Author Topic: Mage 2  (Read 1095 times)

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
Mage 2
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:32:24 AM »
Just finished build the first "Mage 2"  Full frame rates with everything turned on full.  This MB, Mem, CPU was able to OC to 4.2 GHz on the stock fan and remain stable for 4 hours using OCCT.  It does not seem to have a ceiling.  With a good aftermarket HSF combo 4.0 GHz is not out of the question for a 24/7 system.

This is my first use of the Lian-Li "Lancool" case.  I am very impressed with this case.  Anti vibration on all the fans, hard drive mounting.  The lock down for the power supply and PCI(e) cards is second to none.  I did not like that if the front fan would go bad or if you wanted to replace it you would have to drill out rivets holding the HD cage in place to remove the fan.  The case offers "tool less" install of everything.

I have been asked several times about my cable management.  Here is a look at the rear of the MB tray.  I used a few 3pin Y power adapters for fan power.  Heat shrink and wire ties are my best friend.

To purchase or see cost.
http://tdcomputersystems.com/Systems/Mage-2/prod_105.html

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:40:48 AM by TilDeath »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Mage 2
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »
I posted a review of that case sometime last summer before they hit.   The biggest concern prior to Bill Owen getting the case were the "PCI mechanisms".   But they concluded that the Lancool was a good case.  

Rich, also of note.   You CAN reverse the HD trays and have the cables "in back". 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 02:48:09 PM »
I have the older, original Mage built by Rich, and can attest to his quality work and customer service.  I would highly recommend this system, as I have yet to encounter a problem in just over a year of regular use.   :aok

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 03:06:08 PM »
I posted a review of that case sometime last summer before they hit.   The biggest concern prior to Bill Owen getting the case were the "PCI mechanisms".   But they concluded that the Lancool was a good case.  

Rich, also of note.   You CAN reverse the HD trays and have the cables "in back". 
They are reversed  :salute

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »

If you look at the second picture down I did reverse the HD.   :salute

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »
holy cows i dont think i would ever be able to afford that tower out right. is the only reason i went with deal NICE payments
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 01:15:14 AM »
If you look at the second picture down I did reverse the HD.   :salute

Aha!  Saw it.   Yep, cool feature of that case.    :rock   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »
Aha!  Saw it.   Yep, cool feature of that case.    :rock   
When I was putting together a Beta EVO build I had to snap off the little plastic sliders to get it to reverse...don't like breakin stuff but it was well worth it!

TD, looks awesome!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 11:35:44 PM »
i so much want that computer  :frown: :frown: please SANTA!?!!!! i want that MAGE2 for christmas!!!!
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 12:30:21 AM »
nice work TD, if i had the 1500.00 it would cost i would be ordering it right now!! but alas the heart says yes the wallet say  :rofl :neener: :rofl :neener: :rofl :neener: :rofl :neener:

but maybe in a few months..............
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »
holy cows i dont think i would ever be able to afford that tower out right. is the only reason i went with deal NICE payments

Ditto on the Dell payment plan.

But be careful of only paying the minimum, the interest rate will kill ya!!

I am dividing my payments into 12 and paying it off within a year and will receive no interest.

Awesome computer!!  sorry for the hijack. :salute
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 03:01:54 PM »
Ditto on the Dell payment plan.

But be careful of only paying the minimum, the interest rate will kill ya!!

I am dividing my payments into 12 and paying it off within a year and will receive no interest.

Awesome computer!!  sorry for the hijack. :salute

thank you been wondering what he mean by "is the only reason i went with deal NICE payments" just didnt want to ask  :rofl.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »
I now have a financing option.  You will need to have a Verified PayPal account and good credit.  If you have both of these, the link here http://tdcomputersystems.com/financing/cat_79.html will explain how to use the "Bill Me later" option.

TD
Rich
678-634-0431
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 07:53:11 PM by TilDeath »

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 06:35:56 PM »
NOW ya tell me!!

I'll definitely recommend ya to my buds who may be in the market!!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 12:39:36 AM »
out of curiosity is there a way to "pre-qualify" for financing?  just in case we want the druid instead of the mage.  or maybe we not good enough for the druid but good for the mage.  not sure how the financing works.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.