Author Topic: Tired of the Egos  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
Tired of the Egos
« on: August 25, 2010, 04:53:23 AM »
I am completely tired of all the incessant arguing on these forums that seem to be here, solely for arguments sake. Most of these involving one or more individuals that can't seem to get their head out of their rear ends. There are multiple people I see that are guilty of this. The worst part is that much of this goes on in the wishlist section of these forums. Constantly, when there are good discussions and/or suggestions, they constantly get derailed for the lulz or end up starting some huge argument which mostly ends up becoming a battle of two egos that refuse to leave their screen and go do something productive.

[/rant]

GowGow

Yes I know it probably doesn't make much sense, but that is what is currently going through my mind that hasn't slept in over 40 hours (horrible insomnia combined with insane heat, here in concord) :eek:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:54:27 AM by Pigslilspaz »

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Re: Tired of the Egos
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 05:03:24 AM »
For some reason I thINk I need to be INcluded IN this thread before the lock.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:11:29 AM by dirtdart »
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 05:30:37 AM »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 06:24:48 AM »
YAY! I made it IN before the lock!     :banana: :banana:
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:29:49 AM »
can someone please tell me why this would be locked? i've read over the rules but see nothing that I am doing wrong. I will pull it down if someone can tell me what is wrong

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 06:38:51 AM »
Well its not wrong "yet" but given that title it is almost 100% that it will go wrong.

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 06:40:16 AM »
save your $15 bucks and go to wal-mart and buy a AC

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 06:47:06 AM »
in?

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 06:55:34 AM »
can someone please tell me why this would be locked? i've read over the rules but see nothing that I am doing wrong. I will pull it down if someone can tell me what is wrong

Since you asked...

4- Flamebaiting, flaming, being abusing, being disrepectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed. If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.

You really can't see how the opening post might might be a tad bit in violation of rule 4?  Once you named names, it's (IMO) most definitely applicable. 

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 07:31:14 AM »
That's what happens when you have clashing personalities  :noid

~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 07:32:19 AM »
agree with the piglet :aok

a little more courtesy to others would be good, just because you disagree with one thing someone else has said doesnt make it ok to go all out and abuse them. Ive gone too far in the past, pretty much just because ive had a crappy day at work, Ive also apologised for doing so.

also I see plenty of disagreements about things which are eventually resolved with facts and data. I dont however see many posts along the lines of "fair enuf, I was wrong and you were right." debate is a good thing, even if you start off on the wrong side of it, because it increases understanding for everyone. :cool:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 07:33:27 AM »
Since you asked...

4- Flamebaiting, flaming, being abusing, being disrepectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed. If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.

You really can't see how the opening post might might be a tad bit in violation of rule 4?  Once you named names, it's (IMO) most definitely applicable. 

<S>
that doesn't fit, since i'm not trying to troll or flame. if it was for being disrespectful, look all around this board and you will find plenty of it and noone calling people out on it. Im not trying to get a reaction out of anyone, just trying to show my observations. And i know that there has to be AT LEAST few people here that agree with the OP. And if this is seen as verbally abusing someone, then that is just sad
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:35:19 AM by Pigslilspaz »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 07:40:13 AM »
that doesn't fit, since i'm not trying to troll or flame. if it was for being disrespectful, look all around this board and you will find plenty of it and noone calling people out on it. Im not trying to get a reaction out of anyone, just trying to show my observations. And i know that there has to be AT LEAST few people here that agree with the OP. And if this is seen as verbally abusing someone, then that is just sad
yea, ya are. you directly mentioned akak, and nemisis. you know one of them will be along shortly..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 07:45:20 AM »
I'll go IN
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 07:49:39 AM »
but the intention of my original post is to hopefully get it through to them that they need to honestly stop with the whole picking fights on the interwebz thing. And if I have any success, they will realize that and not try to fight back. That was my intention, not to say something and then have a countdown towards the moment they come barreling into this thread ready to attack. I'm just trying to attempt to have some peace on the boards.

Also, towards all the people In'ing this thread, why do you have the need to do this when 3-4 have already done it in a thread? It detracts even farther from the topic, which yet again has happened.