Author Topic: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Magnus

• Zinc Member
New radar = boring ...bring back old radar
« on: August 22, 2010, 02:48:01 PM »
I now know that Aces High is going total arcade... no strategy on offense or defense of bases .... total furball ... might as well make it like the dueling arena.... 2 bases and you can fly your plane in F3 mode... this is getting boring.....

I never read about any WWII bases covering each other so close. Most radar couldn't go through mountains ...the new radar is a cluster....

Old Radar - notice gaps....couldn't tell where every flight of every aircraft is coming from.

New radar every base is covering each other .... easy for newbies and non planners = LW Dueling Arena  :joystick:

Becoming very boring!   :frown:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:03:16 PM by Magnus »
(CO) 79th Fighter Group - Falcons / web 
AH Wall of Honor

Notice: Not here to win every post, like some members of Aces High II BB club

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Re: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 02:57:41 PM »
You come across as an absolute tard with all your "....another subject..." nonsense.  Just FYI if you want HTC to actually listen to you.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 03:02:38 PM »
It's easy for the newbs to find the fights now.  But it is also easy for the vets to find the newbs and slaughter them mercilessly.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
Maybe just ask for a more real radar system in game next time.....NOE would probably be even harder for you. btw way to attack an undefended base in the second picture....your awesome
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 03:32:13 PM »
You come across as an absolute tard with all your "....another subject..." nonsense.  Just FYI if you want HTC to actually listen to you.

You don't like what the guy wrote, so you call him a tard? Whats up with that? He said that he doesn't like the new radar. Whats wrong with that? I think he has a point.. I don't like the current set up either..

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 03:33:12 PM »
Maybe just ask for a more real radar system in game next time.....NOE would probably be even harder for you. btw way to attack an undefended base in the second picture....your awesome
How do you know it is undefended? Couldn't there be 100 Flak Panzers waiting for them? If you look above at A8, it looks like a gang bang going down and it isn't the Bishops doing it...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:43:46 PM by sky25 »

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 03:36:26 PM »
It's easy for the newbs to find the fights now.  But it is also easy for the vets to find the newbs and slaughter them mercilessly.

Finding implies hunting. There is no finding/hunting as it is already presented for the player's convenience.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »
Finding implies hunting. There is no finding/hunting as it is already presented for the player's convenience.

Yeah I agree, old radar settings were better.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »
Flaks.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
Yeah I agree, old radar settings were better.

I don't mind the NOE being modified, but the high alt aspect of always being 100% on the scope on the way to enemy strat bothers me. We tried to pork a path of radars into it at one time, but downtime was too short for what we were doing. I don't mind the fight, but leave a little tactical aspect in the game, please.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 03:47:03 PM »
I don't mind the NOE being modified, but the high alt aspect of always being 100% on the scope on the way to enemy strat bothers me. We tried to pork a path of radars into it at one time, but downtime was too short for what we were doing. I don't mind the fight, but leave a little tactical aspect in the game, please.
You are correct. Look at the old radar in the first photo. There are cons in 17.5 and 18.5. You cannot see them, but the dar shows that they are there.. Now the guy in 17.6 must try and find them.. Good hunting.. Are they buffs or fighters? What direction are they going in? This is what I see missing from the game now days.. The hunting aspect of it...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:51:35 PM by sky25 »

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 03:55:35 PM »
o-OH!  ... chinese's rule ...   :rofl 
mobilis in mobile

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 03:57:30 PM »
I don't mind the NOE being modified,

And this modification hasn't even been very effective in regards to it's original intent ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 04:27:29 PM »
You don't like what the guy wrote, so you call him a tard? Whats up with that? He said that he doesn't like the new radar. Whats wrong with that? I think he has a point.. I don't like the current set up either..
It's not what he wrote it's how he wrote it.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 04:41:50 PM »
     Come on Xbrit, you know you are not allowed to disagree with their rants  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars