Author Topic: Arena CAPS force squad of two to split at 21:30 GMT  (Read 961 times)

Offline HatTrick

• Copper Member
Re: Arena CAPS force squad of two to split at 21:30 GMT
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »
They should rename the Orange Arena to the Pink Arena. That way us manly men will be forced to Blue. :D

:bolt:

When I first started playing last month, it was the pink arena.  Not sure why or why it changed.  I figured it was some breast cancer awareness thing or something.

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »
Wow, 8 whole minutes went by after caps begun...and numbers are skewed like that...oh the horror.  I better run to the forums and whine about how they don't instantly equalize.  :rolleyes:

Dot,

No one expects that after 8 minutes the arenas will be balanced. Don't be silly.

I just don't like the idea of balancing the arenas... as has been said by others many times.

Just wanted HT to hear my complaint. That's all.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 04:19:45 PM by Nypsy »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »
I didn't say the map rotations were different.  I realize they are the same.  What I said is that the map that was in blue last night was not a very fun one and the population reflected that.  I also said that the prior map in blue was more conducive to good fights and the population in blue seemed to be very good most of the time while that map was in play.  That's just my observations though, I can't back it up with anything but what I saw on the lobby numbers and what I experienced flying in blue.

That's possible but I don't think it's likely.  I firmly believe that most people log in and if there is room in orange, that is where they are going to go regardless of the map that is currently in play there.  Their thinking is that more people equates to more action.  The problem is how do you get people to go to the other room without forcing them to by the cap?  I think that if the maps in blue are the ones that are most conducive to good aerial action, people will go there of their own volition.  I could be wrong but that certainly appeared to happen to me during this past weekend, Monday and Tuesday.

I'm not trying to tell you guys how to run your business.  I'm just a new guy trying to give some feedback on one of the few things I dislike about it. 

Hmmm, we had some pretty good fights going in Blue last night.  Not sure where you were?  There were some real knock down drag out air to air brawls going down in the the valleys.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 03:52:35 PM »
Maybe he was at 20k :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 04:21:17 PM »
This is nothing less than ANOTHER whine about "Arena Caps". 

Yes, it is. And I said so. And I feel that I am fully entitled to. And who I wanted to read it, read it. And I'm sorry most of you completely missed the point. I'll blame my bad english for that. I was trying to point out how absurd this "Arena Caps" thing.

Let me rephrase it better: we are two pile-its; we like to fly together; we couldn't; we had to move to another arena; it's annoying; in the end, we managed to do our thing and have fun; all ended well.

Cheers,

Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/

Offline HatTrick

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »
Hmmm, we had some pretty good fights going in Blue last night.  Not sure where you were?  There were some real knock down drag out air to air brawls going down in the the valleys.

I got into a couple against Gooss and a couple of other people that I don't recall the names but they were kind of infrequent.  We'd fight, one side or the other would win and then by the time the losing side could return, the other guys had to RTB for fuel.  From looking at the map, it seemed most of the fighting was going on between bish and rooks in the NW corner.  There were 4 sectors with a good sized dar bar up there. 

Oh and Shuffler, I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of times I've gone above 20k in this game.  I don't bother.  It's been my experience that the guys flying up there want no part of a fight.  They are just looking for B&Z targets.  I save my time and fuel and let them come down to where I am.  Case in point, there was a Spit 16 trying to hang a couple of our guys at 18-20k a couple of nights ago.  I saw what was going on and I had some distance so I climbed while I closed the distance.  As soon as he saw me above him, he dove as fast as he could to the deck :P