Author Topic: It has finally set in....  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
Re: It has finally set in....
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
99.999% of the people here..including me..would jump..or tell someone to jump..into the SB and sink the carrier...immediately.  if that's not understood here...yeah..the game must have changed.

If they weren't going for the town, bombarding the base, vulching or trying to pork, I personally wouldn't.  But then again, I've got that furball looking for a good fight mentality.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:05:42 AM by Hawk55 »
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 09:09:28 AM »
The game is what you make of it.  In other words: If you aren't having fun, and cannot manage to make any fun, then you probably need to move on to other things.  If you get lonely and miss the game you will return, with a slightly evolved view of things, or not.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 09:12:22 AM »
Blooz summed it up nicely...

From my perspective your comment shows just how much the game has changed and how your attitude contributes to it.

Basically your capping an enemy field with your carrier ack and have a 2-1+ advantage so all is good? Reads as we had a good thing going and were to buzy semi vulching the uppers to protect our carrier. Some guy in a set of buffs saw what was going on and upped to take out the CV capping the field. I didn't want to give up my chance for some easy kills and the other guys wouldn't do there job of clearing my 6 and/or protecting the carrier so the guy sunk the CV and now I may actually have to earn my kills so I'm pissed the other guys let this buff driver piss in my cheerios...

No mobile cap device and no more ack to run to as I see it....  Remind me to not eat Cheerios at his house from now on..   :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 09:44:48 AM »

It was just the one player that felt the need to sink the carrier and end the fun

He ended your fun because he probably wasn't having any fun.

He upped bombers and had some fun of his own.

Might be time to change your thinking that "your fun" isn't the only fun to be had.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline meandog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 10:10:38 AM »
I understand 100% what ya saying grumpy. You can have the only fight on the map being a cv and a base and someone is gonna sink the cv. Now if the cv brids are taking the field I see no problem with the cv sinking...part of the game. Try to come in the WW1 arena grumpy. Ain't nothing but killing and dieing gong on in there.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 10:14:46 AM »
well said blooz.  It seems like it should be obvious doesn't it.  Still, we should carry our brothers over their difficulties.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »
So Grumpy likes the furball and that's his idea of fun. Then someone who was getting owned in the dogfights sinks Grumpy's funboat, which was probably fun to the boat sinker. Now Grumpy isn't having any fun.

No offense Grumpy, but that sounds like a personal problem brought on by a lack of proper perspective. Inflexibility, failure to look beyond the horizon, inability to see beyond ones private walls, assigning responsibility of ones happiness to others...that's where all the "this isn't fun anymore" attitudes and subsequent whines originate.

Sometimes I wonder how many "old timers" around here are still wearing their polyester leisure suits, cowboy boots and mullets as stuck in the past as some appear to be.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 11:24:45 AM »
So Grumpy likes the furball and that's his idea of fun. Then someone who was getting owned in the dogfights sinks Grumpy's funboat, which was probably fun to the boat sinker. Now Grumpy isn't having any fun.

No offense Grumpy, but that sounds like a personal problem brought on by a lack of proper perspective. Inflexibility, failure to look beyond the horizon, inability to see beyond ones private walls, assigning responsibility of ones happiness to others...that's where all the "this isn't fun anymore" attitudes and subsequent whines originate.

Sometimes I wonder how many "old timers" around here are still wearing their polyester leisure suits, cowboy boots and mullets as stuck in the past as some appear to be.
:aok  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 11:30:31 AM »
He ended your fun because he probably wasn't having any fun.

He upped bombers and had some fun of his own.

Might be time to change your thinking that "your fun" isn't the only fun to be had.

And the fun does not stop there! 
You can up fighters to kill the bombers trying to kill the CV...Fun!
You can up fighters to kill the fighters trying to kill the bombers trying to kill the CV...Fun!
You can attack the base that upped fighters trying to kill the fighters trying to kill the bombers trying to kill the CV...Fun!

And round she goes...

You are only limited by what you are willing to put into it. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 11:35:10 AM »
I guess ive finally just given up and realized that the reasons I have enjoyed playing the game are a thing of the past for the most part.  What happened to flying for fun?  Or for the challenge not just for the kill or to see your name in lights.  Before you all go flame crazy I know a lot of you will say you have fun and thats fine, im glad you still do.  Ive been reading a lot of the threads with posts from guys that have been playing as long as I have and we all, seems to be a small minority anymore, agree the game play itself just isnt what it use to be.  The game has changed, the overall attitude of players has changed.  I do remember back 10 years ago when i first started playing and players cared more about the fight itself and outflying their enemy not just spraying their cannons in a HOE and crossing their fingers.  Ive played MW mostly for the last few years and up until 8 months ago or so it was a lot of fun.  Granted i had taken about a year off from playing and was just excited to play again.  Im now realizing that the style of play has been the same since i got back into it its just taken this long to really get on my nerves.  I was playing tonight for example in MW.  5 bish, 3 nits.  Our carrier was right off shore the nit base when i logged on and a somewhat decent fight was going on.  I flew in, had a few good fights.  After a few sorties a nit that had been shot down a few times, who also happens to have a low score, decides to get into the SB and fire at the carrier.  I asked him why is he trying to kill the carrier we are having a fun fight.  No answer so we moved the carrier out of range.  He the upped bombers from 2 sectors away and left his 2 other countrymates in a 5v2 while he flew over and sank the carrier.  I know its his 15 bucks and he can do what he wants and thats fine i guess but it killed our fun.  Most guys logged off after that cause the bases are to far apart to really have fun fighting and the carrier right off shore was the perfect platform for both sides to have easy access and fairly short flight to fight.

ya should've turned the carrier.

that being said, it's kinda harder to find a good fight in mw than it was a year ago....but when ya do, it is welllll worth it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 11:36:33 AM »
A typical Saturday morning when I was 8 years old:

Max: Mommy there's nothing to do.

Mommy: Max go outside and play.

Max: Mommy there's no one to play with.

Mommy: Then go FIND some one to play with.

Max: Mommy when is lunch gonna be ready?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 11:38:40 AM »
99.999% of the people here..including me..would jump..or tell someone to jump..into the SB and sink the carrier...immediately.  if that's not understood here...yeah..the game must have changed.

that would be acceptable, IF they were trying to capture the base....if they were shelling the field or town. if there was just a fight in the middle.....no reason to eliminate the carrier.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »
that would be acceptable, IF they were trying to capture the base....if they were shelling the field or town. if there was just a fight in the middle.....no reason to eliminate the carrier.

Nope.No reason other than to pad the score.But the little score ho's in here dont see it that way. I pretty much only fly the FSO's now so all that MA issues are not in the wash. Its gotten to the point in MA that there are more face shots than the entire pron industry.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 12:16:08 PM »
Its gotten to the point in MA that there are more face shots than the entire pron industry.

I have a feeling that will be appearing in someone's sig line in 3...2...1.... :uhoh
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 12:21:35 PM »
Nope.No reason other than to pad the score.But the little score ho's in here dont see it that way. I pretty much only fly the FSO's now so all that MA issues are not in the wash. Its gotten to the point in MA that there are more face shots than the entire pron industry.

"Doc, when did you get back into town?"   :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC