Author Topic: Is this what you wanted HTC?  (Read 10008 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is this what you wanted HTC?
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2010, 08:15:23 AM »
Lulu did u drink potion #9?. 

Semp
Worse than that, he's trying to make sense...and in English no less.

We need a gibberish translation expert on this discussion, the nonsense is getting worse.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2010, 08:57:51 AM »
Just so I've got this straight - this is the sort of skill-oriented, less horde-y, more like the old days action the recent changes have moved the game back to?

(Image removed from quote.)

'Cause it looks like the same old giant dweeb horde dogpile on one country to me, but I've only been here a couple of years, so what do I know, right?   :rolleyes:

NO NO NO....its only a horde when the BISH are doing it, not Rooks or Nits...then they call it COMBAT!!
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2010, 09:17:18 AM »
Four Corsairs to choose from.
HONK!
Gooss
Ummmm… F4U-1, F4U-1A, F4U-1C, F4U-1D, F4U-4… I count five.  How many toes does a goose have?

I also see hope because I'd wager that 98% of the people who play the game could not care less what their score is. 
I’ve been watching my score closely this tour.  Like the income tax code or a bonus plan, it can be manipulated. 

Score is not something that justifies playing the game.  It is another aspect of it.  To make it one’s top priority seems to make the game more like work, though.

Worse than that, he's trying to make sense...and in English no less.
Don’t pick on lulu.  There are a lot of guys with more nonsensical posts despite having English as a first language.  There’s a bunch of guys out there that spell ‘color’ with a ‘u.’ 

This game has become a shell of what it used to be. I have been flying this game since 2000, less and less often as time goes buy. It doesn't suprise me why those that leave do. What Happened?
Back to the OP, HTC is not completely responsible for player behavior.  As individuals, we are our own keepers.  I know that I slip in and out of ‘honorable’ play.

The tactics and finesse that you miss, JB42, will occur even less often if guys like you bail out of the game.  Is this irony?  (Seriously, I can never figure out irony.) 

I encourage you to stick with the game and try to influence its direction. 
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline GradeyShane

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2010, 10:42:26 AM »
I honestly try to keep the game fairly honorable.  I am indeed a new player (played a few months around 2006 then have been back for about a year now).  That said, some of the most asinine tactics and bunghole moves I've had pulled on me were by the old timers.  I dont really have a lot of respect for the guys who like to speak with each other with respect but when it comes to someone they dont know or feel are newer players its anything goes.

I wont call anyone in particular out but the old timers should think about that as I think you can be a part of the problem.  Granted some folks will be bellybutton knuckles regardless...but most of us are looking to you older players for the lead on what "is" and "is not" the acceptable behavior for the arenas.  And of course, its not an all inclusive thing..there are some goods and bads from old players, new players, etc.  Just think about YOUR behavior and how it impacts the players who we are playing with.  If you are doing what you want done to you then what else can you do really?
Snowbird Knight fighter

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2010, 01:08:07 PM »

Dang thats a long to be playing this game. You'd think you be better at it.  :O

Realdeal

Hmmm I played and coached and officiated football, but I don't now I wonder if "age" has something to do with that???  When you are 67 come tell me how good a stick you are  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2010, 01:16:44 PM »
Just so I've got this straight - this is the sort of skill-oriented, less horde-y, more like the old days action the recent changes have moved the game back to?

'Cause it looks like the same old giant dweeb horde dogpile on one country to me, but I've only been here a couple of years, so what do I know, right?   :rolleyes:

Actually if this was from yesterday at one point I spent a little time flying to A45 from A41 flying for the time as a Knight and I have to say considering that V46 was also Knight at the time the defense at A45 was quite spirited.  While I was there the numbers on radar were more or less even and the fights were stacked from probably 12-15k down to the deck.  The fight was close to A45 but the ack was keeping vulchers at bay, which gave people time to lift off and grab south or attack the incoming tanks, meanwhile more were coming in from A47 to the southeast with alt. 

I typically was coming in between 6-7k and more often than not quickly found myself in more trouble than I could handle. This was a fight that was going on for quite awhile.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2010, 01:37:33 PM »
That was fun soulyss even with the bishops having they 7-8 buff raids to kill hangars several times.  And then they used about 3/4 of all bishops logged late at night for one fighter sweep which gave us lots of kills :).

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »
First, semp, I have been Rook forever, please get your info correct before you try to insult me.  :confused:

I have been on everyday (except Sunday) for the last week and I have made a few observations:

1) Small maps consist of 3 huge battles, Rook v. Bish, Bish v. Knit, Knit v. Rook. The fights were over the same 3 bases and remained there for the duration of my online time. I admit there were a few diversionary attacks, but nothing that changed the map..............at all.

2) Large maps consist of a TT/FT fight and 3 huge battles, Rook v. Bish, Bish v. Knit, Knit v. Rook. The fights were over the same 3 bases and remained there for the duration of my online time. I admit there were a few diversion attacks, and a few were actually succesful, but after the base capture, the majority of the flyer fell back into the fold of the numbers.

Perhaps I observed an odd week, but I couldn't help asking myself, if HTC wanted the game to be this, why bother having base captures? Why bother having factories or zone bases? Hell, why bother having HQ? I knew where the enemy was. They were over the same two Rook bases the entire time i was logged on. For all intents and purposes, couldn't what now is happening be achieved with 6 bases?

I understand the concept of change, however I question change for the sake of change. I remember "back in the day" the epic battles between the JBz and the squads like Freebirds, Blue Knights, Arabian Knights and the 80th. 10 -12 of them with 6-8 of us defending. Small, managable engagements. Some we won, some we lost.

Out of time for the moment, will continue reply when possible.
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »
The game is the same, just better. The difference is the folks playing.

Seems like everyone is trying to shoot me.... hmmm
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2010, 03:28:04 PM »
I remember "back in the day" the epic battles between the JBz and the squads like Freebirds, Blue Knights, Arabian Knights and the 80th.
Back in those days there was plenty of complaining going on.  Just like this post.  Nothing has changed in that regard.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2010, 03:45:29 PM »
First, semp, I have been Rook forever, please get your info correct before you try to insult me.  :confused:

I have been on everyday (except Sunday) for the last week and I have made a few observations:

1) Small maps consist of 3 huge battles, Rook v. Bish, Bish v. Knit, Knit v. Rook. The fights were over the same 3 bases and remained there for the duration of my online time. I admit there were a few diversionary attacks, but nothing that changed the map..............at all.

2) Large maps consist of a TT/FT fight and 3 huge battles, Rook v. Bish, Bish v. Knit, Knit v. Rook. The fights were over the same 3 bases and remained there for the duration of my online time. I admit there were a few diversion attacks, and a few were actually succesful, but after the base capture, the majority of the flyer fell back into the fold of the numbers.

Perhaps I observed an odd week, but I couldn't help asking myself, if HTC wanted the game to be this, why bother having base captures? Why bother having factories or zone bases? Hell, why bother having HQ? I knew where the enemy was. They were over the same two Rook bases the entire time i was logged on. For all intents and purposes, couldn't what now is happening be achieved with 6 bases?

I understand the concept of change, however I question change for the sake of change. I remember "back in the day" the epic battles between the JBz and the squads like Freebirds, Blue Knights, Arabian Knights and the 80th. 10 -12 of them with 6-8 of us defending. Small, managable engagements. Some we won, some we lost.

Out of time for the moment, will continue reply when possible.

I think it is starting to turn around.

The old days had battles that lasted hours between squads that were rivals, and more people respected that. Many a time you'd see another squad join the fight, but they would work the next base over to split the attack/defense. Todays players are to use to just rolling one base after another. They will need some time to learn how to use strategy and to move around furballs and such.

In Loki's picture it looked like there were a couple of great fights going, Souls pointed out that nobody could get the upper hand. GVs were involved, buffs, fighters at all alts, what more could you ask for? Oh yaa, that big "win the war" thing. It's a game people have fun playing.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2010, 04:47:50 PM »
I've been taking a break, although my subscription stays paid in case I want to come back. Right now, I just don't have the desire.

As far as it goes, the functional part of the product has improved over time. It works better, at least for the most part, and it looks better.

But we'll ever see the real community that existed years ago. Part of that is due to attrition, part of it is due to the change in game mechanics, and part of it is due to generational changes in society.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2010, 04:56:40 PM »
I'm still waiting for the first post blaming it on Global Warming :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2010, 06:06:10 PM »
Global Warming weakend the main spring in my joystick and now I can't hold the nose still long enough to shoot anyone down, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa. :cry

Feel better now..... :cheers:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2010, 06:50:55 PM »

'Cause it looks like the same old giant dweeb horde dogpile on one country to me, but I've only been here a couple of years, so what do I know, right?   :rolleyes:

:rofl  Shame on you and how dare you see it too!!  
Thats exactley where it is now, it was like that in the other arena as well, just terrible.  
I went rook, they had a base right next to the strats and HQ,  3 of us (all three of us were noobs) took out the HQ thus the radar of the nits with only 2 guys defending it, or at least trying.  There was no desire to even maintain any sort of fight on knit and rook front especially that close to the strats and HQ.   :rolleyes:

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."