Author Topic: Peabody's Newest: "Pacific Mixup"  (Read 3794 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: Peabody's Newest: "Pacific Mixup"
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 01:51:02 PM »

So far the only glitch I came across is the F6 flight still bugs out. It will cause my game to crash.

Other than that it works great! I think I am going to stick with the 2.12.4 version, just so I can play this mission on LAN! The FM2's still work on the US side so I am happy!!!

CaptCarnage et all: I've updated the 2.12.4 version (again today) and that F6 problem should never bother you again. I also added the P39 and F4F, and a LOT of new voice chatter on the allied side. I tweaked the timing of the first furball a bit too and I think it's even more interesting now.

As I'm learning all of the complexities of supporting 3 different AH versions with this one mission, I've also improved my installation process and standardized on the location of the optional files. You'll to move things around a bit, but the installation process as documented on the individual version pages have it all explained.

I've also given you an easier way to add customized audio banter. You could even create a Japanese audio dialog for the Knights side, if you're handy with an audio editor like Audacity or Wavepad.

I think you're really going to like the new, intense audio banter if you ever choose to fly for the Bishops side.

Please let me know if it works for you now, and what you think of the new "immersion factor".

At this point, the 2.12.4 version is a bit more advanced than the other versions, but all have been enhanced recently.

Regards,

-Peabody-

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 02:24:19 PM »
Is that up for DL now on your site?

I have started to fly the FM2's. I never knew anything about them until I kept getting shot up by them. Being a HUGE GM fan(I own a few Pontiacs), I fell in luv.

I am going straight for the Zero's. So far the only way I can get them is if I BnZ them, or HO them. My shooting skills are so so. I can just fly like a mad man that is about it LOL. Witch will make for some crazy flights. One FM2 vs. 4-6 AM6's!!!

I will post the vid later on tonight. It is prime time gaming time at my place now. Can't hog up the bandwidth!!

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 03:33:31 PM »
Hahahah ya wow... I just DLed the new version. Must say. Hats off. Everything works on 2.12.4. F6's included on my end. The addition of the F4F's and P-39's as well.

The new radio chatter is a very nice touch on the Bish side. I was waiting for Red Leader from Star Wars to yell, "It's away!!!" followed by the classic, "negative, negative, it just impacted on the surface."

Having moved the flights closer to the coast line fixes things up very nice. On both sides it shapes up to be a great fight indeed!

Offline Vapor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »
I have tried downloading the 2.20 patch 3 version. It loads with briefing audio but the field ack is killing me. I have tried changing countries but the ack still fires although delayed until I am rolling out. I use windows 7  64-bit. I have attempted upping the F4u-1 and F6F. Suggestions appreciated.

Lt. Vapor
VF-17 Jolly Rogers
AH Tour 115 start

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 05:22:08 PM »
When you load up the map. You change the field Kara from Bish, yo Knights. You do not change countries as far as going threw the O club.

To change Kara go to. Options*>Arena Setup>Fields. Then change A1 to Knights. That is it. After that you will have no problems.

If you are still getting chopped up by Ack when going up in a US flight. Make sure A2 belongs to Bish.

*fixed
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 06:04:51 PM by CaptCarnage »

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 06:00:09 PM »
As promised. This was my first flight in the FM2. I think I did alright. Going head long into a group of Zero's might not have been the best thing. But what are ya going to do.

Here you guys go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqIKDytcadQ

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
not sure where i am going wrong at i cant download the map i click on it and i get nothing  :headscratch:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 06:50:44 PM »
Right Click. Then click the option, save as, or save link as.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
i did that anyway its showing now not sure what i did tho lol great1  :salute :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 07:37:41 PM »
As promised. This was my first flight in the FM2. I think I did alright. Going head long into a group of Zero's might not have been the best thing. But what are ya going to do.

Here you guys go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqIKDytcadQ

That's a nice video CaptCarnage. Rock n Roll audio is not my style, but most folks like it. The video action does a great job showing the superior bot battle tactics in AHV2124 versus your prior clip using AH2203. If you don't mind, I'll link it onto my mission page along with the other one, with explanatory text so observers can get a good feel for the advantages of AH2124. Thanks for shooting that.

-Peabody-

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 10:03:01 PM »
That's a nice video CaptCarnage. Rock n Roll audio is not my style, but most folks like it.

Ha, if my father saw you calling what I listen to rock and roll. He would lose the rest of the hair on his head! LOL. I am very lazy when it comes to my audio. All I do is see how long my vid is. Then chose a track that is the same length LOL.

I was watching a few of your vids. I really like the time you take with them. I really enjoyed the news cast style video.

Feel free to post any of my vids. I have a few ideas for my next few shoots. I think I am going to have to adopt more of a BnZ style when fighting the Zero's. I am also training up my brother on the fatter Navy planes. We are Canadian, so he flies Spits. I used to as well. But fell in luv with the Zeke's ability to turn!

It's ability to take damage not so much. But you have to get behind me first! Or some were I can't see you... that works as well.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 03:51:34 PM »

I was watching a few of your vids. I really like the time you take with them. I really enjoyed the news cast style video.

Feel free to post any of my vids. I

Thanks!

And I'm glad you have enjoyed watching a few of my videos. Are you referring to my Aces High Training videos? Or my Aces High mission stuff? Or the general flight-sim movies? Or my networking technology videos?

-Peabody-

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 04:57:25 PM »
I have just seen the mission vids. They were well done.

Offline Vapor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 05:54:29 PM »
Thanks for the help. Working fine...the combat audio is great.  :rock

Lt. Vapor
VF-17 Jolly Rogers
AH Tour 115 start

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 07:08:34 PM »
Thanks for the help. Working fine...the combat audio is great.  :rock

Vapor:

Which version did you download? And did you have any problems downloading and getting it to work?

-Peabody-