Author Topic: Car Problems  (Read 641 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Car Problems
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 03:55:29 PM »
there's some grounds on the thermostat housing too, along with one on the valve cover.

Don't even get me started on (older-model) honda thermostats, grounds, housings and all, a pox on them!  :D 
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 04:02:02 PM »
well this is the third day in a row now that I've had 0 problems what so ever  :headscratch:

I guess I'll play the waiting game with it and when it does mess up I'll try the stuff you guys have suggested.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 04:09:21 PM »
well this is the third day in a row now that I've had 0 problems what so ever  :headscratch:

I guess I'll play the waiting game with it and when it does mess up I'll try the stuff you guys have suggested.

Hopefuly it won't be at an inconvenient moment for you though.  Is there a simple test or visual check he can perform on the relay in its current state to see if it looks good or potentialy faulty, or do ya really just have to wait for it to fail?

kinda funny thing here. i have a 93 acura legend out in the shop. basically a honda. came in for a no start/no crank. bad starter. put it in, fire the engine up, perfectly. button everything up, take it down off the lift, crank........no start. WTF??   i punched the dash right at the hood release(that's where the main relay is on these) and she fired right up. it's raining too BTW.

Twas probabley a decent starter to begin with until the owner kept attemting to start the car too much due to the bad relay.  Honda starters don't really take a beating or much abuse to go, I've had to replace a couple that went bad due to another problem.
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »
Hopefuly it won't be at an inconvenient moment for you though.  Is there a simple test or visual check he can perform on the relay in its current state to see if it looks good or potentialy faulty, or do ya really just have to wait for it to fail?

Twas probabley a decent starter to begin with until the owner kept attemting to start the car too much due to the bad relay.  Honda starters don't really take a beating or much abuse to go, I've had to replace a couple that went bad due to another problem.

nah.....the starter is seized inside. he drove it through what he calls a puddle. the rest of us call it part of the bay.

unfortunately, there is no visual test to do on the relay. his options are the tap test when it acts up, or to pre-emptively replace it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »
nah.....the starter is seized inside. he drove it through what he calls a puddle. the rest of us call it part of the bay.

unfortunately, there is no visual test to do on the relay. his options are the tap test when it acts up, or to pre-emptively replace it.

:rofl  might be my lil brothers long lost twin there.

Understood about the relay, I hate car issues like that.

-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
:rofl  might be my lil brothers long lost twin there.

Understood about the relay, I hate car issues like that.

Me to lol. I'm not taking it out of town untill I figure out whats wrong with it. I'm not taking that risk lol
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?