Author Topic: re Bof B  (Read 477 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
re Bof B
« on: August 15, 2010, 06:28:55 AM »
I put this in here as no one seems to look in special events general.

I reckon we desperately need an early war German medium bomber (Heinkel or Dornier) for the B of B scenario which is arguably the most important air campaign in history. The ju88 is too fast and unrepresentative the JU87 is better but still only represents a fraction of the bomber force.

I hope this becomes a priority in the near future  :pray
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:33:04 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
Re: re Bof B
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 06:58:53 AM »
I put this in here as no one seems to look in special events general.

I reckon we desperately need an early war GermaN medium bomber (Heinkel or Dornier) for the B of B scenario which is arguably the most important air campaign in history. The ju88 is too fast and unrepresentative the JU87 is better but still only represents a fraction of the bomer force.

I hope this becmes a priority in the near future  :pray

QFT    :pray

The Few GFC

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 11:27:59 AM »
I agree.  Need the He-111 and the Do-17z and also the D0-217.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 11:30:34 AM »
+1. We also need the Betty bomber. I dont like chasing down Ju88s in a P40B.
Strokes

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 03:36:15 PM »
Didn't we used to be able to do something like pork fuel or maint at a base so something like the Ju wouldn't get as good performance out of its engines, or am I misremembering?
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 03:40:27 PM »
I am not a fan of German airplanes and will avoid flying them if at all possible.  However I do agree especially in light of the various scenarios the Axis planeset could use some new platforms.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 04:04:11 PM »
Didn't we used to be able to do something like pork fuel or maint at a base so something like the Ju wouldn't get as good performance out of its engines, or am I misremembering?
Used to be able to pork fuel to limit aircraft range

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 06:08:08 PM »
How about the me 410 destroyer??????

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 05:04:54 AM »
I am not a fan of German airplanes and will avoid flying them if at all possible.  However I do agree especially in light of the various scenarios the Axis planeset could use some new platforms.

Unfortunately if this comes to a vote I cant see many voting for a German Bomber that wont be used in the MA. In the abscence of a representative aircraft I think B of B would be better just using the Stuka but have 50;50 sides for fighters and a further 20 for the stuka so Germans v British (and all the other nationalities eg commonwelath plpolish etc) around  70:50.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 05:26:18 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 06:14:08 AM »
personaly i think the he111 should be brought to the game,it is need for early  war and for special events.OK  so
it wont be great in the late MA but hell id still fly it i love the plane and it looks quite sweet in a german sort of way
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin