Forum's  ;) It seems to me that when you try to put your 2 cents in or ask if it can be done you  :-

1 either get picked on

2 people don't
understand what you are asking or post thus they tend to get all silent abusive with you.

3 Do anything to put you down instead of trying to help other's understand the full picture ( REMEMBER YOU AINT GOING TO BE ON THIS EARTH    FOREVER ARE YOU YOU SHOULD BE HELPING THE NEW PLAYERS TO UNDERSTAND NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS. )

4 And you constantly run in to people who think they are all high and mighty just because they sit at a computer desk and punch a few keys and drink coffee all day When they have never even done a days hard graft or got their pretty manicured finger's dirty.

You know i cant wait for the day to come when were going to have to destroy all computer's in the world as they will be taken over the world ( Not to happen in my lifetime :lol )

Bullet there have been many people trying to help you understand including me. But you have shown no desire to learn.

HiTech

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2010, 05:36:38 PM »
Sorry you feel that way but i let you in on a fact about me. Due to head injuries i received in a car crash around 3 years back i now don't have the ability to take all new info in i also forget some of what i have read before i get the chance to respond in full. Sorry if this is a nuisance to you but i cant help it when a drunk lorry driver crashes into my car.  :(  Cripe's i had learn how to play a flight sim all over again and how to do other thing's :(

Offline Baggy

• Copper Member
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2010, 05:41:04 PM »

Edit: But having read the above post, I apologise for any offense Bullet.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 05:58:23 PM by Baggy »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2010, 07:22:50 PM »
now dont get me wrong the team at aces high II have done a great job of creating and modeling aircraft within aces high II. But there is one point i would like to point out to them. that is from some of the later war aircraft i.e the tempest the typhoon the P-51 and a few others. now the flight models are great but i feel that the aces team have forgotten one factor about these aircraft.and that is that a typhoon will only start to outclimb a Spit 8 or zero in a 1000 feet per minute climb but above that it wont in real life due to power to weight ratio's of the aircraft. the tempest is heavier than the spit 8 an zero so thus if it climbs more than 1000 feet per minute it looses speed. this is due to a physics factor that i believe they havent forgoten but have kept the same for every aircraft within the game. And that physics factor is GRAVITY. Basics physics dictates that a 1kg object needs 3 times its weight to counteract gravity. now thats a basic rule that all aircraft designers have lived by. and again physics dictates that the heavier the object the more power it needs to overcome gravity at a more accute angle. so i ask can a tempest out clime a spit 8 or a zero at a climb angle of 75 degrees for more than 30 seconds i dont thinkso and im a trained air frames engineer. i also accept that computers and servers and progams wont give you the exact realism you need in a game but sureley even thats not possible with computer programing.

so i would like your opinion on this please as i believe this to be an opened minded subject free to all opinions <Salute> All

First you state you're a "air frames engineer".

Then your father is one.

Now you have a head injury as an excuse? After I simply tell you like it is that in this very thread many people have been trying to help you understand. Stop arguing and start asking questions.

HiTech

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
Bullet that knife cuts both ways.

If your going to post in a thread then you must suffer the slings and arrows that result from that post.
If your not willing to put up with the slings and arrows then don't say anything.

Also, I didn't see anyone pick on you, or freeze you out.

In fact 3 times in this thread I have tried my absolute level best to educate you.
But you refuse to learn. You refuse to accept what anyone else says is true.
And you refuse to get pinned down on the subject.
When people try to point out where your mistaken you try to change the subject or play the pity card.

Sorry but that doesn't work here.
If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2010, 09:28:27 PM »
First you state you're a "air frames engineer".

Then your father is one.

Now you have a head injury as an excuse? After I simply tell you like it is that in this very thread many people have been trying to help you understand. Stop arguing and start asking questions.

HiTech

I accept what you have said HiTech
And i am just giving you the truth for why you and a few other's think i don't listen.

Hitech I like my father am an airframes engineer only like the little boy who idolised his father i obviously followed in his footstep's. And i am not lying about the Head injury's i received in a Car crash 3 years ago. I still see the Lorry ( Semi truck to American's ) Head light's coming straight for me every night. In fact even a simple head on collision in the game can trigger the memory's of that night. Now i try not to let it hamper me or use it as an excuse as i am not like that i try to pick up and go. But with things like if i read the newspaper by the time i have read the first line of the Story i have forgotten the title. Just like by the first time i have finished my first sentence in a post  i have forgotten what the last post said. Even scrolling down the page to look at the previous post by the time i write another sentence its Gone again. My long term memory is somewhat OK but short term is bad. And now i am destined to live the rest of my life with this and believe me it hurt's me as if i meet you all one day i am sure we would all automatically be real good friend's. Heck HiTech i even forget that you built and designed the game. But please do accept that at the moment thing's are bad for me.
All i ask is that if people can bear with me as after a month or more i can remember thing's like this topic and what has been discussed more clearly

Thankyou

Now if anyone fails to believe me i can post my medical file's for all to see.
 :salute :salute All and please do have a nice day :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:36:03 PM by BulletVI »

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »
Bullet that knife cuts both ways.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

A regular OH God whats his face ??? :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: UMMMM

Oh Yeah  A regular Gordon Ramsey here :lol

And P.S i never ask nor need pity thats what a mother give's to her 8 year old child.  :mad: