Author Topic: Is this what you wanted HTC?  (Read 10074 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Is this what you wanted HTC?
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2010, 02:06:14 PM »

Thanks for the clarification, and not to say that you dont do what you say, but I have seen many say they do just that and go to the "no green dar" side but actually dont.  You can find them in the two full red dars though.

I have been flying the same way since tour 52,  I wont say 100% of the time I am against the hoard, a lot of times it will be a few friendlies and before ya know it, we are at their base and we become the hoard ( I truly hate that).  many many times in that situation if I can switch sides, I do, and will the fight the guys I was just giving out chk6 to, which really pisses some people off  :rofl

I  also like to go to the base the nme hoard is rolling from and come in with ALT, and end up on the deck fighting 10 plus nme.

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2010, 07:30:34 PM »
Now that the bases are harder to take, maybed we can get rid of that rats nest of radar circles and return to normal without a lot of carebear tears.

+1

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2010, 08:54:54 PM »
And so on... Flots, I think MY beef (not speaking for anyone but myself) with the OP has nothing to do with what you postulate here but rather 2 things:

1. a lack of specificity - he makes a general gripe but doesn't isolate ANYTHING actionable. If we are to admonish HTC to improve the game, let's give him something he can do - not some ambiguous complaint about "it just doesn't feel right". Admittedly, this is harder than it seems. Trust me on this - my company, for one example, has spent countless hours and dollars trying to figure out why the competition has a higher quality look, feel or other better attribute. We talk about a cascade from general perception to specific, quantifiable attribute.

In short, translate to something a technical person can understand and you're much more likely to get a result. Try going into any car dealership, if you want a simple example, and telling them, "my car doesn't feel right." Compare that result to going in and saying "I need new brake pads".

For example, the OP's comment about "twins outflying fighters" - what does that mean? Does he have some specific complaint about the flight model or is this just some anecdotal abservation that was mor e illustrative of a disparity in pilot skill than anything else?

2. It also seems that the OP has a failure of imagination if he posits some barbarian mass of pilots and cannot see that as an opportunity. That he does not strikes me as tantamount to running up the white flag - admitting he's beaten.

There's more - like how does playing for unlimited time hurt immersion? I suspect it's more like RL that you're not scrambling to get into a fight just to save dollars. I get a very strong impression that, life on the line, RL pilots are much less eager to get into a scrap of uncertain advantage.

And so on...

I don't know that anyone is trying to duck a spirited and thoughtful discussion here but I'm waiting for the OP to provide some examples of specifics to go with his generally full-diapered "argument".

Agreed, clairity of thought from the OP would add a level of demenssion to this conversation that is currently lacking. well spoken!

<<S>>
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2010, 09:37:23 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:12:05 AM by hitech »
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2010, 10:12:08 PM »
I'll lay you 10 to 1 odds that you're wrong on that front...
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2010, 10:13:57 PM »
Gosh I hope you're right.
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
On this I'm pretty sure. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
See rule #4.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:12:34 AM by hitech »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2010, 11:13:34 PM »
See rule #4.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:13:07 AM by hitech »

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
See rule #4.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:13:24 AM by hitech »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2010, 11:33:23 PM »
I bow to your greatness all I have left in my bag of pretty much empty is

;)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »
I totally agree with JB42 <S>. It's relative noobies and pandering to them and furballers. When you said put a quarter in i laughed caused that's exactly what i think AH is...  an arcade game. I could see that when they came out with the silly ww1 arena. But like tonight it's not even that. With a 29 ENY in one arena and not able to go into the other arena, the only choice is to quit. Almost everyone flies the late arenas. I don't know the use of the early or mid arenas. A lot of good my $14.95 is. 59 quarters to pull the plunger and watch the ball. Need to change my hit sounds to "ding-ding".

To be fair, graphics wise I am impressed with the new towns and fields. I don't mind them being harder cause that just takes more teamwork. (something the knights need to re-learn)   :salute
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »
I bow to your greatness all I have left in my bag of pretty much empty is

(Image removed from quote.)

;)

You are too kind, sir.  Just a humble attempt to save us from whining........one whine at a time.  So much energy expended on trivia.....such a pity.

By the way, nice animation!  Are you the author?

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2010, 05:49:31 AM »
to Dichotomy,

:rofl   

mobilis in mobile

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2010, 07:25:44 AM »
When you said put a quarter in i laughed caused that's exactly what i think AH is...  an arcade game. I could see that when they came out with the silly ww1 arena.

After the enthusiasm over that new idea, that arcade sure flopped.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"