Author Topic: Flying Backwards??  (Read 520 times)

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
Flying Backwards??
« on: August 15, 2010, 06:00:03 PM »
I was in a Ki84 in a high altitude fight with LippyCH and his K4.
After a nice fight he managed to put a tater on my tail.

So there i was floating around towards the deck with no tail when i cut throttle to see if someone could kill the K4 before i hit ground.

Suddenly I just leveled of and started flying backwards and faster. Then i started to climb. Still idle throttle.
I then started to run the film just to make sure it was not all the beers I had been drinking  :o
I finally stalled out again and went strait down to the ground.
If you can see the airfield in the film thats were i started flying backwards.

flyingbackwards.ahf

The Few GFC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Flying Backwards??
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 10:35:59 PM »
It looks like you were flying backwards alright. You also climbed as you came out of the bottom just before diving again. It is probably a very accurate portrayal of the forces at work and I wish you had more film of it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 05:48:22 AM »
Wee maybe you are right but that is a looong way to be level and flying backwards.

I usually dont film at all unless something strange happens. And now I was laughing so hard that i forgot to start the film earlier. :D

But it seem to me that this should not be able to happen like this. That airfield is a long way back.

:salute

The Few GFC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 02:53:04 PM »
If you notice at the point you advance the throttle it all comes to an end. The same would have been true if you had hit the ailerons. You were not really level but describing an arc through the air and once your momentum came to a halt you went nose first. More film would demonstrate that.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »
You could be right, but I just never heard of any plane behaving like this  :uhoh

The Few GFC

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »
Something with the tail damage patch seemed to change something. Yes I know, that sentance doesnt help much. :)

Here is a good one for you. Might enjoy this Chalenge, full film.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/la7_landed_no_stab_0603.ahf

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:19:54 PM »
You could be right, but I just never heard of any plane behaving like this  :uhoh

I have seen one tail boom failure that was pretty close to the same thing. I hope I dont ever see that again even though no one was hurt that time.